Now that we have the Grey Cup out of the way ...

BigBlue

So when do you think Miller and Walters might push for changes? Because in a blink of an eye their butts will be on the line as well.

I really have no idea.  It's just my feeling that this is a matter of principal with O'Shea.  They are his coordinators and no one is going to tell him who he can and can't have.  If that's the case, then Walters would be treading on very dangerous ground if he was to push the issue.  Would O'Shea resign if he was told that he had to get rid of either of them?  What level of turmoil is the GM prepared to cause?  Or will he simply tell O'Shea that if he wants to keep them then that will be on his (O'Shea's) head and his alone and then let next year's chips fall where they may?

One thing about life in Bomberland, it's always interesting and there's never any time that has to be wasted planning for playoff games or victory parades.  

So when do you think Miller and Walters might push for changes? Because in a blink of an eye their butts will be on the line as well.

I really have no idea.  It's just my feeling that this is a matter of principal with O'Shea.  They are his coordinators and no one is going to tell him who he can and can't have.  If that's the case, then Walters would be treading on very dangerous ground if he was to push the issue.  Would O'Shea resign if he was told that he had to get rid of either of them?  What level of turmoil is the GM prepared to cause?  Or will he simply tell O'Shea that if he wants to keep them then that will be on his (O'Shea's) head and his alone and then let next year's chips fall where they may?

One thing about life in Bomberland, it's always interesting and there's never any time that has to be wasted planning for playoff games or victory parades.  

What exactly has MOS won for any of us including Walters to be afraid of if he resigns? Other than 6 games?? Unreal. If he resigned tomorrow over this, I'd say don't let the door hit you on the way out, coach.

Buono has spoken to Jeff Garcia about the #BCLions head coaching job. He plans to ask #Stamps for permission on Dickenson this week

Buono has also spoken to Paul Lapolice about the #BCLions job. I expect Danny Barrett & Orlondo Steinauer to get strong consideration also

Buono: "We are not going to make an offer to Kevin Glenn. As far as we're concerned he's a free agent." @CFL

Buono: "The four guys we did not pick up the option on are Marsh, Schmitt, Mitchell, and Jamall Johnson" @CFL

Got to love Wally, he's a blur at this time of the year.  While Walters is just reaching out tentatively for his first kiss, Wally has already done the job and is zipping up his fly.   Guess the Bombers will settle for sloppy seconds or worse when it comes to choosing from available coordinators again.  Could use a bit of Elvis's TCB around IGF.

Priorities list for the Bombers:

1. resolve the coaching

2. recruit big,mean O-linemen, both import and non-import

3. recruit a homicidal middle linebacker

4. sign a carnivorous defensive end

5. continue to improve the Canadian depth

6. insist that O'Shea get a sodium thiopenthal shot before every post-game presser

Buono has spoken to Jeff Garcia about the #BCLions head coaching job. He plans to ask #Stamps for permission on Dickenson this week

Buono has also spoken to Paul Lapolice about the #BCLions job. I expect Danny Barrett & Orlondo Steinauer to get strong consideration also

Buono: "We are not going to make an offer to Kevin Glenn. As far as we're concerned he's a free agent." @CFL

Buono: "The four guys we did not pick up the option on are Marsh, Schmitt, Mitchell, and Jamall Johnson" @CFL

Got to love Wally, he's a blur at this time of the year.  While Walters is just reaching out tentatively for his first kiss, Wally has already done the job and is zipping up his fly.   Guess the Bombers will settle for sloppy seconds or worse when it comes to choosing from available coordinators again.  Could use a bit of Elvis's TCB around IGF.

Are you serious?   Negotiated extensions with Stoudemire, Anderson and Cotton.    Wow...Wally announced he wont be bringing back 5 players from his 2014 roster.   He's a freaking genius   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Are you serious?   Negotiated extensions with Stoudemire, Anderson and Cotton.    Wow...Wally announced he wont be bringing back 5 players from his 2014 roster.   He's a freaking genius   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Winningest coach in CFL history. Won 3 Grey Cups as GM/HC. Just about.

A month to do a coaches evaluation, Mike O'Shea??? Like honestly, he doesn't know yet? At this rate, we're on track to win our next Grey Cup in 2085. This is getting ridiculous.

You're fantastic. Never change...

I could be waiting in line for water while my hair is on fire and still not be able to match your level of impatience.

Other teams have demonstrated that they needed to make changes in their staffs. The purge will continue in Sask. When will Winnipeg step up?

Sask is making changes but are they the right moves?  The team was 8-2 when Durant went down.  Don't you think they might be overreacting by reportedly firing both their coordinators?

Any GM can hire and fire guys every year.  Does that make him a better GM than one who sticks by his guys?

I'm not saying the Bombers are right if they don't make any changes, but the simple act of making changes isn't always the right move.

The truest measure of a successful offseason is being the team to fire the most coaches and cut the most players.  And it's also a race.

The speed portion makes scoring who had the most successful offseason a bit more difficult than just counting cuts and firings, but I'm sure DR. CFL has developed a complex algorithm for this purpose.  He is a doctor after all.

Once the swimsuit competition part of the offseason is officially added (2017?), the winner will be readily obvious.  No more of that nasty math needed.  Buono is a genius.  He'll figure out a way to rock an orange speedo.

That was all in house so there was no competition for those players, kudos due.  The Bombers ended up with Etch and Marcel in the first place because there was nothing but table scraps left by the time they stepped up to the plate.  We already know BC, Ottawa and Sask. are in the hunt and there maybe more teams looking to replace a coordinator or two and as always there's not a lot with CFL experience to choose from.  In the 100 yard dash they can't afford to be slow off the line.

Priorities list for the Bombers:

1. resolve the coaching

2. recruit big,mean O-linemen, both import and non-import

3. recruit a homicidal middle linebacker

4. sign a carnivorous defensive end

5. continue to improve the Canadian depth

6. insist that O'Shea get a sodium thiopenthal shot before every post-game presser

figuratively... 

Wow, I did not expect that BC wouldn't even make an offer to Kevin Glenn.  Where's he gonna be next year?  Montreal?  Saskatchewan?  Edmonton?  I can't see him not being in the league.

Potentially Calgary if Tate is headed for F.A. or Sask. as long as Glenn finally accepts he will be a backup from this point forward.  Wonder who Wally is eyeballing to make this move.  Lefevour?

Forget not Wally Buono is the guy who traded for Pierce, attempted to sign Jyles this off season and was a part of rushing Lulay back on the field....  the guy IMO isn't perfect like so many people make him out to be.  

And gave up his first rounder for a one year rental of Glenn.

Shh, don't question the genius of the ... genius.

Cool, noun and adjective.  Love those.

Forget not Wally Buono is the guy who traded for Pierce, attempted to sign Jyles this off season and was a part of rushing Lulay back on the field....  the guy IMO isn't perfect like so many people make him out to be.  

And gave up his first rounder for a one year rental of Glenn.

He did what he had to do at the time, but now, that is not seen as such a smooth move.

I really figured he'd sign Glenn again, and tally up the teams who come looking for an experienced QB.

At least get a draft choice back.

This year proved that there is a desperate need for exp. QBs and here is Wally…just giving one away.

Why doesn't that sound right?

(***and boy, would Walters get roasted for a move like that.)