Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

Ottawa is doing what they have to do to land a star player. They could offer 200K, but that's not going to keep him from going to Sask. Plus, it's not like Ottawa is loaded with star players and big money. They have room to spend, and they're using it to their advantage.

I very rarely go to Rider fans, my annoyance with them isn't just from dealing with them online. Transplanted Saskatchewan folk are very common in Calgary and in my field of employment, I have had encounters with a lot of Rider fans. Your teams fanbase is annoying as all get out and you don't need to go to Riderfans to figure it out.

Why anyone especially a Bomber fan want to post at Rider Fans is beyond me. Best to stay away & let the fan base copulate with themselves over there.

gbill and Mike post there ;).

I know. That's the last place I'd ever post. The gang mentality as well as the hatred by a lot of the fans to anyone from another team is that site's big downfall. I used to post there a lot in the beginning when Chaps was the owner. But Rider Fan In Calgary owns it now & I really saw a change in the way people (other teams fans) are treated. I haven't posted there probably since 2006 or 7. And I never will again. I know Nate is over there posting away as as **** disturber & maybe that's the best place for him.

All Nate really does over there is criticize the Bombers.

That's all he does here too. You can spot Nates bullshit anywhere no matter what name he's going by. You should see some of the crap he posts on some of the curling message boards too. 

Wait.  There are curling message boards?

I very rarely go to Rider fans, my annoyance with them isn't just from dealing with them online. Transplanted Saskatchewan folk are very common in Calgary and in my field of employment, I have had encounters with a lot of Rider fans. Your teams fanbase is annoying as all get out and you don't need to go to Riderfans to figure it out.

Why anyone especially a Bomber fan want to post at Rider Fans is beyond me. Best to stay away & let the fan base copulate with themselves over there.

I know. That's the last place I'd ever post. The gang mentality as well as the hatred by a lot of the fans to anyone from another team is that site's big downfall. I used to post there a lot in the beginning when Chaps was the owner. But Rider Fan In Calgary owns it now & I really saw a change in the way people (other teams fans) are treated. I haven't posted there probably since 2006 or 7. And I never will again. I know Nate is over there posting away as as **** disturber & maybe that's the best place for him.

That's all he does here too. You can spot Nates bullshit anywhere no matter what name he's going by. You should see some of the crap he posts on some of the curling message boards too. 

Wait.  There are curling message boards?

Well there used to be, no idea if they're still going or not, it truthfully might be just Nate there ranting away. 

Rider fans are going to hate this... Glen Suitor was on Sports Talk on 770 CHQR AM radio here in Calgary just now. He was being interviewed & was asked about Weston Dressler & he dropped a bombshell. He said his sources told him that not only has he been offered a contract that will pay him $250,000 in 2015 But will also pay him a full $250,000 for the entire season THIS YEAR... not a pro rated amount. Put that in perspective & that's $175,000 more than the Riders have offered which is rumoured to be $200,000 in 2015 & pro rated for nine games this season. Probably also both teams have offered healthy signing bonuses as well.

Suitor says that this deal is really going to throw the salary structure for receivers out of whack. Desjardins already has raised what the best CFL qbs are making now thanks to the Burris deal.

The name Desjardins loosely translates into "of the gardens" but Marcel is giving that name a whole different meaning, and not one many would be proud of.

There is nothing logical about that offer when you have a team in that stage of development.

Yeah it really  doesn't make much sense, I suppose he is trying to win now but that teams needs more than just one receiver. The sad part is the  RedBlacks are actually one win away  from being host to a playoff game.. Yup. But i agree 100 percent, that team won't win now, I'd be surprised if they won anytime in the near future even, not another game, i mean a championship.. I would understand this more if that team was one or 2 players away from being really really good but they aren't. They got a long way to go. 

Rider fans are going to hate this... Glen Suitor was on Sports Talk on 770 CHQR AM radio here in Calgary just now. He was being interviewed & was asked about Weston Dressler & he dropped a bombshell. He said his sources told him that not only has he been offered a contract that will pay him $250,000 in 2015 But will also pay him a full $250,000 for the entire season THIS YEAR... not a pro rated amount. Put that in perspective & that's $175,000 more than the Riders have offered which is rumoured to be $200,000 in 2015 & pro rated for nine games this season. Probably also both teams have offered healthy signing bonuses as well.

Suitor says that this deal is really going to throw the salary structure for receivers out of whack. Desjardins already has raised what the best CFL qbs are making now thanks to the Burris deal.

The only argument to be made in Dresslers case is he has arguably been the best receiver in the league the last several years.. he does have five 1000 yard seasons under his belt, He is what i'd consider to be an elite receiver, there aren't many Weston Dresslers in the CFL. What desjardins is doing though is potentially crippling his franchise a wee bit in the long run, What's gonna happen when time comes to sign a few more guys.. Will they have the money to keep signing guys to these ridiculous over priced contracts? Only time will tell. Not all of his players can make "top dollar". 

I think Marcel Desjardins was fired in Hamilton for a number of reasons... One of them was overspending on contracts by overpaying certain players. He's doing the same thing now. He's already escalated salariesat the qb position by being financially irresponsible. I agree that at some point he will have crippled this team because of the high salaries they are carrying.The only reason I believe Desjardins was hired in Ottawa was because he is billingual & ownership felt that he would appeal to the French Canadian fans there in Quebec close by. I can't believe he was their best option to run the team. 

Wait. There are curling message boards?

Well there used to be, no idea if they're still going or not, it truthfully might be just Nate there ranting away.
www.curlingzone.com I go there a fair bit during the season...

So what do you call the Rider fans you work with in Calgary? Here's my guess... "Boss?"   :)

mostly I call them *******. 

What a horrible thing to call your janitor. These guys came all the way from Saskatchewan and the Phillipines to clean your work station and are earning minimum wage. You should be a little more tolerant.....lol ;)