Durant to miss remainder of season

Mr. Perfect

We had the Manitoba Moose, did All of the rural Manitobans line up for tickets?

Call your team whatever you want. Reality is there is a significant number of rural Manitobans that cheer for the Riders. To be fair, when the Riders sucked in the 80s and the Bombers were winning a lot there was a lot of Eastern Rural Saskatchewanites who were cheering for the Bombers.

Cute.. migs shows up then calls for douchebag reinforcements... Riddle me this rudder fans... if there is SOOOOOOO much to do in rudderland, why do soooooooo freakin many priders sit on the interwebs all day to rise up and defend saskatchetoon, the rudders, regina and everything else green? Between forums and facebook, the entire ****** contigent of rider nation is online like 24 7

That's an odd post. Aren't you using the I internet to defend Winnipeg?

Truth is, Sask & Manitoba are like KitKats & Wonderbars, both great treats just different tastes. Given what's going on around the world we are all pretty lucky to live where we do.

So when do we ban the douchee Rider fans for running their mouths?

The **** is wrong with you?

When you get older you'll understand that some people aren't happy unless they are calling others done. It's an inferiority complex on their part. Don't take it personal.

Cute.. migs shows up then calls for douchebag reinforcements... Riddle me this rudder fans... if there is SOOOOOOO much to do in rudderland, why do soooooooo freakin many priders sit on the interwebs all day to rise up and defend saskatchetoon, the rudders, regina and everything else green? Between forums and facebook, the entire ****** contigent of rider nation is online like 24 7

I don't get this. You talking about us or about other Rider fans coming here?

I don't get this. You talking about us or about other Rider fans coming here?

Who cares?

I'm getting tired of all this **** and it's not just the Rider fans.

You guys are supposed to be able to moderate yourselves.

Figure it out.

+ 1.

I know we all like to plant a flag in the ground and defend 'our turf' but fans of all stripes are welcome here and good posting guidelines apply to everyone .. be respectful .. be opinionated .. hell .. take shots at one another .. but keep it above board and don't sink into petty bickering .. nobody is going to like it if moderators step in start reigning people in.

Figure it out.

+ 1.

I know we all like to plant a flag in the ground and defend 'our turf' but fans of all stripes are welcome here and good posting guidelines apply to everyone .. be respectful .. be opinionated .. hell .. take shots at one another .. but keep it above board and don't sink into petty bickering .. nobody is going to like it if moderators step in start reigning people in.

Yeah droves of rider fans showing up in the midst of 3 games in a month against them basically taking over every thread and then trying to so desperately be accepted... it's annoying as all hell. They'd do well to keep themselves out of the mainstream so much. I can't wait until they get bored or Sunseri keeps shitting his pants and they lose a few more games, that'll quiet them down. 

Figure it out.

+ 1.

Yeah droves of rider fans showing up in the midst of 3 games in a month against them basically taking over every thread and then trying to so desperately be accepted... it's annoying as all hell. They'd do well to keep themselves out of the mainstream so much. I can't wait until they get bored or Sunseri keeps shitting his pants and they lose a few more games, that'll quiet them down. 

I came on before the season even started. Which was mainly because I was looking for KtpKrunch (aka OilyJetsfan).

So when do we ban the douchee Rider fans for running their mouths?

The **** is wrong with you?

Call it annoyance at an influx of Riderfans taking over every post and dumping on my team and province.

However I have to comment on something Migs said, absolutely correct. We are all lucky to live where we do.

I despise the riders.. And i despise a certain segment of their fanbase..

I also have a very strong dislike for the province and Regina in general.. Bunk city with no oomph! So dreary and boring.. its essentially brandon in saskatchewan..

As a proud Brandonite and diehard Bomber fan, I'm sure you'll understand why I take issue with the above statement. Just because it's the "Winnipeg Blue Bombers" doesn't mean there aren't Bomber fans outside the Perimeter Hwy in Manitoba. You wanna slag the Riders and Saskatchewan, have at it. Leave my city out of it.
As a former brandonite, i will gladly say brandon was.. By far... Some of the most boring time ive spent outside of winnipeg... houstons was unbarable, every other bar was a dive or a hole in the wall, restaurants minus humptys and bp were closed at 9 or maaaaaaaaaybe 11. Other then a so so whl team and some decent university sports, what else is there? Sorry man, i tried to love brandon, i really did..
No need to apologize to me. I can't change what your experience was like living in Brandon, but if your only criteria for judging your time here is Houstons, how late restaurants are open and the BU Bobcats I would say you missed out a little while you were here. But to each their own.

I lived in Winnipeg for 12 years and enjoyed my time there for the most part, mainly because of the friends I made and the experiences I had there, not because of the Forks or the Goldeyes or the dance bars or the Ballet. Hell if I have the urge for RWB or the WSO I'm only 2 hours away. Simple fact is Brandon is around 50,000 people, Winnipeg is 700,000. The main difference is variety or more of the same things. Winnipeg may have 50 chinese restaurants, Brandon might have 5. All that means is I have a few less takeout menus to sort through, still get a damn good meal. And I will put Little Italy pizza up against any pizza joint in Winnipeg!

People from Toronto or Vancouver say the same things about Winnipeg that you say about Brandon or Regina. You happen to be in a bigger city than me. Is there more to do in Winnipeg than Brandon? For the most part yes. That doesn't make Winnipeg better, just bigger.

My rambling aside, I think the main reason I took issue with your post is that being a Bomber fan in Brandon isn't easy. There are more Rider fans here than Bombers fans, and it's not like they're all ex-pats from the Rectangle. A lot of them choose green because they hate Winnipeg and its perceived arrogance to the rest of the province. Cheering for the Riders becomes easy for them. It's a normal reaction I know, hating the big guy on the block (much like most of Ontario hating Toronto). But there is a lot of Blue and Gold here too, and we don't need Winnipeggers bashing us. We get enough of that from our Rider neighbours. You used to live here so I figure you would appreciate that point of view.

And a so so whl team? Brandon's only missed the playoffs twice in the past 20 odd years. The Bombers and Jets wish they were as so so. :D

Different strokes for different folks... All family and friends lived in wpg... met some cool people but in the end I simply couldnt wait to leave... Its weird tho how many rider fans live there... especially considering crocus has a freakin football team... You would think next to nfl dreams, being a bomber and not a rider is what kids should aspire to..
There's actually three high school football teams here.  And yes there is a lot of passion for football in Brandon.  But the amount of Rider fans here goes back to the points I made in my last response.  Some expats living here combined with proximity to Sask and disdain for Winnipeg means a lot of Green here.  Also doesn't help that for the past ten years the Riders have been much better than the Bombers so the casual and younger fans gravitate to the more successful team.

When I was a kid my Mom, who wasn't much of a football fan, cheered for the Riders.  When I would ask her why she would say she liked how the Riders included the entire province, unlike the Bombers who mainly focused on Winnipeg itself.  That is also a factor with some fans who I have spoken with over the years.  Now I don't necessarily fault the Bombers for this.  After all they are the Winnipeg Blue Bombers not the Manitoba Blue Bombers.  And to their credit the Bombers do attempt to reach out to the rest of province every now and then (Players visiting schools in the Province, the stop in Brandon on the way to Labour Day, selling merch and tickets through Co-op, training camp in Brandon years ago, etc).  But when we all see what the Riders do to include their province in the team and how they merch everything and everyone, it does sway people even here in Westman.  

Although I have yet to see Weston Dressler and Chris Getzlaf visiting Brandon schools.  Thank god  :lol: .

So many Winnipeggers trash talk Brandon that isn't even funny. You'll never hear that crap coming out of my mouth.

I've heard Brandon get trash talked by Sask folk plenty of times too.  Mainly due to the constant whuppings the Wheat Kings hand out to your WHL teams.  :P

Why do rural folks get all worked up about whether the Blue Bombers or Jets have the name Winnipeg in front of it? You don't hear that in Alberta where we have the Edmonton Oilers, Edmonton Eskimos, Calgary Flames & Calgary Stampeders. The BC Lions play in front of a half empty stadium every game. Where's the influx of rural football fans there? It's the Lions of BC. It's supposed to be their team, too. You're either a fan or you're not. 

Why do rural folks get all worked up about whether the Blue Bombers or Jets have the name Winnipeg in front of it? You don't hear that in Alberta where we have the Edmonton Oilers, Edmonton Eskimos, Calgary Flames & Calgary Stampeders. The BC Lions play in front of a half empty stadium every game. Where's the influx of rural football fans there? It's the Lions of BC. It's supposed to be their team, too. You're either a fan or you're not. 

Never bothered me at all that the Bombers and Jets are named from Winnipeg.  I prefer it that a professional team located in a good sized city take that city's name.  It's your home base and where the majority of your support, both financiaI and personnel, are located.   However teams like the RIders that are in a smaller city and draw from a larger area I have no problem with naming themselves after the province or region they represent.  A couple of other examples like the New England Patriots or Carolina Panthers is cool too since they seem to encompass their respective regions.  I'm not a fan of the B.C Lions name since they only really seem to draw from the greater Vancouver area, but it's tradition so whatever.  Maybe a B.C poster could correct me on my assumption here?

I would venture the theory that the rural folk in Manitoba bothered by it are the same ones that already dislike Winnipeg to begin with and use it as one more reason to slag the "big uncaring city".  The whole "Country/small town vs Big City" debate is neverending out here.

The Bombers simply haven't done a great job in promoting their brand throughout Manitoba. Maybe it is something to do with the name because both BC and Saskatchewan draw fans and support from large geographic areas.

The Bombers simply haven't done a great job in promoting their brand throughout Manitoba. Maybe it is something to do with the name because both BC and Saskatchewan draw fans and support from large geographic areas.

The Bombers could learn from the Riders in this respect- the Riders have a well thought-out and effective network of Rider Reps outside of Regina to promote the team and even help arrange car-pooling to games.