Mike Benevides Fired

Atomic

Can't imagine the A&W Root Bear in blue and gold, just wouldn't look right.

On another front apparently sparks are flyiing in the Bomber's offices over Etch's future.

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 10m10 minutes ago

@3lue_n_6old Sounds like there's a power struggle over Etcheverry's future right now.

Well that sucks.....was hoping Marcel was in the conversation too :)

Hopefully they've reached a consensus on Marcel's fate so there's no need for a power struggle.

Yeah the D really wasn't the issue in BC at all, they went something like what? 3 or 4 games without giving up a TD at one point, the team to score that TD on them, The Bombers lol

Lawless pushing for Lapolice already to get the JOB there in BC. would Lapolice, after what he said about the controlling GM Joe Mack really want to take that JOB in BC if wally is actually running the show there? 

I think any coaching candidate the Lions are interested in would tell Wally to back off or he wouldn't take the job. 

As much as I like KJ as a person and a Bomber, not sure he's right for the Bombers now. 

I'd like to see us get Cortez as OC. As for DC, Steinhauer in TO, Washington in BC, or even Benevides would all be upgrades. 

I get it that people like Khari around these parts. So do I. However, I find it awfully ironic that the people clamoring for us to get rid of Bellefeuille want to replace him with a guy that runs an offensive system taught to him by Bellefeuille. I like Khari...but why replace an offensive system with a near perfect carbon copy of itself.

Id be thrilled to bring in Khari if it was a step below OC.  Not sure we have the room.  We already have a coaching spot being occupied by a former beloved QB learning to coach.

Intrigued by the Etch rumour.  I wonder who's on which side of the line.  Assume Walters or Wade want to dump him and MOS wants to keep him?

so as of now, it looks like the possible candidates for BC's HC will be:

- LaPolice

- Thorpe

- Millanovich (if he chose to leave TO)

I think any preliminary list would have to include Trestman.  I know he is still in Chicago, but there is lots of speculation that the situation might change.

so as of now, it looks like the possible candidates for BC's HC will be:

- LaPolice

- Thorpe

- Millanovich (if he chose to leave TO)

I think any preliminary list would have to include Trestman.  I know he is still in Chicago, but there is lots of speculation that the situation might change.

Just saw that after I submitted my post.

What's Cortez standing on the Riders ?

Doug Berry and Greg Marshall reunion in BC ?

JuranBoldenRules, on 20 Nov 2014 - 6:39 PM, said:

I'm a little bit surprised at this one to be honest.  I thought on the whole BC punched above their weight given the guys they lost and the spots on their team that are abysmal (offensive line being the obvious one).  Wally passing the buck.

Could David Braley himself be a bit behind this?

I've certainly seen enough of this league to know that coaching is one tough business and even small things can sometimes get you fired.  Obviously losing that playoff game, a game that does have a lot of weight was gonna trigger a chain reaction of some sort, and BC obviously wants something new.

But yeah, being stuck with Glenn and his unreliable backups isn't necessarily Bene's fault.  I'm also not of the opinion that it was merely one game that got him fired, somebody or some people on that team must've un-backed him, similarly to what they say is happening to Tom Coughlin in NY right now.

I have no doubt he will get on as an assist or possibly head coach somewhere like either here or in Hamilton, but who knows, maybe the Redblacks will capitalize on this and dump Campbell for him.