Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

From CFL.ca:

Argos hopeful Ray could be throwing by training camp

TORONTO -- The Toronto Argonauts are still hopeful that quarterback Ricky Ray will be healthy enough to start throwing once training camp opens next month.  General Manager Jim Barker provided an update on Ray's off-season rehabilitation which followed shoulder surgery last November.

The club confirmed that Ray was examined by team medical staff earlier this week.

“Ricky has worked hard this off-season and our medical staff has informed us that they are very happy with his progress to date," Barker said in a statement. "We were aware his rehabilitation would be a long process and going into the surgery we committed to the process.

We will not rush him back early. Ricky will be provided the time he requires to allow his shoulder to fully heal. Over the next few weeks, he will intensify his rehabilitative therapy and will continue to increase his strength and range of motion in his shoulder so that he is ready to begin throwing when 2015 training camp opens.”

Ray underwent successful surgery on November 24 to repair the torn labrum in his right (throwing) shoulder as well as a small tear in his right rotator cuff. He immediately began rehabilitative therapy. Normal rehabilitation time for this procedure is approximately six months.

Graig Newman?

Yeah!  Thats him!

Safety/WIL, I believe.....do you seriously not remember Graig Newman? Was a really huge deal that we picked him up last off season and was projecting to be our starting Safety (??) and was a fairly significant blow when he got hurt....

Graig Newman?

Yeah!  Thats him!

Safety/WIL, I believe.....do you seriously not remember Graig Newman? Was a really huge deal that we picked him up last off season and was projecting to be our starting Safety (??) and was a fairly significant blow when he got hurt....

I do remember him and his importance, thats why I was asking.  For some reason I have a hard time remembering his name.  He came up in another thread months ago and I had to ask what his name was then too.  Easy enough name.  Just doesnt stick in my mind,.  Too many chairshots.

Graig Newman?

Yeah!  Thats him!

I do remember him and his importance, thats why I was asking.  For some reason I have a hard time remembering his name.  He came up in another thread months ago and I had to ask what his name was then too.  Easy enough name.  Just doesnt stick in my mind,.  Too many chairshots.

Being from Saskatchewan Newman's parents expected twins and had already chosen the names Gregg and Craig, when only one came out they had to compromise on his name.  Poor kid.

Graig Newman?

Yeah!  Thats him!

Being from Saskatchewan Newman's parents expected twins and had already chosen the names Gregg and Craig, when only one came out they had to compromise on his name.  Poor kid.

Being from Saskatchewan, there's a good chance that his parents were twins...

Odd trade. BC sends Rec SJ Haidaira to Hamilton for a 5th Rd pick in 2015 and a neg lister. Low price there IMO

Too early to say. Depends on who the neg lister and draft pick turn out be.

It does not depend on who the 5th round pick turns out to be. The value of the pick does not increase/decrease based on who you choose to select with it.

Odd trade. BC sends Rec SJ Haidaira to Hamilton for a 5th Rd pick in 2015 and a neg lister. Low price there IMO

Too early to say. Depends on who the neg lister and draft pick turn out be.

It does not depend on who the 5th round pick turns out to be. The value of the pick does not increase/decrease based on who you choose to select with it.

The neglister is DT Andre Monroe of Maryland

http://www.tsn.ca/lions-trade-wr-haidara-to-ticats-for-pick-1.276729

Stands 5.11 Weights. 282lb