Mike Benevides Fired

Atomic

The Sask hate for Edmonton doesn't go back to the 80s, it goes back to the early 2000s when according to Riderfans, the Esks were dirty rotten cheaters who just spent their way to championships to hell with the cap! The ironing is delicious considering the Riders are currently in a "to hell with the cap!" spree of their own to get championships.

The Sask hate for Edmonton doesn't go back to the 80s, it goes back to the early 2000s when according to Riderfans, the Esks were dirty rotten cheaters who just spent their way to championships to hell with the cap! The ironing is delicious considering the Riders are currently in a "to hell with the cap!" spree of their own to get championships.

Yeah 17, that sounds way more correct. The Riders were the league doormats until Roy Shivers came along & cultivated Rider Nation based on Raider Nation in the NFL. I was around in the 70's watching Edmonton always beat the Bombers in the playoffs & I HATED the Esks back then because of it. The Bomber teams back then were just as talented as the Eskies were & had we beaten them even just once or twice we'd have 2 more GC victories to our credit as an organization. Now, 35 years later I have great respect for what they accomplished. Winning 5 GC's in a row will never be be tied or beaten I believe. The West back then was tough. Like it is now. Just to get out of it was something. If I don't hate the Eskimos for what they did back then, there's no reason for a 25 year old Rider fan today to hate them either. 

I think the Edmonton hate for every team goes back to when they were dominant, the rider fan base tho is a little interesting, not sure many of their current fans were even around then or fans of the CFL at that time, i wasn't really born back when the ESKS were dominating but i've been told countless times by plenty of people on how easy to hate they were. I've never liked the ESKS, maybe it's the color of green they wear, i just don't like it but something has always bothered me with the ESKS. Seems like recently, it's arrogance from guys like Kavis Reed and Hervey and before them, Tillman. I'm not really sure tho. Cuz for the last several years, outside of this past one, the esks haven't really been that great.. I dunno what it is but honestly if i was to personally rank teams in order of my dislike for them

NO BS, i'm gonna say this, The riders are number 3, only because for some reason, i've always liked cheering for the teams that are comparable to Winnipeg, can say what you want about their fanbase but that rider team has been run like the bombers should have been the last several years.

Order of Hate lol

1. Hamilton - this goes back to the Mike Kelly era, the boat incident in the endzone, didn't like it one bit and Austin in my opinion is as arrogant as they get plus their fan base pissed me off talking about IGF and how it was delayed, suppose a little bit of karma showed up for them when their stadium was delayed even longer

2. Edmonton - Just can't stand them, hate them.. really do. 

3. Sask

4. Montreal - just another arrogant organization in my opinion

5. Toronto - Guess this is from being in the east for so long, all the eastern teams in the top 5 really

6. BC - BC Sucks right? but not as much as the other teams lol

7. Calgary - i honestly can't hate Huff and Dickenson.

8. Ottawa - Too new to hate but certainly don't like Desjardins and his arrogance that's for sure, you know what..Flip Calgary and Ottawa here actually... Dislike Ottawa more only due to the arrogance of Ottawas GM.