T.O. Versus Calgary/BC vs Riders

Floyd

Chamblin benching Charles & Allen is over coaching. And it is costing him games. Not that I mind, of course.

It's craziness. The last 2 weeks the running game was the one facet of the Riders offense that was actually working and Chamblin in some fit of stupidity decides he's going to make an example of his running backs for a fumble and it craters his offense. Like they expect Durant to be Ricky Ray. Durant is a good qb but he's no Ricky Ray, he needs that help from the running game like most qbs do. The Riders stop dicking around like that they'll be a better team for it. I think perhaps that championship got to their heads. 

Yah, the coach is taking heat, but:

Some vets in Rider OL not getting it done

Lost a lot of O firepower (Dressler, Sheets) that has not been replaced

Ton of mental mistakes by non-rooks...

Linebacking, talentwise...not good enough...

Plethora of missed tackles, the real bad variety, the last couple of weeks...

If CC benched everyone who screwed up, last night ....Riders would look like basketball team

Receiving corps is very thin....

Cakewalk against bad team (Hamilton) mentally set these guys up for some fail....

Chamblin is becoming very doctrinaire.

I saw some good things from the riders last nite. Despite their obvious lack of discipline they matched the Lions incredible ferocity in most respects.

Even liked how their hulking OT, X-man Fulton tried to chase down the BC picker in the late stages. Shoulda been gassed but he was trying to the end. 

Rider o-line (best in league) met its match in a big, super-strong BC d-line and was unable to push them around. 

Didn't understand Cortez strategy in red-zone - ie. having Durant heave those huge rocket-launchers into the coffin corners....

It's going to be interesting to see how players respond to Chamblin's benching players like that. Suitor was going on that if he applies it to everyone it will set a standard for what the coach expects from his players. Problem is it can't be applied to everyone - there aren't enough players on the roster to apply it fairly. Durant doesn't get pulled if he throws an interception. Guyton gets pulled for taking a penalty that extends a Lions' drive but Brackenridge takes the stupid taunting penalty earlier that extended a drive and he doesn't get pulled. 

Chamblin benching Charles & Allen is over coaching. And it is costing him games. Not that I mind, of course.

Benching players for one mistake, but not all players, just some, as Jacquie points out, is surely going to lead to trouble for them (so sad).

And, as iso points out, Chamblin seems to be over coaching.

Bad recipe for Sask.        

Again - so sad.

* look at this, iso and Jacquie in the same posting…and no clashing!

The score would have been much more lopsided if Glenn had time to get things done in the redzone this is were their weak O-Line really exposes itself.  By far BC's top asset on offence is it's 2 RB set with both Logan and Harris firing on both cylinders the fireworks are spectacular.  Wish the Bombers would give this a try with any combination of the 3 RBs they have right now.  Seems like a very good strategy to employ when facing a strong pass rush.

Isn't it refreshing to actually be fans of a team that has a promising young qb playing for us. I include the Bombers, Calgary & Edmonton in that category. Ottawa is in a world of trouble losing with a 39 year old veteran tied up to a long term & the most expensive contract in the CFL with no true backup waiting in the wings. For once, we've actually got something going for us. 

You can say that again. This is why I was SOOOOOO opposed to, when losing out on Collaros, the bombers went after Burris. A few folks here for some strange reason wanted him and were disappointed when he chose Ottawa. I did the happy dance. I still maintain (for me) Zack was my first choice but Willy was my (distant) Second and TBH I'd have rather have had Max Hall back then Hank. Never like him Hank. 

And poor Ottawa signed him for three years was it? Luckily for them no contracts are guaranteed. Hank sure looked his age here on Friday night at times. 

I think the reason he benched Charles was to save face. Rookie coaching mistake.

I think Durant not completing a pass for 25 minutes was a massive factor.

Two stinkers in a row going into bye week the fans will be bringing out the pitch fork to Taman and company.

Maybe we can trade Romby and Suber for a 1st round pick and a player...that seems like a typical Taman trade.

Isn't it refreshing to actually be fans of a team that has a promising young qb playing for us. I include the Bombers, Calgary & Edmonton in that category. Ottawa is in a world of trouble losing with a 39 year old veteran tied up to a long term & the most expensive contract in the CFL with no true backup waiting in the wings. For once, we've actually got something going for us. 

You can say that again. This is why I was SOOOOOO opposed to, when losing out on Collaros, the bombers went after Burris. A few folks here for some strange reason wanted him and were disappointed when he chose Ottawa. I did the happy dance. I still maintain (for me) Zack was my first choice but Willy was my (distant) Second and TBH I'd have rather have had Max Hall back then Hank. Never like him Hank. 

And poor Ottawa signed him for three years was it? Luckily for them no contracts are guaranteed. Hank sure looked his age here on Friday night at times. 

If Ottawa was 2-0 with Hank, it would be different as they are winning. But as it stands now & the way it looks, they'll be lucky to win 7 games with Hank. So, if the season is lost by end of August, the redblacks not developing a younger qb is suicidal strategy. 

Finished watching the BC-Sask game. Glenn was far and away the most efficient of the two QBs and it looked like Benevides and Khari hatched a game plan to utilize Glenn's strengths- quick reads and short pitches. It was also clear that Harris's running was critical to BC's success and maybe Harris is on his way to both a career year and MOP Canuck. Sask's receiving corps looks pretty inadequate right now and their running game isn't so hot, either. Both teams look beatable.

If Ottawa was 2-0 with Hank, it would be different as they are winning. But as it stands now & the way it looks, they'll be lucky to win 7 games with Hank. So, if the season is lost by end of August, the redblacks not developing a younger qb is suicidal strategy. 

Hank was not the problem on Friday...  he put the ball where it had to be early, but NONE of his receivers could make a catch or run decent routes.  And then Frank arrived...

Ottawa's receivers will ruin deMarco too...  maybe they should have coughed up $190k for Nick Moore...

Yeah after watching the Redblacks thats going to be their downfall. They have a whole bunch of  secondary recievers and no primamary target. They need to start flying in WR in mass. Still dont know why Miles is not getting a chance?

Talk of BC's demise was a as premature 

Well what if the Riders are just playing that badly right now? I mean they beat Hamilton in an ass ugly game in a torrential downpour and have been shown to be a pretty weak offense two weeks in a row, not to mention that BC was 0-3 previous to playing said rider team whereas the Argos have been thumped twice and the only game they looked good was against the Riders. It's still early obviously but something stinks in riderville to my eyes after 3 weeks.

Talk of BC's demise was a as premature

Well what if the Riders are just playing that badly right now? I mean they beat Hamilton in an ass ugly game in a torrential downpour and have been shown to be a pretty weak offense two weeks in a row, not to mention that BC was 0-3 previous to playing said rider team whereas the Argos have been thumped twice and the only game they looked good was against the Riders. It's still early obviously but something stinks in riderville to my eyes after 3 weeks.

BC was 0-2 prior to the game yesterday.

Durant at the moment has 1 reciever that can really break the game open. Taman has not done a great job in brining guys to fill in for Dressler and Simon. They thought Ryan Smith was the second coming of Dressler just because he is from North Dakota but has not been productive.

Starting Hugh Charles over Anthony Allen was just bizarre...  then benching him kind of clinched things - Chamblin overthinking.

Once Getzlaf is healthy, things will get better but Sask is just an average team right now - kind of like they were when Sheets was injured last year...

Starting Hugh Charles over Anthony Allen was just bizarre...  then benching him kind of clinched things - Chamblin overthinking.

Once Getzlaf is healthy, things will get better but Sask is just an average team right now - kind of like they were when Sheets was injured last year...

One receiver isn't going to solve the problems going on in Sask right now. That run defense is porous.