Matt Nichols recently offered to Bombers

gbill2004

Not seeing how Nichols is better than Max Hall.

I don't see it either.

I like Hall. I'm normally not a fan of qbs who lack athleticism, but I thought he showed ok considering what he was working with.

Agree totally. He came on at the end of the season. Didn't throw a pick his final 3 games. 

SMS-wise they can afford to take Glenn to camp but can they afford to take one (possibly 2) unhappy QB(s) to camp. Could end up causing problems in the locker room.

If Glenn acts like he always has, he won't be a problem. I'm hoping as he has never been a part of the Ottawa organization on the field, he does tell the RedBlacks to go suck on an egg.

Still you have to wonder if screwing around Glenn could potentially cause a split in the dressing room and whether it could have an impact on potential FAs signing there.

Serious. Seen lots of good, bad and ugly from Hall but if there was a game where NIchols demonstrated clear superiority I did not see that game.

http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/80959

http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/81217

Would have been nice to find full games.

because he plays for a different team. Bomber fans do this all the time. Everyone here is useless anyone who has shown any remote spark on another team is automatically better. 

By this logic we should just stick with Hall, Goltz and Brown for 2014 and see how that goes.  :rolleyes:

why not stick with Hall? He did show some signs of getting better and he has shown more than Nichols cause every time nichols gets into a game he leaves on a cart. Hell I still say Goltz isn't as useless as people make him out to be. He got the Tim Burke under the bus special. 

why not stick with Hall? He did show some signs of getting better and he has shown more than Nichols cause every time nichols gets into a game he leaves on a cart. Hell I still say Goltz isn't as useless as people make him out to be. He got the Tim Burke under the bus special. 

Inclined to agree about Max Hall. His arm strength is fine. In fact, he can really rifle the ball into tight places with some accuracy. His reads got better as the season progressed. He took some hellacious hits and didn't break. Look the circus that was going on around him with a coordinator who knew squat about 3-down ball. He's just not very mobile. My worry about Bombers taking on a QB such as Nichols is that Edm is just looking to free up cap room by dumping Nichols to get into a bidding war for someone like Drew Willy. And I am not convinced Wpg should go after Willy either. We would likely overpay.

When Hall was put in, he showed he was learning the system, was reading the defence well and usually put the ball in the right read.

He was progressing nicely and seems to show an aptitude for the Canadian game.

He can move the ball.

That's the good news.

His arm strength is only functional to a spot or leading a receiver. As to velocity, I believe I typed this post faster.

Haven't seen a display of arm strength.

There is also the issue of scramble ability. Not…a…strong…point. 

All in all, I can see Hall as a decent back up who can come in and play the game.

Not sold on him being a starter.

**I was/am a fan of bringing in Willy.

For team with no QB, we sure are picky, maybe that's the problem.

Seriously? You dont think we need to be at this point? We can ill afford another round of "will he pan out" as its simply a tough way to get to starter.. id rather go with a no name scouted by manus then a broken neverwas

How many CFL Qbs has Danny mac Found and brought into the league so far?   Honest question, i don't know..   It seems a bit strange to me to put faith in a man to spot and sign talent, when they don't have a history of doing it, or atleast not known to me.

For team with no QB, we sure are picky, maybe that's the problem.

Seriously? You dont think we need to be at this point? We can ill afford another round of "will he pan out" as its simply a tough way to get to starter.. id rather go with a no name scouted by manus then a broken neverwas

How many CFL Qbs has Danny mac Found and brought into the league so far? Honest question, i don't know.. It seems a bit strange to me to put faith in a man to spot and sign talent, when they don't have a history of doing it, or atleast not known to me.
Honestly, i dont have a clue but riddle me this batman.. Wouldnt a personnel scout who knows the american football scene rather well... Who also just so happens to be a hall of famer QB in the league he is scouting players for... Be the best option to track down an elusive up and coming rookie QB seeing he knows exactly wtf a Canadian Football League QB needs to be?

Seems like a winning solution to our age old problem when you think about it, no?

His arm strength is only functional to a spot or leading a receiver. As to velocity, I believe I typed this post faster.

Haven't seen a display of arm strength.

There is also the issue of scramble ability. Not…a…strong…point. 

**I was/am a fan of brining in Willy.

100% agree...   I also am concerned of Hall's durability (it didn't help that he had zero protection) ,  he was hurt quite often last season.  

Agreed I like Max but the Bombers can't stand pat.  If he gets injured (and he will) there has to be a capable QB waiting to step in or vice-versa.  At this point I don't care who it is, Glenn, Willy, Tate, Nichols, Nieswander.....but we do need two solid candidates.  So Bombers better keep pursuing any and all available options because they are diminishing quickly.

If drew Tate becomes our Starter I'll be pissed... Id much rather go with Max.

As for our options at QB... really want to see Brown brought back. My internet scouting tells me he's a keeper....

Really want to see us sign Willy and bring back Hall as well. Willy, Brown, Hall would be a nice stable... inexperienced, but I'd rather go with that than Hank at this point.

Get a solid OL together with a dominant RB and we'd be fine with those guys IMO.

If drew Tate becomes our Starter I'll be pissed... Id much rather go with Max.

As for our options at QB... really want to see Brown brought back. My internet scouting tells me he's a keeper....

Really want to see us sign Willy and bring back Hall as well. Willy, Brown, Hall would be a nice stable... inexperienced, but I'd rather go with that than Hank at this point.

Get a solid OL together with a dominant RB and we'd be fine with those guys IMO.

Tate is a better qb than Hall. He would be a major upgrade. But two things, his durability & no way the Stamps part with him unless we pay in the form of starter(s) & our first round draft pick. Plus the Stamps have to be confident that Adrian McPherson can actually go in & has the ability to win games as a starter if BLM gets injured.

We MUST be able to find a better starter/backup than Hall...  the guy had been a coach for two years when we dug him up last spring...

At this point, I would be just as happy going into the season with three new, raw QBs instead of sending picks to anybody.  Start fresh - Hall will always have Mackstink on him.

I guess Willy is our only option now, assuming they can even land him.  Going to Glenn would put us in a holding pattern once again imo, looking for a starter that will be around for the long haul.

How long would Glenn last behind our D'Oh line is another question and could he be effective?  

Q.B. problems already for yet another round of 'rebuild', hope they get it sorted asap.