REDBLACKS major announcement today, Burris Signed

gbill2004

Honestly feeling like we dodged a bullet here. Hopefully Bellefuille and KG5 can get past their butt-hurt, and we can somehow snag Glenn and Willy, who, with Hall, would make up a pretty good stable of QBs. If not, I'm confident they'll find some kind of solution. Not really concerned about Burris going to Ottawa.

I predict Kevin Glenn lands in BC for the 14th overall pick... although if Desjardin is smart, he will shop him for a Cdn receiver.

At best, we head into the season with Willy and Hall...  I predict a lot of D-FENCE chants this year at IGF.

The way things are going, I predict a lot of empty seats at IGF this year.

Curious if the money offered between Ottawa and Winnipeg was similar.

Interesting that Burris chooses an expansion franchise over Winnipeg.

If this is the perception of the Bombers from free agents, I don't expect a lot of high profile signings come free agency unless we severely over pay.

Rebuilding this club and image is going to have to come the hard way No easy fixes here.

The good news is that this can be done relatively quickly in the CFL if you have good scouting.

So much freaking out around here for no reason. This really isn't the big deal that people are making it out to be. I'm still confident we'll be in good shape come July...

I'm not freaking out about missing on Burris. I'm freaking out because it's obvious that we are not in any way, shape or form a desirable destination for players who have a choice. And that's a problem.

So much freaking out around here for no reason. This really isn't the big deal that people are making it out to be. I'm still confident we'll be in good shape come July...

I'm not freaking out about missing on Burris. I'm freaking out because it's obvious that we are not in any way, shape or form a desirable destination for players who have a choice. And that's a problem.

And you're surprised by this?

I really didn't want to see Burris here to tell the truth, but again it's the optics and what that says about our team, fair or not.  What Mike is saying about FA avoiding this place like the plague has merit and is not good for the survival of this franchise. Seriously, it's already starting with the fanbase. Anyone think signing Burris wouldn't have instantly helped with the ticket sales?