Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

Dressler is the better receiver, but do you want to put all your eggs in one basket? If the Bombers were to sign Dressler they probably wouldn't have any cap room left to sign any other nfl cuts if they became available?

How would Saskatchewan be able to pay for him after signing so many guys.

The Blue should have the most play money in the league with Ottawa a close 2nd.

Dressler is the better receiver, but do you want to put all your eggs in one basket? If the Bombers were to sign Dressler they probably wouldn't have any cap room left to sign any other nfl cuts if they became available?

How would Saskatchewan be able to pay for him after signing so many guys.

The Blue should have the most play money in the league with Ottawa a close 2nd.

Selective memory.

I'd take 2012 Chris Matthews over Dressler, but if he's going to come in with the same attitude as last season, we don't need him.

Dressler I could see going to Ottawa or Sask, but Ottawa needs a QB as well so who knows.  :D

Matthews is a glorified Greg Carr is a glorified Aaron Kelly.....Dressler is a multi-talented A-List receiver, and would likely become our best offensive weapon (after Willy...)

if by glorified you mean better than I agree. Matthews is better than Carr is better than Kelly. 

Dressler though is a guy who can be your #1 receiver and perform game in and game out. One guy is a nice addition to your receiving corps, the other guy you can build around. 

I have this hunch that Hervey wins the Dressler bidding war.  Jones and Watkins were his only real big signings, probably had money opened up for Laurent too.  Reilly is a low $$ QB - Hervey's got cash to throw around.

I think Dressler gets $50k up front if not more plus $200k annual.

Realistically you can make a living in Regina as an ex-Rider. Especially a Hall of Fame type. If he goes back there and plays 3 more seasons of high calibre ball he is practically set. It's going to be very hard for another team to get him for an extra 10 or 15 K. He can make that up easily playing for the Riders.

But like I said I hope someone makes him a huge offer so the Riders have to use a big chunk of cap space on him.

I think Dressler is going to Ottawa for a boat load of money .....   

Montreal may throw some cash also...

Very little odds of the Blue signing the guy...  they already put a lot down for Moore so I doubt they'd put more money for another receiver.

No question that Dressler would be an instant upgrade for any team in the league and money talks. Ottawa is talent-starved and would have likely won as many games with DeMarco as Burris, so why would they not make a very sweet offer to Dressler and if he accepts it, cut or trade Burris to get cap room. Montreal would probably give their first-borns to get Burris who would make them an instant contender.

Nobody gives it up for returning heroes (see John Chick) like the midori-heads. Familiarity with the system + a very good chance to return to the ($) Cup + exultation of the highest order should be enough...Unless the cash gets very serious, I can't see him going to another CFL team if they are just kicking tires.