Durant to miss remainder of season

Mr. Perfect

I despise the riders.. And i despise a certain segment of their fanbase..

I also have a very strong dislike for the province and Regina in general.. Bunk city with no oomph! So dreary and boring.. its essentially brandon in saskatchewan..

Kind of like a small Winnipeg without all the potted plant crappers eh?

;)

Haha we have an nhl team
Just what we need, a less then adequate NHL team. What's next, are you going to wish the Leafs on us?
We are also a short drive from cottage country. We are close enough to vist mlb or nfl on a weekend and I'm pretty sure the building I live in is taller than anything in regina's 'downtown'

After visiting regina for the last 3 years I'm shocked anyone can live there. It's painfully obvious the riders are the only thing to do there.

You do realize that the Riders draw from more then Regina?

It's a little known fact that everyone growing up in Saskatchewan longs to live in the sophisticated urban paradise that is Winnipeg. ( where is the sarcasm smiley)

Anyway, I am sure you are quite happy there so good for you.

I know that. It is literally the only thing to do in sask.

Winnipeg isn't that sophisticated but sure seems that way compared to combine land.

Yep. Nothing to do in Saskatchewan. No families to raise, no jobs to go to, nothing to do. Give your head a shake and maybe think before you post for a change.

Haha working and having a family isn't something to do. You can make a baby and work a job basically anywhere. Thats like boasting a place has a grocery store or gas station.

What's to boast? I've been to Winnipeg. It's okay but sorry it's not like you live in New York City or something. When I was still living in Saskatchewan I had a cabin at the lake and all the cash to do whatever I wanted. Fly to Calgary or Edmonton for an NHL game? No big deal. Also not something I'd care to be doing all the time anyway. I'm not going to diss Winnipeg other then to say I've been there and there is nothing there that really interests me more then the multitude of other places I've lived or visited. Again, it's your home and you find it super awesome so cool.

I also have a very strong dislike for the province and Regina in general.. Bunk city with no oomph! So dreary and boring.. its essentially brandon in saskatchewan..

;)

Haha we have an nhl team
Just what we need, a less then adequate NHL team. What's next, are you going to wish the Leafs on us?
We are also a short drive from cottage country. We are close enough to vist mlb or nfl on a weekend and I'm pretty sure the building I live in is taller than anything in regina's 'downtown'

After visiting regina for the last 3 years I'm shocked anyone can live there. It's painfully obvious the riders are the only thing to do there.

It's a little known fact that everyone growing up in Saskatchewan longs to live in the sophisticated urban paradise that is Winnipeg. ( where is the sarcasm smiley)

Not many who grew up in Saskatchewan would know what they are missing out on. That's OK. Nothing wrong with being blissfully ignorant unless, of course, you try to suggest that Saskatchewan has more to offer than anywhere else because that is just patently stupid.

Kind of like a small Winnipeg without all the potted plant crappers eh? ;)
Haha we have an nhl team

You do realize that the Riders draw from more then Regina?It's a little known fact that everyone growing up in Saskatchewan longs to live in the sophisticated urban paradise that is Winnipeg. ( where is the sarcasm smiley)

Not many who grew up in Saskatchewan would know what they are missing out on. That's OK. Nothing wrong with being blissfully ignorant unless, of course, you try to suggest that Saskatchewan has more to offer than anywhere else because that is just patently stupid.

Yes because we never travel anywhere. My point isn't that Winnipeg is bad but simply for most people it isn't some great place where they seek to relocate to.

Better not kid yourselves, Winnipeg is more important than anything in SASK. Gateway to the West and all, The Forks, The CMHR, we got lots of stuff here, we are a small city that was supposed to be big, they call us Chicago Jr and if anyone has ever been to Chicago, been there once and then go to the Exchange District in Downtown ish Winnipeg, you can see the similarities in the architecture and things like that. Regina? Man, it's tiny, it's basically Brandon with more people and a football team, But besides that... What does Regina have? Maybe the better Comparison is Winnipeg to Saskatoon but even then, Winnipeg is more important to Canada lol. It just is, This isn't blind homerism because I'm from the 204, it's because it's just true, In the big picture, Winnipeg is more important than any city in SASK. We matter more. We have more people, we have bigger buildings, we have more known landmarks, we have one of the most if not the most diverse population in Canada, largest french population outside of QUEBEC is St Boniface... we have more to do here too. World class zoo and museums and pro sports teams, we got a real pro sports team, CFL is great but NHL is the big time, when we got our NHL team back, we became a major league city.. It is what it is. 

;)

Haha we have an nhl team

I know that. It is literally the only thing to do in sask.

Winnipeg isn't that sophisticated but sure seems that way compared to combine land.

Lots to do in Regina, parks, festivals, theatre, museums, galleries, sports, etc. Add to that a booming economy, what's not to like?

http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com

Fact is both Winnipeg & Regina are fun towns. Not sure why there is so much hate. Hate for Quebec however, I get that. ;)

Better not kid yourselves, Winnipeg is more important than anything in SASK. Gateway to the West and all, The Forks, The CMHR, we got lots of stuff here, we are a small city that was supposed to be big, they call us Chicago Jr and if anyone has ever been to Chicago, been there once and then go to the Exchange District in Downtown ish Winnipeg, you can see the similarities in the architecture and things like that. Regina? Man, it's tiny, it's basically Brandon with more people and a football team, But besides that... What does Regina have? Maybe the better Comparison is Winnipeg to Saskatoon but even then, Winnipeg is more important to Canada lol. It just is, This isn't blind homerism because I'm from the 204, it's because it's just true, In the big picture, Winnipeg is more important than any city in SASK. We matter more. We have more people, we have bigger buildings, we have more known landmarks, we have one of the most if not the most diverse population in Canada, largest french population outside of QUEBEC is St Boniface... we have more to do here too. World class zoo and museums and pro sports teams, we got a real pro sports team, CFL is great but NHL is the big time, when we got our NHL team back, we became a major league city.. It is what it is. 

So how do you gauge "more important to Canada?" Saskatchewan is ahead of Manitoba in every economic indicator that I could find. Just what is the big driver of the economy over there? Over 60% of the Man. population live in that dump. Why is that? The CMHR Museum? It has to be the most racist place in the country from everything I've read. "We are a small city that was supposed to be big." What happened there? Your time has passed a long ago. But keep living in the past, that's what you all are good at. And as for the N.H.L.... "IF" we want to go to a game, we'll travel to a real city with a real team. N.H.L. is for schmucks anyway, afaic.   1990 and counting, lol.

So how do you gauge "more important to Canada?" Saskatchewan is ahead of Manitoba in every economic indicator that I could find. Just what is the big driver of the economy over there? Over 60% of the Man. population live in that dump. Why is that? The CMHR Museum? It has to be the most racist place in the country from everything I've read. "We are a small city that was supposed to be big." What happened there? Your time has passed a long ago. But keep living in the past, that's what you all are good at. And as for the N.H.L.... "IF" we want to go to a game, we'll travel to a real city with a real team. N.H.L. is for schmucks anyway, afaic.   1990 and counting, lol.

If it's the most racist place in the country from everything you've read, do you mind putting up some links? That's a pretty heavy accusation to throw around without some facts to back it up.

Cute.. migs shows up then calls for douchebag reinforcements... Riddle me this rudder fans... if there is SOOOOOOO much to do in rudderland, why do soooooooo freakin many priders sit on the interwebs all day to rise up and defend saskatchetoon, the rudders, regina and everything else green? Between forums and facebook, the entire ****** contigent of rider nation is online like 24 7

As a proud Brandonite and diehard Bomber fan, I'm sure you'll understand why I take issue with the above statement.  Just because it's the "Winnipeg Blue Bombers" doesn't mean there aren't Bomber fans outside the Perimeter Hwy in Manitoba.  You wanna slag the Riders and Saskatchewan, have at it.  Leave my city out of it.

when comparing cities that is irrelevant. Just based on the sheer size difference the ecomonic footprint of Winnipeg is going to be bigger than Regina or any other Saskatchewan city.

As a proud Brandonite and diehard Bomber fan, I'm sure you'll understand why I take issue with the above statement. Just because it's the "Winnipeg Blue Bombers" doesn't mean there aren't Bomber fans outside the Perimeter Hwy in Manitoba. You wanna slag the Riders and Saskatchewan, have at it. Leave my city out of it.

As a former brandonite, i will gladly say brandon was.. By far... Some of the most boring time ive spent outside of winnipeg... houstons was unbarable, every other bar was a dive or a hole in the wall, restaurants minus humptys and bp were closed at 9 or maaaaaaaaaybe 11. Other then a so so whl team and some decent university sports, what else is there? Sorry man, i tried to love brandon, i really did..

As a proud Brandonite and diehard Bomber fan, I'm sure you'll understand why I take issue with the above statement. Just because it's the "Winnipeg Blue Bombers" doesn't mean there aren't Bomber fans outside the Perimeter Hwy in Manitoba. You wanna slag the Riders and Saskatchewan, have at it. Leave my city out of it.

As a former brandonite, i will gladly say brandon was.. By far... Some of the most boring time ive spent outside of winnipeg... houstons was unbarable, every other bar was a dive or a hole in the wall, restaurants minus humptys and bp were closed at 9 or maaaaaaaaaybe 11. Other then a so so whl team and some decent university sports, what else is there? Sorry man, i tried to love brandon, i really did..

I had to go out to Brandon for a few years for school and initially I wasn't happy about it at all, but I ended up having a good time. I Liked the old Railway era downtown area, found a few decent breakfast places, and the Crystal Hotel bar was my favorite (it is a dive, but that's usually what I'm after). The people were pretty friendly and the hunting was pretty good. Houston's was unbearable though, I'll give you that.

No need to apologize to me.  I can't change what your experience was like living in Brandon, but if your only criteria for judging your time here is Houstons, how late restaurants are open and the BU Bobcats I would say you missed out a little while you were here.  But to each their own.  

I lived in Winnipeg for 12 years and enjoyed my time there for the most part, mainly because of the friends I made and the experiences I had there, not because of the Forks or the Goldeyes or the dance bars or the Ballet.  Hell if I have the urge for RWB or the WSO I'm only 2 hours away.  Simple fact is Brandon is around 50,000 people, Winnipeg is 700,000.  The main difference is variety or more of the same things. Winnipeg may have 50 chinese restaurants, Brandon might have 5.  All that means is I have a few less takeout menus to sort through, still get a damn good meal.  And I will put Little Italy pizza up against any pizza joint in Winnipeg!

People from Toronto or Vancouver say the same things about Winnipeg that you say about Brandon or Regina.  You happen to be in a bigger city than me.  Is there more to do in Winnipeg than Brandon?  For the most part yes.  That doesn't make Winnipeg better, just bigger.

My rambling aside, I think the main reason I took issue with your post is that being a Bomber fan in Brandon isn't easy.  There are more Rider fans here than Bombers fans, and it's not like they're all ex-pats from the Rectangle.  A lot of them choose green because they hate Winnipeg and its perceived arrogance to the rest of the province. Cheering for the Riders becomes easy for them.  It's a normal reaction I know, hating the big guy on the block (much like most of Ontario hating Toronto).  But there is a lot of Blue and Gold here too, and we don't need Winnipeggers bashing us.  We get enough of that from our Rider neighbours.  You used to live here so I figure you would appreciate that point of view.

And a so so whl team?  Brandon's only missed the playoffs twice in the past 20 odd years.  The Bombers and Jets wish they were as so so.  :D

No need to apologize to me. I can't change what your experience was like living in Brandon, but if your only criteria for judging your time here is Houstons, how late restaurants are open and the BU Bobcats I would say you missed out a little while you were here. But to each their own.

I lived in Winnipeg for 12 years and enjoyed my time there for the most part, mainly because of the friends I made and the experiences I had there, not because of the Forks or the Goldeyes or the dance bars or the Ballet. Hell if I have the urge for RWB or the WSO I'm only 2 hours away. Simple fact is Brandon is around 50,000 people, Winnipeg is 700,000. The main difference is variety or more of the same things. Winnipeg may have 50 chinese restaurants, Brandon might have 5. All that means is I have a few less takeout menus to sort through, still get a damn good meal. And I will put Little Italy pizza up against any pizza joint in Winnipeg!

People from Toronto or Vancouver say the same things about Winnipeg that you say about Brandon or Regina. You happen to be in a bigger city than me. Is there more to do in Winnipeg than Brandon? For the most part yes. That doesn't make Winnipeg better, just bigger.

My rambling aside, I think the main reason I took issue with your post is that being a Bomber fan in Brandon isn't easy. There are more Rider fans here than Bombers fans, and it's not like they're all ex-pats from the Rectangle. A lot of them choose green because they hate Winnipeg and its perceived arrogance to the rest of the province. Cheering for the Riders becomes easy for them. It's a normal reaction I know, hating the big guy on the block (much like most of Ontario hating Toronto). But there is a lot of Blue and Gold here too, and we don't need Winnipeggers bashing us. We get enough of that from our Rider neighbours. You used to live here so I figure you would appreciate that point of view.

And a so so whl team? Brandon's only missed the playoffs twice in the past 20 odd years. The Bombers and Jets wish they were as so so. :D

Different strokes for different folks... All family and friends lived in wpg... met some cool people but in the end I simply couldnt wait to leave... Its weird tho how many rider fans live there... especially considering crocus has a freakin football team... You would think next to nfl dreams, being a bomber and not a rider is what kids should aspire to..

No need to apologize to me. I can't change what your experience was like living in Brandon, but if your only criteria for judging your time here is Houstons, how late restaurants are open and the BU Bobcats I would say you missed out a little while you were here. But to each their own.

I lived in Winnipeg for 12 years and enjoyed my time there for the most part, mainly because of the friends I made and the experiences I had there, not because of the Forks or the Goldeyes or the dance bars or the Ballet. Hell if I have the urge for RWB or the WSO I'm only 2 hours away. Simple fact is Brandon is around 50,000 people, Winnipeg is 700,000. The main difference is variety or more of the same things. Winnipeg may have 50 chinese restaurants, Brandon might have 5. All that means is I have a few less takeout menus to sort through, still get a damn good meal. And I will put Little Italy pizza up against any pizza joint in Winnipeg!

People from Toronto or Vancouver say the same things about Winnipeg that you say about Brandon or Regina. You happen to be in a bigger city than me. Is there more to do in Winnipeg than Brandon? For the most part yes. That doesn't make Winnipeg better, just bigger.

My rambling aside, I think the main reason I took issue with your post is that being a Bomber fan in Brandon isn't easy. There are more Rider fans here than Bombers fans, and it's not like they're all ex-pats from the Rectangle. A lot of them choose green because they hate Winnipeg and its perceived arrogance to the rest of the province. Cheering for the Riders becomes easy for them. It's a normal reaction I know, hating the big guy on the block (much like most of Ontario hating Toronto). But there is a lot of Blue and Gold here too, and we don't need Winnipeggers bashing us. We get enough of that from our Rider neighbours. You used to live here so I figure you would appreciate that point of view.

And a so so whl team? Brandon's only missed the playoffs twice in the past 20 odd years. The Bombers and Jets wish they were as so so. :D

Different strokes for different folks... All family and friends lived in wpg... met some cool people but in the end I simply couldnt wait to leave... Its weird tho how many rider fans live there... especially considering crocus has a freakin football team... You would think next to nfl dreams, being a bomber and not a rider is what kids should aspire to..

There's actually three high school football teams here.  And yes there is a lot of passion for football in Brandon.  But the amount of Rider fans here goes back to the points I made in my last response.  Some expats living here combined with proximity to Sask and disdain for Winnipeg means a lot of Green here.  Also doesn't help that for the past ten years the Riders have been much better than the Bombers so the casual and younger fans gravitate to the more successful team.

When I was a kid my Mom, who wasn't much of a football fan, cheered for the Riders.  When I would ask her why she would say she liked how the Riders included the entire province, unlike the Bombers who mainly focused on Winnipeg itself.  That is also a factor with some fans who I have spoken with over the years.  Now I don't necessarily fault the Bombers for this.  After all they are the Winnipeg Blue Bombers not the Manitoba Blue Bombers.  And to their credit the Bombers do attempt to reach out to the rest of province every now and then (Players visiting schools in the Province, the stop in Brandon on the way to Labour Day, selling merch and tickets through Co-op, training camp in Brandon years ago, etc).  But when we all see what the Riders do to include their province in the team and how they merch everything and everyone, it does sway people even here in Westman.  

Although I have yet to see Weston Dressler and Chris Getzlaf visiting Brandon schools.  Thank god  :lol: .

Always get a kick of of the Peg/Regina comparisons......specially when a few Rider fans characterize Regina...... as some form of the Gardens of Allah, comparatively..........

You do understand that a massive number of Rider fans have never lived in Regina right?

There's actually three high school football teams here.  And yes there is a lot of passion for football in Brandon.  But the amount of Rider fans here goes back to the points I made in my last response.  Some expats living here combined with proximity to Sask and disdain for Winnipeg means a lot of Green here.  Also doesn't help that for the past ten years the Riders have been much better than the Bombers so the casual and younger fans gravitate to the more successful team.

When I was a kid my Mom, who wasn't much of a football fan, cheered for the Riders.  When I would ask her why she would say she liked how the Riders included the entire province, unlike the Bombers who mainly focused on Winnipeg itself.  That is also a factor with some fans who I have spoken with over the years.  Now I don't necessarily fault the Bombers for this.  After all they are the Winnipeg Blue Bombers not the Manitoba Blue Bombers.  And to their credit the Bombers do attempt to reach out to the rest of province every now and then (Players visiting schools in the Province, the stop in Brandon on the way to Labour Day, selling merch and tickets through Co-op, training camp in Brandon years ago, etc).  But when we all see what the Riders do to include their province in the team and how they merch everything and everyone, it does sway people even here in Westman.  

Although I have yet to see Weston Dressler and Chris Getzlaf visiting Brandon schools.  Thank god  :lol: .

So many Winnipeggers trash talk Brandon that isn't even funny. You'll never hear that crap coming out of my mouth.