T.O. Versus Calgary/BC vs Riders

Floyd

Nice crisp receiver patterns by BC. Glenn is looking far more comfortable and his team is responding with confidence. I had taped the TO/Calgary game and even with skipping the commercials and the droning between-plays commentary, I found Rod Black grating and had to mute the TV. Cuthbert and Suitor are soooo much better.

Courtney Taylor is getting cut... He's dropped two easy passes that killed drives.

I don't know if he gets cut but he's gotta be conjuring up some memories of Kamau & Adarius Bowman for Glenn!

I think he is safe now.

What a great game to watch!!  So many horrible timed penalties... Durant was passing at 42% and looked like Troy Durant.....   all around awful performance by the Green I can't wait to watch the meltdown! 

I also love how they benches Charles after 86 yards in the first half...only to get no first downs and Troy Durant getting his first completion in the 2nd half with only 5 minutes remaining in the game... looooove it!

It's going to be interesting to see how players respond to Chamblin's benching players like that. Suitor was going on that if he applies it to everyone it will set a standard for what the coach expects from his players. Problem is it can't be applied to everyone - there aren't enough players on the roster to apply it fairly. Durant doesn't get pulled if he throws an interception. Guyton gets pulled for taking a penalty that extends a Lions' drive but Brackenridge takes the stupid taunting penalty earlier that extended a drive and he doesn't get pulled. 

Seriously amazes me that the Riders have twice removed the running game outright because of a fumble. Especially worse tonight with Charles having a near 100 yard first half.

I have said and will continue to strengthen my stance that Darian Durant is not the QB who can win you many games without support.

Second week in a row.

Isn't it refreshing to actually be fans of a team that has a promising young qb playing for us. I include the Bombers, Calgary & Edmonton in that category. Ottawa is in a world of trouble losing with a 39 year old veteran tied up to a long term & the most expensive contract in the CFL with no true backup waiting in the wings. For once, we've actually got something going for us. 

Was out all night with the lady but.... man, what happened to sask? I thought BC sucked, they certainly didn't look good the first 2 weeks that's for sure. Is sask believing the TSN ass kissings too much? or did BC actually play a good game, I see charles had almost 100 yards at half but fumbled then got pulled? What the hell is chamblin thinking? Trying to lose games, are the riders over rated? Did losing dressler hurt them that much? I think it might have. 

And the Calgary/Toronto game... All i got from the  TSN highlights is... when Calgary beats Toronto it's a statement, when Winnipeg beats Toronto and worse, it doesn't really matter or it's a fluke. It was just week 1.