O'Shea heated in CJOB post game interview

Mr. Perfect

For those that may not have seen it on Twitter, after the Lirim blocked punt Keith McCullough tweeted: "O'Shea puts blame on Hajrullahu on blocked punt. Tell him he has to get rid of it quickly on low snap." The tweet has since been deleted but that didn't spare him from the wrath of O'Shea. For those who have been critical of O'Shea's demenour in interviews, I HIGHLY suggest you listen to this. Go to the audiovault on CJOB, click 9 PM and have a listen. He also has some words for Kim Murphy as well regarding the contacting the kicker penalty.

After the block was brought up by Bob Irving who asked if Lirim did not get the ball off fast enough, O'Shea said: "No but apparently one of your reporters reported that. If he ever knew anything about football, maybe him and I could have a chat. If he knows anything about me I never BLAME players. That word BLAME doesn't exist in our locker room. It's very frustrating to hear somebody say that because they don't understand the protection, they don't understand the whole operation. As I look at it on film I'll know exactly what happened and no one else because I don't blame people."

He went further into the comment saying he'd "get to the bottom" of how the comment came to be. Needless to say, the boss is angry.

I'm still pissed at the contacting the kicker penalty.  But then again we don't wear green jerseys so the refs wont look the other way.  Total bullshit call as the contact if any was minimal and secondly he was directed in to the kicker by one of the personal protectors.    . 

Boss should be angry that he doesn't have a long snapper 5 weeks after he should of signed one.....

Boss should be angry that his guys are taking STUPID penalties when the refs clearly are nitpicking against the Blue....

Boss should be angry that his O Coordinator calls a very bad game and has moments of success only for him to then call horrible red zone plays....

Boss should be angry that the O-line situation is this bad....

Boss should be angry that he doesn't have control of his team right now .....

Think he's pissed because people around these parts like to assume things, especially the media. As for being pissed at the refs, i can't blame the guy.. i'd be pissed too and i am pissed at the refs, they are basically ruining games. It's about time a coach had the balls to tell the media where to go basically. Wish more people in this city would do that. 

Boss should be angry that he doesn't have a long snapper 5 weeks after he should of signed one.....

Boss should be angry that his guys are taking STUPID penalties when the refs clearly are nitpicking against the Blue....

Boss should be angry that his O Coordinator calls a very bad game and has moments of success only for him to then call horrible red zone plays....

Boss should be angry that the O-line situation is this bad....

Boss should be angry that he doesn't have control of his team right now .....

refs shouldnt be nitpicking any team, but they are.

Its not just incompetence.

I heard the interview. Never heard O'Shea talk like that before. He's pissed. Pressure of losing is getting to him.

I wonder how news of that tweet got to him so quickly? Maybe Darren Cameron briefs him on that?

I don't think the pressure is getting to him. If I was him, and if someone in the media puts out there that I said something I never said, I'd be angry as well.

I heard the interview. Never heard O'Shea talk like that before. He's pissed. Pressure of losing is getting to him.

I wonder how news of that tweet got to him so quickly? Maybe Darren Cameron briefs him on that?

I don't think the pressure is getting to him. If I was him, and if someone in the media puts out there that I said something I never said, I'd be angry as well.

and since the tweet was deleted, pretty much tells me the media guy was WRONG.  

Exactly. The fact that he wasn't willing to stand by his comments says all that needs to be said.

Have come to a conclusion that the reason for all these low scoring games this year... hell another one in the calgary bc game.... is simple.

It's because after a big play normally for the offence, the refs throw a flag.. pretty hard for an offence to gain some consistency or momentum if you will if they are being flagged every other play. Refs are very flag happy this year, calling way more penalties than they have in the past. It's a problem. Gotta let the teams play. 

MOS has said basically since day 1 that he doesn't  blame players in the media and never will. Says he doesn't see the point in it, neither do I really. He did say though that what he does do is make them being accountable to their team mates, shows their mistakes or bad penalties to the entire team. It's the right approach.  You would think since it's been repeated so many times, pretty much every press conference, that our local media would get it by now. With the Jets starting to play soon, pretty soon the media will be doing the same to them, maybe being a little nicer though. Not sure what the medias issue is with the bombers, maybe they don't like that they have to work now to get a story, or something but...  wait till the Jets start, you will have media kissing their ass one game and crapping on them the next.. Evander Kane will get a haircut or Ladd will miss a game to see the birth of his child and the media will jump on it. 

Our media sucks and is a huge problem here, more than some people care to admit. 

Think he's pissed because people around these parts like to assume things, especially the media. As for being pissed at the refs, i can't blame the guy.. i'd be pissed too and i am pissed at the refs, they are basically ruining games. It's about time a coach had the balls to tell the media where to go basically. Wish more people in this city would do that. 

Well, that contacting the kicker penalty was a bit suspect but I can't blame the official for throwing the flag. If it was Lirim getting hit like that, in the exact same way and circumstance, I'd have wanted a flag for it, so I'd be hypocritical to go against the call. 

But we have been screwed over royally by the Officials yet again this year. It's a real momentum killer when other teams get a call and we don't. Especially when we play the Riders.  

Special Teams let us down again its a recurring theme... Blocked Punt and contacting the Kicker cost us points... While I agree it wasn't a penalty on 2 levels the player was blocked in and the kickers foot was on the ground ( as well the Kicker is a good actor..)  You have to ask yourself why when kicking into the wind knowing are are getting the ball in a good position why wouldn't a good special teams co-ordinator stress DON'T GO NEAR THE KICKER on that play there was no need to take the chance of a penalty when we would be getting the ball on the 40-50 yard line ?

Have come to a conclusion that the reason for all these low scoring games this year... hell another one in the calgary bc game.... is simple.

It's because after a big play normally for the offence, the refs throw a flag.. pretty hard for an offence to gain some consistency or momentum if you will if they are being flagged every other play. Refs are very flag happy this year, calling way more penalties than they have in the past. It's a problem. Gotta let the teams play. 

I have never seen anything like it. The refs are killing the game & killing the league. Mark Cohon with his phony smile & the rest of the CFL BOG's have to buy a clue. And stop this. 

Exactly. The fact that he wasn't willing to stand by his comments says all that needs to be said.

Actually the other part of the bit with O'Shea was how Bob sounded in response to O'Shea being angry at the situation, I suspect someone got a talking to about biting the hand that feeds. 

I noticed that in Edmonton v. Sask.  Several  big plays by Edmonton, taken back by calls, one a hold half the width of the field away from the actual run. It does ruin the fun of watching the game. These referees don't understand, we aren't watching the game to see them throw flags, and have meetings on national TV. 

I noticed that in Edmonton v. Sask.  Several  big plays by Edmonton, taken back by calls, one a hold half the width of the field away from the actual run. It does ruin the fun of watching the game. These referees don't understand, we aren't watching the game to see them throw flags, and have meetings on national TV. 

Unless Sk is playing Winnipeg and Sk is doing the Holding. They can do it (hold) right in open field, twice resulting in TD's (Ian Wild in the labour day game, and Pointbriand on Dressler's punt return for a TD in the Banjo Bowl) with no call. I've said it many times and I keep getting flack for it, but facts are facts. The CFL is a minor league league, 2nd tier - the AHL (or even ECHL) of football. And it's not just the players, coaching or size of crowds (in some stadiums - or lack thereof eh Hamilton?) but because of the officiating. Too much 'biased' officiating. The worst was Murray Clarke - whom I hope was fired. A few years back Buck Pierce was hit late (a good 1 second after he threw the ball) and was hit in the head, Clarke was looking right at it (one replay actually showed it) no flag. But the bombers, in the same game, hit the QB just as he released the ball, it was a high hit but not as high as the two Pierce hits, and certainly not late, and Clarke's hand was a blur getting that flag out of his pocket. Double standard proven time and time again. BUSH league

Well, that contacting the kicker penalty was a bit suspect but I can't blame the official for throwing the flag. If it was Lirim getting hit like that, in the exact same way and circumstance, I'd have wanted a flag for it, so I'd be hypocritical to go against the call. 

But we have been screwed over royally by the Officials yet again this year. It's a real momentum killer when other teams get a call and we don't. Especially when we play the Riders.  

Then why didn't they call a worse contacting the kicker when we played Sask the last game?