Mike

Riders and Esks trade

To Saskatchewan:

National LS Jorgen Hus

3rd round selection in 2016 CFL Draft

To Edmonton:

National WR Cory Watson

2nd round selection in 2016 CFL Draft

WTF!!! Watson basically traded for a LS?!?!?

The rights to said long snapper.. I don't believe he is even a CFLer at the moment.,

Farhan Lalji         @FarhanLaljiTSN

Uof Cgy C Sean McEwen letting #CFL teams know he's undecided about playing in CFL this season. Wants to finish degree. Projected 1st rounder

I predict he falls to the third round to the Stumps and then suddenly decides he wants to play in the CFL this season.

Farhan Lalji         @FarhanLaljiTSN

Uof Cgy C Sean McEwen letting #CFL teams know he's undecided about playing in CFL this season. Wants to finish degree. Projected 1st rounder

I predict he falls to the third round to the Stumps and then suddenly decides he wants to play in the CFL this season.

At least you got the 3 right.

Ottawa REDBLACKS         @REDBLACKS

The #REDBLACKS have released WR Eric Fraser, LS Philippe Dubuisson-Lebon, RB Alvester Alexander, DL Michael Dadzie, & DB Eric Samuels.

Eric Fraser is a S/DB.  I think he will be a good pickup. He was good in Calgary.

Veteran CFLer Eric Fraser was the headliner among five players released by the Ottawa Redblacks on Thursday.

The 28-year-old B.C. native had been picked by the Redblacks in the Canadian Football League expansion draft in December 2013 and was their starting safety at the beginning of their inaugural season.

However, Fraser was bumped to back-up status midway through the season and was being looked at as a receiver during mini-camp drills at TD Place stadium in late April. He had played receiver in high school and in his first year at Central Michigan University, but was then shifted to defensive back.

He was a first-round draft pick by the Calgary Stampeders and spent his first four CFL seasons with that team before being claimed by the Redblacks.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/football/cfl/veteran-eric-fraser-released-by-redblacks

CFL News @CFL_News

OL Tyson Pencer & K/P Zackary Medeiros sign with the Green & Gold. DETAILS: http://ow.ly/MX3kK  #CFL #Esks via @EdmontonEsks

The Eskimos also announce the release of offensive lineman Chris Mercer who was selected in the third round (26th overall) in the 2013 CFL Canadian Draft and spent the last two seasons on the Eskimo practice roster.

A mainstay at left guard for the Rams, Mercer didn't miss a game in his four seasons at the U of R. He started a total of 32 conference games and five postseason games in his career and was named a second-team All-Canadian in 2012, his final season with the Rams.
CFL Draft: Selected by Edmonton in the third round (26th overall), 2013

I like Chris Mercer before. Based on Forde's scouting report from the past he's one those OL that has attitude and nastiness.

CFL News @CFL_News

OL Tyson Pencer & K/P Zackary Medeiros sign with the Green & Gold. DETAILS: http://ow.ly/MX3kK  #CFL #Esks via @EdmontonEsks

The Eskimos also announce the release of offensive lineman Chris Mercer who was selected in the third round (26th overall) in the 2013 CFL Canadian Draft and spent the last two seasons on the Eskimo practice roster.

A mainstay at left guard for the Rams, Mercer didn't miss a game in his four seasons at the U of R. He started a total of 32 conference games and five postseason games in his career and was named a second-team All-Canadian in 2012, his final season with the Rams.

CFL Draft: Selected by Edmonton in the third round (26th overall), 2013

I like Chris Mercer before. Based on Forde's scouting report from the past he's one those OL that has attitude and nastiness.

So Pencer is getting one last shot.  I hope he actually did some fitness training this off-season, and doesn't show up just to perform another pylon/turnstyle exhibition like he did last year.