CFL Week 3 Winnipeg vs Montreal Preview

I fear this game. Bombers are riding pretty high and think their stink don't smell.

However, not having Greaves is a big loss. Watson is also still tub-thumping. 

Goose was getting himself manhandled a bit when filling for Greaves so I suspect Bombers will move Morley out to guard and let Goose snap. Doesn't bode well as Morley is mighty slow.

Als are figuring out ways to win with a mediocre QB. But T. Smith is still dangerous with his legs and bombers etch-a-sketch d can be vulnerable.

Blue have to do what they've done before. Stay fairly disciplined (under 10 penalties), stay tough on teams, run the ball hard (even if our o-line won't be creating many holes for our runners and don't let T Smith burn us with many big-gainers. If we do that we may be able to eek out a W.

But all things being equal I suspect we'll rack up our first L - 

Als 27

BB  23

what the hell gives you that impression exactly? bombers come across as very humble much like their coach And i'm not sure exactly what you were watching last game, if you even were but this piling on goossen stuff? i don't get it, yeah he got beat once or twice but he looked pretty decent at times too. 

Montreal has a solid defence and at least IMO this week we'll be able to see what our offensive line is made of.......................... rumour has it that Noel Thorpe likes to blitz.

Offense is clearly the issue in Montreal (when was the last time someone could actually say that ?), but IMO Dinwiddie called 2 decent games, the first one if Smith could have actually hit his receivers they probably would have won and the second game was clearly to help out Smith. Personally not a fan of Smith at all and IMO the only reason why he's the starter is because he's a name.

We're not at home and I wonder how the team will come out in it's first road game. Things look different under O'Shea, which is obviously a good thing, so I believe the Bombers will continue competing and looking prepared out there. Big things I'm looking for this week is consistency in the offense and the game plan against Thorpe's system.

Montreal have vets and sophomores as starters in their line-up except for 1 of the CB spot. CB Chris Smith will likely out this week for possible concussion so it's either a rookie international player will man that position or one of their national defensive backs.

Willy need to be careful of his ball placement against their secondary.

This game comes down to our O line vs their D line.  If we can protect Willy and open some holes for Grigsby, we'll be fine.  Montreal will show our inexperienced O line every type of blitz in the book and they can also get pressure the old fashioned way from the front 4.  Pressures + Hits + Sacks = Mistakes | Turnovers.  Greaves has been our best NI O lineman this year.  Now that he's hurt, I'm pretty worried that Montreal's D line will win the battle and win it big.

Montreal's O isn't great.  Smith, for all the hate he gets around here, is better than any of our QB's last year and probably better than everyone except Willy this year.  Smith could probably hurt us with his legs more than his arm and Whitaker can do some damage too.  They also have some big play receivers who could hurt us deep.

Smith is no dummy, but good pressure from our front four/seven will cause him to either force the ball or try to run, so its great that Bryant is back, but that is offset by the loss of Greaves and the defensive juggling that results. I hope Howard is good enough to be worth rearranging the defensive team. I believe that Willy can handle the pressure better than Smith, but our short passing game had better be up to snuff. It will be interesting to see how well Grigsby does.

This game comes down to our O line vs their D line.

You also have to remember, the team that scores the most points by the end of the game has a better chance of winning. - Chris Schultz

Hotels.com_Captain_Obvious_LockedUp.jpg

Would like to know how you came up with the picture of Montreal's next OC, so soon.....

I didn't realize Captain Obvious was a coach.  I guess that wasn't so..."obvious"...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahaaa....eh... 

...ah shut up.

This is our first road game and we're going to the city with the best night life in Montreal. I hope our guys are mature enough to not have a Charles Roberts/Tom Canada night.

Never heard the story, do you have details for us? :)

I don't think it's one specific story so much as those two liked to have fun