Drew Willy injury

gbill2004

I liked what I saw from Marve in the preseason, and always thought he should have been #2...  would be nice to see them split #1 reps over the next couple weeks.  Brohm already said he's heading home this week.  If Marve sticks back and busts his ass, I can see him supplanting Brohm.

Either way... at least the injury happened going in to the bye week.   We SHOULD be able to beat Hamilton at home and keep pace for the last playoff spot!

Brohm heading home? After the injury to Willy & the way he played? That tells me all I need to know. To be a starting qb in the CFL takes sacrifce. And if a player isn't willing to do that, well?? I know it's tough to be away from family but the season ends in less than 2 months & Brohm has 6 months to be with them then. I think that is the wrong decision.

Don't forget the players made plans three weeks back for this bye week and most likely paid for tickets etc. I doubt it's last night that he decided to go home.

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 22s

For the record, when I asked Mike O'Shea last night if he thought Drew Willy's injury was serious, he said: "No." #Bombers

Was he smiling?

Honestly, wouldn't O'shea no more than fans on a message board constantly speculating? O'shea didn't think it was serious, until proven otherwise, why would he say he thought it was. Going on what he knew at the time, I'm sure he believes that and maybe he's right, For all anybody knows, Willy could be back next game. Why not wait until the info comes out instead of making somewhat snide remarks towards our coach. 

Maybe O'Shea decided that the game was a lost cause and chose to keep Willy out just in case another hit would have really racked Willy up. It was pretty obvious who was going to win, so why the heck not exercise caution?

Game definitely wasn't over when Willy got injured.

For some of these guys, the game is over after the first run of  10 yards...

Riders desperately missed Durant today. I have a feeling if Willy is out against Hamilton they will do the same to us. I know we get a week off finally but I just don't feel confident with Brohm behind centre. I have a feeling we get one maybe two more win this year. Hate being the Debbie downer but with out Willy we don't have much. Now 7-8 wins is still way better then last year and we should be happy with the progress.

If Willys injury is bad (collarbone or shoulder) they shouldn't try and rush him back in. I'd rather a healthy Willy to start next season over the chance of making it worse. I think BC rushed lulay back too soon and he could be done for ever. Just my opinion.

They didn't really rush Lulay back though.  They traded a first round draft pick for Kevin Glenn and he played pretty much half the season before they put Lulay back in.  There was no real reason to rush him back if he wasn't ready.

I think Lulay was done the day he got injured.  Sometimes the body just isn't the same.  Lets hope Willy can recover from whatever happened to him.

I liked what I saw from Marve in the preseason, and always thought he should have been #2...  would be nice to see them split #1 reps over the next couple weeks.  Brohm already said he's heading home this week.  If Marve sticks back and busts his ass, I can see him supplanting Brohm.

Either way... at least the injury happened going in to the bye week.   We SHOULD be able to beat Hamilton at home and keep pace for the last playoff spot!

Brohm heading home? After the injury to Willy & the way he played? That tells me all I need to know. To be a starting qb in the CFL takes sacrifce. And if a player isn't willing to do that, well?? I know it's tough to be away from family but the season ends in less than 2 months & Brohm has 6 months to be with them then. I think that is the wrong decision.

Don't forget the players made plans three weeks back for this bye week and most likely paid for tickets etc. I doubt it's last night that he decided to go home.

Good comment made by Doug Brown after the game.  He said that if Dave Rictchie was the coach of this team, bye-week would be officially cancelled with Willy's injury.  The team has two weeks to prepare for their next game and they will need every practice opportunity possible to get Brohm up to speed asap.  Blowing off a week of preparation time on player's vacations is a missed opportunity for Brohm and the offence to get on the same page.  Two on-field practices in the week before Hamilton is just not enough to get Brohm in sync.

I  agree whole heartedly with DB's analysis.

Good comment made by Doug Brown after the game.  He said that if Dave Rictchie was the coach of this team, bye-week would be officially cancelled with Willy's injury.  The team has two weeks to prepare for their next game and they will need every practice opportunity possible to get Brohm up to speed asap.  Blowing off a week of preparation time on player's vacations is a missed opportunity for Brohm and the offence to get on the same page.  Two on-field practices in the week before Hamilton is just not enough to get Brohm in sync.

Unfortunately for us, it is that kind of mentality over the years that led players to leave or not sign with the Bombers. They are taking the right approach.in giving the guys the bye week to go home and recharge and rejuvenate. All keeping them here would do is piss them off.

Unfortunately for us, it is that kind of mentality over the years that led players to leave or not sign with the Bombers. They are taking the right approach.in giving the guys the bye week to go home and recharge and rejuvenate. All keeping them here would do is piss them off.

That makes no sense considering we practically always give guys the bye week...

You cant really cancel vacation for that many players who are all essentially only here football... Families, friends, less stress, home cooking... These are all things that help heal injuries and psyche...

Brown, a guy who built his home here i believe, could afford to have practice cancelled.. Guys like leggett and randle need a break..

How many guys in a ritchie era made winnipeg their home versus the roster now...

Apples n oranges folks.