Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

I hope that Curran is aware of the tremendous history of great linebackers here in Winnipeg and the esteem they were and are held in. Tradition has to count for something, doesn't it?

Nope. Show me the money. Ty Jones has died. James West & Greg Battle have long since retired. I doubt if Curran knows anything about those guys. 

I just don't want Walters to lose to a turd of a General Manager in Desjardins. He signed Burris last year to **** us over. Although in the end he actually screwed his team over with that signing. He mocked our team in the expansion draft & his team wins just 2 games last season. Still, screw that *******. 

Money does talk and is the biggest factor. However, situation and opportunity are also factors. If money is close between us and Ottawa, I think that secondary factors could come into play. Ottawa's only hope is the money. Ours is a combination of money, opportunity, and intangibles. Eskimos best hope is loyalty and intangibles. All in all, if the bidding is tight, I think we offer him the best overall package of the three remaining teams. Ottawa's only hope is if they make an offer he can't refuse. Edmonton's only chance is if Ottawa, and Winnipeg don't beat them in the bidding by much and they can convince him he will have an expanded role in the defence.

Money, opportunity to play, opportunity to win are ALL motivating factors for a FA to sign. If we sign Curran it won't ALL be about the money. Players love to jump on board a team's ship just as they appear to be on their way up and many bail when the team shows signs of decline.

We are in a good situation where it would appear our team is ascending.