Bombers add Jordan Reaves to neg list

gbill2004

How doesn't it give credibility.. Your a doctor so you should understand genetics.. Apples falling from trees and such.. Not rocket science..

Genetics do not determine athletic or intellectual performance, otherwise we would have a lot of hockey players named Richard, Mahovelich, Gretzky, etc etc and have our scientists all named Einstein, Feynman, Da Vinci and so forth. The only three generations of pro athletes are named Wilson.

I don't think that's true at all.

But I love the Feynman reference.

Could be kind of funny if he ever makes the starting lineup and they introduce him as being from a university that doesn't have a football program.

I don't think this Reaves is much like the other Reaves' we know.  Ryan Reaves is more like the old man, shorter (closer to 6 feet than 6 and a half feet like Jordan) and stocky.  Played football against him growing up and he certainly was a load of a running back.

He will do well to make It past mini-camp.

No chance he gets cut after mini-camp lol.  They basically know what they have in Reaves and they know it will take time.  Nothing he could do at mini camp would get him released unless he punches Kyle Walters or something.

He will do well to make It past mini-camp.

No chance he gets cut after mini-camp lol.  They basically know what they have in Reaves and they know it will take time.  Nothing he could do at mini camp would get him released unless he punches Kyle Walters or something.

Also, pretty sure I saw Darren Cameron saying that he'll be in TC in June, for sure...

I think Reaves. :D I heard Taman had a good hard look at that guy in the picture. Going on and on about his intangibles and the experience he could bring. What ultimately led to Taman not signing him was the fact that he had not been signed and released by at least 3 CFL teams already. :P

Atomic, how could the Bombers possibly know what they have in Reaves? All they truly know right now is that he is athletic. Players are signed and released during the offseason all the time. We will release several prospects, the team had high hopes for, after mini-camp. I'm not sure why people think the Bombers have made some kind of long term commitment to Reaves. I get it that his pedigree has people excited but realistically he is a prospect with extremely limited football experience. There is no tape at all on him. He will be judged at mini-camp. I can guarantee that if he shows to be way too raw of a prospect at mini-camp against our new DB prospects then he will be shown the door. This is where the Bombers will judge him and whether he is a prospect worth keeping around. Right now, imo, he has been signed as an intriguing flyer signing that will get a shot to show what he's got in mini-camp. He is likely not the only player who will be on the bubble to make it out of mini-camp. With his extremely limited football experience, I stand by my statement, that he will do well to make it out of mini-camp.

Atomic, how could the Bombers possibly know what they have in Reaves? All they truly know right now is that he is athletic. Players are signed and released during the offseason all the time. We will release several prospects, the team had high hopes for, after mini-camp. I'm not sure why people think the Bombers have made some kind of long term commitment to Reaves. I get it that his pedigree has people excited but realistically he is a prospect with extremely limited football experience. There is no tape at all on him. He will be judged at mini-camp. I can guarantee that if he shows to be way too raw of a prospect at mini-camp against our new DB prospects then he will be shown the door. This is where the Bombers will judge him and whether he is a prospect worth keeping around. Right now, imo, he has been signed as an intriguing flyer signing that will get a shot to show what he's got in mini-camp. He is likely not the only player who will be on the bubble to make it out of mini-camp. With his extremely limited football experience, I stand by my statement, that he will do well to make it out of mini-camp.

seeing as he is built like a tank with good size... is Canadian and didnt cost us a thing... id expect him on the PR almost positively unless he shows zero football skills..

A longshot no matter how you look at him. Athleticism, size and pedigree are all nice, but the training and experience are real hard to discount.

oh of course he's a long shot but you can't teach size or athletism and i highly doubt that some football skills didnt rub off while growing up.. if he played a 4 or 5 spot in basketball then he's used to contact to a degree and knows how to use strength, leverage and footwork to create separation.. not to mention he should have good twitch muscles if he trained with bobcats strength and conditioning coaches.. i dunno.. i see long shot but not nearly as much of one as others here do..