Drew Willy injury

gbill2004

Lets hope its just a bruise- Willy wasn't in a sling, so maybe we'll get lucky. If he isn't badly injured, that doesn't solve the real problems- crappy D and O-line, poor line-backing, and below-par import receivers.

Yep, the fact that he wasn't in a sling is promising. 

And if that comes to pass that Willy isn't badly hurt, that will be the only good thing to come out of this game.

Brohm had no help though, the oline started sucking and a couple receivers flat out missed a catch or 2, watson for sure. I can't blame Brohm, coming in cold like that with zero reps at all this season, dudes thrown 1 pass, he looked good that first drive or 2 even, moved the ball but after the "flea flicker" things got a little ridiculous. Play calling was suspect for a qb without any real reps this season. 

Willy probably has a separated shoulder, could swear they popped it back in place on the bench, if it was anything worse, he probably wouldn't have been out there in street clothes the entire second half, i'm thinking separated or bruised

Doubt it's the collarbone, they would have immediately went for x-rays and his arm would have been immobilized in a sling against his chest.  When they showed him at the end of the game his right arm was at his side and he was moving it.

Not necessarily. Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone last season and was on the sideline in the second half of the game that it happened without a sling, as well as the remaining weeks after until it was healed.

Willy hurt himself on that play, my parents and gf were like damn bc player landed on him but while that may be true, it was his right shoulder and that was the shoulder that got injured, the shoulder that he landed on going down on his own to avoid the big hit.  The turf monster got him, got a few bc players tonight too. 

Willy hurt himself on that play, my parents and gf were like damn bc player landed on him but while that may be true, it was his right shoulder and that was the shoulder that got injured, the shoulder that he landed on going down on his own to avoid the big hit.  The turf monster got him, got a few bc players tonight too. 

Willy pushed it tonight, I believe that was about the 4th time in the game that he decided he was going to take off and gain yards himself.  With Solly and Bighill roaming wild that was a poor strategy and everyone had to know the price was going to be paid in blood at some point.  The clock was ticking down on the half and no points could have been scored so it was all the more unwise to risk injury. 

O'Shea or Marcel should have told him to stop with the running and save it for later in the game if needed.  Hope to god it wasn't Buck on the other end of the headset advising him what to do!

Willy pushed it tonight, I believe that was about the 4th time in the game that he decided he was going to take off and gain yards himself.  With Solly and Bighill roaming wild that was a poor strategy and everyone had to know the price was going to be paid in blood at some point.  The clock was ticking down on the half and no points could have been scored so it was all the more unwise to risk injury. 

O'Shea or Marcel should have told him to stop with the running and save it for later in the game if needed.  Hope to god it wasn't Buck on the other end of the headset advising him what to do!

Willy was running because that's what was available to him. You can't tell him not to run if there are yards to be gained. Injuries are a part of the game and they can happen inside or out of the pocket. If you want to be critical of anything, be critical of the fact that given the time left that we simply didn't take the knee and took our chances in the second half - And that's not on Willy.