Mike O'Shea Now Has More Wins In His 1st Season Than Ritchie Did In His

USABomberfan

bilukidi and mulaumba.. real hope for blue. Henoc not playing much either

Now you've got me all excited and tingly.

Probably won't happen, but the alliterative side of me would sure love have Unamba, Muamba and Mulamba all playing in the backfield at the same time.

Rod Black's nipples would explode.

Aren't Rod Black's nipples always hard?

Probably won't happen, but the alliterative side of me would sure love have Unamba, Muamba and Mulamba all playing in the backfield at the same time.

I'll check when I get home.

M.O.A.B., on 03 Nov 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

USABomberfan, on 01 Nov 2014 - 6:04 PM, said:

Yup I said it first.

And the 2014 Season finishes at 7-11

Long way to go for this team to improve, but this is still a big start.  I know, if only we hadn't laid that egg in Ottawa, or beaten the Leos last week, or managed to win one game vs Ssk or the last against Hamilton.  But hey, we're getting there as I've been saying all along.

And a Win is a win.

Let's take that Grey Cup in 2015

Mike Kelly also finished the 2009 season with 7-11 record.

Just sayin' :P

I knew this would be brought up.  But anyway, Mike Kelly's record was only a partial reason he was fired, the bigger reason is because he was an embarrassment to the team and the league as a whole with his awful character, the CFL commissioner at the time even said so.  He was also GM and majorly ****ed up throwing good players out the door with that control.  If you can't respect or treat your players like a professional should, you don't deserve to be coaching.

Plus Kelly didn't take a 3-win team from the year before and improve them, he took a perennial Grey Cup team that Berry had built and pretty much rode it into the ground.  Bigggg difference from what O'Shea has done.

Wow, I never thought Rod Black is living with you.

You've spoiled my day.   I'm going to have to go back to heroin to wash that image from my mind.

Wow, I never thought Rod Black is living with you.

We all have our secrets.

M.O.A.B., on 03 Nov 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

USABomberfan, on 01 Nov 2014 - 6:04 PM, said:

Yup I said it first.

And the 2014 Season finishes at 7-11

Long way to go for this team to improve, but this is still a big start.  I know, if only we hadn't laid that egg in Ottawa, or beaten the Leos last week, or managed to win one game vs Ssk or the last against Hamilton.  But hey, we're getting there as I've been saying all along.

And a Win is a win.

Let's take that Grey Cup in 2015

Mike Kelly also finished the 2009 season with 7-11 record.

Just sayin' :P

I knew this would be brought up.  But anyway, Mike Kelly's record was only a partial reason he was fired, the bigger reason is because he was an embarrassment to the team and the league as a whole with his awful character, the CFL commissioner at the time even said so.  He was also GM and majorly ****ed up throwing good players out the door with that control.  If you can't respect or treat your players like a professional should, you don't deserve to be coaching.

Plus Kelly didn't take a 3-win team from the year before and improve them, he took a perennial Grey Cup team that Berry had built and pretty much rode it into the ground.  Bigggg difference from what O'Shea has done.

I took one of my daughter's to her first game in the Mike Kelly era and and I had to explain offense in theoretical terms: That guy is a quarterback and when he isn't running for his life he is supposed to throw the ball forward but more than the 8 yards this guy can throw. Also I had to explain that usually the game isn't over after 1 quarter and that fans can also cheer as well as boo. I didn't have to explain a first down because she never saw one.  It is hard to believe that Mike Kelly season was 7 wins because that was one hopeless looking squad with almost no fight in them. Maybe my memory is faluty but I find this team to be far more competitive.

Mike Kelly's 7 win season seemed worse then this last one for many reasons, some of which you state.

But to me, the biggest reason is the team had had much more success in prior years and our expectation of the team was much higher.  

Prior to that season, our records was 8 -10, 10 - 7, 9 - 9, and had made the playoffs all 3 of those years.  (Going to the Grey Cup in 2007).

So 7 wins seemed bad in comparison to our expectations of previous years, where as this year, well everyone knows what our record has been the last couple of years.

Mike Kelly's reign really marked the beginning of the current slide that we've been on for the last 6 years (2011 being an abnormally when we made it back to the Grey Cup and our only winning season since 2007)

So just as the Mike Kelly 7 - 11 record marked the beginning of the trend of a bunch of bad years, hopefully this year's 7 -11 record marks the beginning of a trend of better and good years.

A better comparison would be Doug Berry taking the 2006 Bombers to 9-9. The 2005 team was putrid defensively. We had possibly the worst defense of all time that year.

and he did that with most of guys that were on the 2005 team especially in the secondary was not that much turn over.

A better comparison would be Doug Berry taking the 2006 Bombers to 9-9. The 2005 team was putrid defensively. We had possibly the worst defense of all time that year.

In truth, sure, I happened to bring up Dave Ritchie though because the Ritchie years started off much like this year did.  Reinebold and the regime in charge of those years had pretty much emptied the cupboard on him and he had to go through the process of restocking it.  Like I said, the wins for Ritchie didn't all just come right away, but it could be seen the team was getting better and eventually we did become the number 1s in the West.

My biggest hope is that the days of egomaniacs running this team are over.  So far, I don't see any scapegoating taking place and that's a good sign.  Best way to fixing problems is everyone owing up to them, and so far I think we've seen the team do a good job of that.

IMO, the '06 team was one of our most underrated teams.  

If we don't give away the East semi to Toronto in the second half, I wouldn't be surprised if we were to take down Montreal considering how they played the second half of the year. Started 7-0, ended at 10-8.

oh there was no possibly about it. They were some kinda special bad.

You know it was bad when the defensive coordinator basically tosses in the towel because of the head coach and his meddling .. it was a defense that lacked *ANY* clear direction .. identity .. or fight.

We don't go 11-7 with a different DC, as long as we still have that oline, were no better than 9-9 to 10-8 at the very best.

7-11 and competitive in most of the games on the year.... if we'd put that as an option at the start of the year people would have absolutely taken it. Disappointing to miss the playoffs but this season was a big step forward for this team. Make some good moves in the offseason and .500 or better should absolutely be attainable next year.

Considering (in my opinion anyway) that if Cotton plays the whole season we're likely 9-9, I'd say it's certainly attainable.

Yep, Cotton all season = 9-9.

Any DC other than Etch = 11-7.

We don't go 11-7 with a different DC, as long as we still have that oline, were no better than 9-9 to 10-8 at the very best.

7-11 and competitive in most of the games on the year.... if we'd put that as an option at the start of the year people would have absolutely taken it. Disappointing to miss the playoffs but this season was a big step forward for this team. Make some good moves in the offseason and .500 or better should absolutely be attainable next year.

Considering (in my opinion anyway) that if Cotton plays the whole season we're likely 9-9, I'd say it's certainly attainable.

You trying to say something Nolby?  You know you can just edit your post right?