Esks trade Stamps to Als for Kenny Stafford AND FA Receiver Discussion

Jpan85

I'm good with entering neither of those sweepstakes.

I think Riders can't have both Green and Dressler. I kinda like Dressler in Blue&Gold.

But I agree that's there a cheaper option out there. I really like Ernest Jackson.

Chiles would be good too. I'm not really high on Ellingson.

If that's the case, then Green is not coming to Saskatchewan. I don't see Dressler going anywhere anytime soon.

Wow no love for Stafford- seems like potential for salary trade to me - edm will win this one in the long run

I'm willing to bet that Stamps is in the league longer than Stafford from this point on.

Could see Stafford as a nice 600 yard 2nd-3rd SB but also Stamps could easily rebound with another 1000 yard season if the OC wants...  McAdoo was in love with Bowman and Guyton has huge upside

I think this is a nice move for both teams - Stamps is cheaper than SJ Green and Esks have now freed up capspace

Stamps is no SJ Green for starters and coupled with the loss of Carter, don't kid yourself Als. are hurting in the receivers dept. Stamps is nearing the end of his career but is still a competent receiver. However Crompton needs more than just competent. That great o line of the Als. can only keep this guy upright for so long while he searches for an SJ or Carter who won't be there. They could still pick up a good receiver in fa. but even then they'll be hard pressed to stay on top in the east. I see a big turn down in Poppville.

Popp found Carter two years ago... life will go on

Lots of options in FA this year...  Banks, Grant, Giguere, Ellingson all FAs in Hammie - at least a couple will shake loose

My guess.

Banks to NFL until Sept, Giguere goes to EDM, Grant re-signs, Ellingson cut loose

Lots of options in FA this year...  Banks, Grant, Giguere, Ellingson all FAs in Hammie - at least a couple will shake loose

My guess.

Banks to NFL until Sept, Giguere goes to EDM, Grant re-signs, Ellingson cut loose

Wow, Ellingson looked like their golden child for a while...  would look good in Blue and Gold

Edm doesn't really need Giguere - think he's Montreal or Ottawa

My guess.

Wow, Ellingson looked like their golden child for a while...  would look good in Blue and Gold

Ellingson just cant stay healthy. Looked great under Burris but was invisible with Lefevour and Collaros in the few times he played. Doesnt look like he's a featured player under the new offense, I said Giguere going west only because he's flirting with bobsledding and they train out there

My guess.

Ellingson just cant stay healthy. Looked great under Burris but was invisible with Lefevour and Collaros in the few times he played. Doesnt look like he's a featured player under the new offense, I said Giguere going west only because he's flirting with bobsledding and they train out there

Maybe Huff will scoop him up after Sinopoli goes east

Dressler shat the bed last year. I'd have no interest in him if I'm Walters.

Yes he did, but Dressler is still a top receiver in this league. I'd still take him over Moore or Denmark myself.

Don't think he 's going anywhere. By the sounds of it he's the assnt OC along with Durant, of course.

what happened to the bomber that is on the seahawks practice squad, forget his name, tall guy, who doesn't seem to be doing much there.

do we want him back, if he's available?

Chris Matthews?

yes, that's the guy I meant

what happened to the bomber that is on the seahawks practice squad, forget his name, tall guy, who doesn't seem to be doing much there.

Chris Matthews?

He's on Seattle's PR, I think.

Chris Matthews?

Chris Matthews?

Guess he's on Special Teams.

Chris Matthews?

Chris Matthews?

Guess he's on Special Teams.

Even so, he's probably earning more than our whole starting offence.

If Ellingson is going anywhere my money is on Ottawa.

Probably. I think I'd rather have Chiles or Ernest Jackson anyways.

Actually, I'd take any of them. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of those choices.

Chiles had 475 yards in 8 games last year. That's an impressive 1070 yard pace. Very underrated receiver in this league, imo.

Gotta wonder if they'd go with Willy's first choice. Pretty confident we all know who that would be.

Willy could be lobbying for it and understandably so, nothing wrong to be reconnected to his favorite receiver in his UB days. Plus Ernest Jackson is a one heck of a receiver, very physical too.