Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

When your problem was injury, not talent (like it is with both Swiston and Pencer) then you're going to get multiple looks at a high demand, low supply position. I think Swiston has a chance. Pencer is a write off as far as I'm concerned.

Pencer looked to me like he showed up at camp completely out of shape, and he was getting turnstiled on every play. That first exhibition game he was just getting schooled. Definitely one of Mack's worst picks, especially given how high he was taken.

Braley has to go. Any good he did for the CFL is now long gone. He's as bad or even worse than any other owner that team has had. If they do move into BMO & actually have an owner who cares it'll take years to undo the damage these idiot owners in the past including Braley have done to the Argos brand & the CFL.

@ArashMadani: Per #CFL sources: #Argos are putting on a recruiting push to sign Jamaal Westerman, a veteran NFL LB who under new rules would be a Canadian

@ArashMadani: While #CFL sources tell me the BC Lions also has interest in Jamaal Westerman, the veteran LB is in Toronto and they hope to get a deal done

@ArashMadani: Per #CFL sources: #Argos are putting on a recruiting push to sign Jamaal Westerman, a veteran NFL LB who under new rules would be a Canadian

@ArashMadani: While #CFL sources tell me the BC Lions also has interest in Jamaal Westerman, the veteran LB is in Toronto and they hope to get a deal done

Has anyone mentioned this ?

Kashif Montgomery signed with BlueBombers? The news is from February 10.

http://pawtuckettimes.com/content/central-falls-athletics-northern-exposure-montgomery-signs-deal-cfls-winnipeg-blue-bombers

Mentioned this on Twitter once or twice in February, but the longer we wait, the more I think he may just have been offered a shot at mini camp or may have been released by now in favor of someone they liked better.

http://pawtuckettimes.com/content/central-falls-athletics-northern-exposure-montgomery-signs-deal-cfls-winnipeg-blue-bombers

Mentioned this on Twitter once or twice in February, but the longer we wait, the more I think he may just have been offered a shot at mini camp or may have been released by now in favor of someone they liked better.

didn't it say he signed a contract? Or does that just mean nothing...?

Kinda means nothing.

We signed a DB by the name of Jeff Richards last year, never announced it, brought him to mini camp and he didn't impress, so we cut him.

Signed and cut before ever announcing it. More common than we think.