Roster Cut Discussion

Mike

I think it's a fool's errand to declare the off season a success or failure without having played a single meaningful game...

I'm not saying success or failure as a whole. I'm just saying as far as the class of rookie imports goes, it's pretty underwhelming.

One thing I will say, this is the CFL - a lot of you tend to forget that. Sorry guys, I love the sport, and I love our game, and I love our league. But for the upteenth time, we are not a MAJOR league. We are not viewed that way. I won't call us a 'bush' league, not by a long shot, but we are not the answer to anyones prayers. My point? Mike, the best imports aren't here yet my friend. They're with Henoc, chasing their 'dreams' in the NFL. I think our import talent was fine. I also think come late August/September when the NFL cuts start you'll find more players coming that we can 'upgrade' with. That's just a CFL fact, not bias, not an 'opinion', but  fact. 

And btw - did I not call it ISO - See ya Hall. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. ISO - remember, we didn't with Hall so if Willy goes down I'd much rather lose with MARVE as our QB who has a 'future' then Hall as our QB who never had a future. My Joe Freaking Mack Demons are finally gone. What a joke that was - Elliott/Brink cut for two guys WORSE than them. And people wonder why we were an epic failure last year. 

I think it's a fool's errand to declare the off season a success or failure without having played a single meaningful game...

I'm not saying success or failure as a whole. I'm just saying as far as the class of rookie imports goes, it's pretty underwhelming.

One thing I will say, this is the CFL - a lot of you tend to forget that. Sorry guys, I love the sport, and I love our game, and I love our league. But for the upteenth time, we are not a MAJOR league. We are not viewed that way. I won't call us a 'bush' league, not by a long shot, but we are not the answer to anyones prayers. My point? Mike, the best imports aren't here yet my friend. They're with Henoc, chasing their 'dreams' in the NFL. I think our import talent was fine. I also think come late August/September when the NFL cuts start you'll find more players coming that we can 'upgrade' with. That's just a CFL fact, not bias, not an 'opinion', but  fact. 

I think the quotation marks, as you are using them, needed to be around "fact".

I like Neufeld at RT and Knapp at RG for now...  Neufeld is a natural tackle

Our DL is a bit 'confusing'...  Would feel better about Alexander and Bucknor starting than Cdns on our DL.

Anderson is better than Fraser...

Everett might just get a shot this year

Kelly and Peach annointed - no competition at all

Coaches must see something in Dunn that I don't.

Possible DIs - Woods, Fraser, Wild and Leggett...?  Better thank the league for changing the rules...

And btw - did I not call it ISO - See ya Hall. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. ISO - remember, we didn't with Hall so if Willy goes down I'd much rather lose with MARVE as our QB who has a 'future' then Hall as our QB who never had a future. My Joe Freaking Mack Demons are finally gone. What a joke that was - Elliott/Brink cut for two guys WORSE than them. And people wonder why we were an epic failure last year. 

Just saying here but.. 98 percent of this board called halls release. You are gloating for no reason. We all saw it coming. Do you really think a non mobile joey elliot and alex brink would have fared any differently last season? Last season was more about the coaches and the ridiculous schemes they tried to run instead of about how  bad the players were. I'm not sure peyton manning would have done much here last year or russel wilson for that matter but because wilson can scramble and run, he might have looked ok but not much more than ok.

Except all those guys who were cut in August the last 3 years are looking for work.  It's not as concrete as you present it in terms of how and when guys come north.

Except all those guys who were cut in August the last 3 years are looking for work.  It's not as concrete as you present it in terms of how and when guys come north.

Besides, how often do we see guys actually step in in September and make an impact?  Someone help me out here because I don't remember many.

Besides, how often do we see guys actually step in in September and make an impact?  Someone help me out here because I don't remember many.

Greg Carr. He's about the only one I can think of.

Last guy here would have been Philip Hunt I think.

I don't mind Greg Carr.

Him too, and IIRC he didn't even get into a NFL main camp the year he signed with the Bombers, same as Hunt.  So they weren't really NFL cuts, just guys who were waiting for a call.

I felt during the offseason that we placed too much emphasis on the little free agent camps we were having.  Sure those are fine for DB's and receivers, but you can't learn much about linemen there, IMO.  We cut guys like McAdoo and Griggs to make space for guys we found at these free agent camps without ever really seeing them against CFL competition.

I felt during the offseason that we placed too much emphasis on the little free agent camps we were having.  Sure those are fine for DB's and receivers, but you can't learn much about linemen there, IMO.  We cut guys like McAdoo and Griggs to make space for guys we found at these free agent camps without ever really seeing them against CFL competition.

Your smile is intoxicating

Ottawa's starting receivers against Montreal tonight are Dobson Collins, Marcus Henry, Kierrie Johnson, Paris Jackson, and Matt Carter. Good luck with that group.

Of course, I've been proven wrong before. Henry making those guys look like allstars against Montreal right now.

Ottawa's starting receivers against Montreal tonight are Dobson Collins, Marcus Henry, Kierrie Johnson, Paris Jackson, and Matt Carter. Good luck with that group.

Of course, I've been proven wrong before. Henry making those guys look like allstars against Montreal right now.

veteran looks good in preseason against god knows what kind of competition... stop the presses. 

Maybe Dell will stick around town for a bit?

As for Hall... nieswander showed more and he still doesn't have a team...

Not true.  Hall went head to head with Nieswander last year in a game and came out on top in every category.  If Max only won one game last year that was it.