QB Mason Mills

Mike

I would expect you'll see him added to our PR in the coming days.

University of San Diego product, NCAA Division 1-AA quarterback ... was the Pacific Football League (the name of the conference he plays in) MVP in 2013. Very solid numbers.

Numbers wise, yeah. Arm doesn't look great in the highlight vid. But who knows how old some of that footage is. He could easily have improved. I trust the scouts.

The first player I thought of after I saw his iffy/wonky release on some of those throws and the way he scrambles around is Collaros.

Numbers wise, yeah. Arm doesn't look great in the highlight vid. But who knows how old some of that footage is. He could easily have improved. I trust the scouts.

The first player I thought of after I saw his iffy/wonky release on some of those throws and the way he scrambles around is Collaros.

Definitely agree, similar to collaros for sure. Similar scrambling ability, even kind of looks like collaros in that video. 

Personally I hate highlight videos. Until you see a guy on a CFL field against CFL competition you really have no idea what you're getting. You just cross your fingers and hope it pans out. I'm sure Justin Goltz has a fantastic highlight video somewhere. I recall many people in love with Max Hall's highlight video when he signed here.

Personally I hate highlight videos. Until you see a guy on a CFL field against CFL competition you really have no idea what you're getting. You just cross your fingers and hope it pans out. I'm sure Justin Goltz has a fantastic highlight video somewhere. I recall many people in love with Max Hall's highlight video when he signed here.

I love highlight videos.  They fill me with optimism.  I like optimism.

No, they aren't great predictors of anything.  Turns out they're only filled with the best plays.  Seems a bit one-sided.  Blooper reel should always come at the end.

I agree with Mr.P and others. Though, TBH - right now who we sign doesn't bother me as we are set in the QB position. Willy is god (well ok, that's a little too far I know but I'm so stoked about him, I've been waiting years (like most of you) for a bondafide #1 guy). Brohm and especially Marve seem like good solid backups (especially Marve). So, unlike last year when we had no one, why not take chances on these guys. You might find a real gem but if you don't, I'm confident this coaching / management staff won't think twice about releasing someone in a month rather than spin their wheels on them for a few years like they've been doing. 

BTW - I haven't watched the videos - they mean nothing to me. I have to see a QB manage a game, see him at his average, before I judge him. Any QB can look like Payton Manning in a hi-light video. 

I agree with Mr.P and others. Though, TBH - right now who we sign doesn't bother me as we are set in the QB position. Willy is god (well ok, that's a little too far I know but I'm so stoked about him, I've been waiting years (like most of you) for a bondafide #1 guy). Brohm and especially Marve seem like good solid backups (especially Marve). So, unlike last year when we had no one, why not take chances on these guys. You might find a real gem but if you don't, I'm confident this coaching / management staff won't think twice about releasing someone in a month rather than spin their wheels on them for a few years like they've been doing. 

BTW - I haven't watched the videos - they mean nothing to me. I have to see a QB manage a game, see him at his average, before I judge him. Any QB can look like Payton Manning in a hi-light video. 

I think this is the most optimistic I've ever seen you... based on conversations in the OB days.... then again, those were dark days...

Funny that you mention Peyton Manning.... I watched about a minute of the highlight video... seems he throws a lot of "ducks".... but a lot of people commented on how Peyton threw "ducks" last year... that turned out ok for him...

Hell you could put together flattering highlight packs of them from their actual CFL action too if you really wanted to.