Mike Benevides Fired

Atomic

How do you know they didn't? Just because the media hasn't reported it/doesn't know about it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I, for one, prefer when stuff like this happens under the table, rather than in the public eye.

If something like that happens and I'm Washington, I'm telling Buono I will wait a while in good faith since that organization has been my employer for my entire career, but I want to be kept in the loop as to what's happening with the HC hiring process, and it better not take long to be resolved.  There is a limit to how long I'd allow uncertainty to hang over my head when I know there is stability available 4 CFL cities over.

Not that I would want him back here as a head coach, but its strange that NOBODY seems to have considered Doug Berry as a head coach. His record here was pretty good given the circumstances of his term, and maybe he doesn't want the aggravation any more.

I'd take Berry back in a second.  Made the playoffs every year.  And that smart guy Bauer made Berry the scapegoat for the "unfinished business" season...in favor of his boy Mike Kelly.

I will always like & respect Berry for being the man with the balls to cut that blabbermouth moron Westwood!  Bring back mad Doug Berry as our OC.

Not that I would want him back here as a head coach, but its strange that NOBODY seems to have considered Doug Berry as a head coach. His record here was pretty good given the circumstances of his term, and maybe he doesn't want the aggravation any more.

I'd take Berry back in a second.  Made the playoffs every year.  And that smart guy Bauer made Berry the scapegoat for the "unfinished business" season...in favor of his boy Mike Kelly.

I will always like & respect Berry for being the man with the balls to cut that blabbermouth moron Westwood!  Bring back mad Doug Berry as our OC.

So you don't like Westwood? Is that what I can take away from this?

It has been a few years now. Maybe time to let it go a bit. Maybe change to Life as Bomber Supporter Sucks or Potholes Suck.

It has been a few years now. Maybe time to let it go a bit. Maybe change to Life as Bomber Supporter Sucks or Potholes Suck.

nope.  Westwood needs to be hated

I've heard from really good sources that the players absolutely DESPISED Doug Berry, fwiw. One roster player was quoted as saying, after Berry got fired, "I knew I'd outlast that prick here..."

still made the playoffs every year.  What do our coaches have against that?  Squat!  Coaches shouldn't be paid to make friends.  This is pro football, not minor

I only have to remember Berry's demeanor on the sidelines, the way he treated certain players, and riding around on the stupid golf cart at practice to know I don't want him back here.

So winning games and making the playoffs don't matter to you?

Because we've made the playoffs once since he was fired...once in 6 years...

Don't let it go until Westy is

Don't let it go until Westy no longer deserves our ire..........which is never. 

To quote Jim Lahey, "A %$ leopard can't change it's spots"

I only have to remember Berry's demeanor on the sidelines, the way he treated certain players, and riding around on the stupid golf cart at practice to know I don't want him back here.

So winning games and making the playoffs don't matter to you?

Because we've made the playoffs once since he was fired...once in 6 years...

100% agree.  Who cares if he's well liked, we never missed the playoffs with him. 

This isn't atom and peewee.  You don't have to be nice.  Any player who is in th eCFL, should appreciate what they have, becuase in many cases, we're the end of the road.

ONCE IN THE 6 YEARS SINCE WE FIRED HIM!    What a joke............

It's not about being liked, it's about completely losing control of the room, having zero working relationship with the majority of the players and basically completely giving up.  Most normal years that 08 team would have been a 3-15 Tim Burke type disaster.  That 08 season was just as embarrassing, Berry was saved by Toronto and Hamilton being awful that year and having enough veterans who basically took over that team on offense themselves.

Played in CFL then coached with Wally in a Calgary. Coached Cal for 11 years where he developed Aaron Rodgers. Has been very successful developing college quarterbacks. Was to work with the Bucs the past couple years but has had heart problems. See if they can afford him.

Back to the original topic of BC HC, rumours that Jeff Telford (??) close to being named HC. As an aside, he and Cortez worked together in Calgary...

They also worked together at Cal too.

Ya I may have misunderstood the tweets referring to Cal, and assumed it was Stampeders. I assume you guys are talking about some other American team?

think that guy will want Washington?

Question is... who else is available ?

Clancy Pendergast

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/usc-trojans-nfl-clancy-pendergast-next-coaching-job-120914

You wish.

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

It just sounds like he's going to stay in College or NFL as a DC, not come up here.