REDBLACKS major announcement today, Burris Signed

gbill2004

Ottawa can sit on those guys until June or someone makes them a good offer. Another game of chicken for the Bombers. Anyone getting tired of getting plucked?

I understand not wanting to overpay for Burris, but consistently losing out on QB talent just shows the perception that htis organization has.  It is going to be a long road out of gloom city.

So much freaking out around here for no reason. This really isn't the big deal that people are making it out to be. I'm still confident we'll be in good shape come July...

I'm not freaking out about missing on Burris. I'm freaking out because it's obvious that we are not in any way, shape or form a desirable destination for players who have a choice. And that's a problem.

And you're surprised by this?

I am surprised that a qb would pick an expansion team that already has a starting qb over us, yes.

This offseason started off with multiple free agent QB options for a starter, and with us seemingly being the only team in need of a starter.  Now two of them have chosen other teams. (including an expansion team!!!)

As much as we are wanting/hoping/thinking that Watlers etc. are turning this team around, it's not like there is any track record AT ALL among our entire staff of rookies at their position. Would it be a big surprise if the Bombers screwed up and we're spinning our wheels again with the new management? Wouldn't it almost be a surprise if the team DIDN'T screw up?

Knee-jerk panic reaction over.

Oi the negativity is disgusting. I still have faith in the brain trust to figure this out...

It's February. People need to stop getting their panties in a knot, sit their ass down and just watch it all play out. We have no slightest idea what the final product will be. People need to relax.

Oi the negativity is disgusting. I still have faith in the brain trust to figure this out...

It's February. People need to stop getting their panties in a knot, sit their ass down and just watch it all play out. We have no slightest idea what the final product will be. People need to relax.

Maybe you and Noeller don't.  But I know we're going to suck major ass again this year.

So much this...

Maybe you and Noeller don't.  But I know we're going to suck major ass again this year.

Bookmarked...

Bookmarked...

Good.  I hope I have admit I'm wrong in this.  Just don't think I'll need to.

Of course we're going to suck, we were 3-15 last year and have more holes than Portage Avenue in April. The point is, is that there are still lots of time to add pieces to the puzzle to start to get the ship turned around. This was never going to be a one year process. People need to realize that.

So much this...

You guys inspire me.

Sure, but we know what the final product won't include.

Look, are people overreacting a bit given it's Feb.4? Sure.

But I think there's merit for the worry and concern. There are not an infinite number of QB's available in this league, and if recent Bomber teams are any indication - backups are very important.

If we were one starter or one "up and comer" away from completing our QB stable, than people wouldn't be panicking....we're worried because we have ZILCH, NATA, NOTHING at the most important position AND we've been spurned the last 2 times we've tried bringing someone in. 

So much freaking out around here for no reason. This really isn't the big deal that people are making it out to be. I'm still confident we'll be in good shape come July...

I'm not freaking out about missing on Burris. I'm freaking out because it's obvious that we are not in any way, shape or form a desirable destination for players who have a choice. And that's a problem.

Do we have to be surprised by this, to be upset about this?  The market is telling us that 2 FA's that WE COVETED don't view Winnipeg as anything more than a last resort. 

It's not the individual QB's that I'm upset we lost on.  It's the increasing likelihood that our greatest fear is coming true... that no one of any value wants to play here.

I agree that we have to be calm at this stage. But we have been calm for so many years and the obvious is happening. We have a rookie CEO, rookie GM, rookie Head Coach it is not a good start to the year. As a veteran in any job would you be enticed to start working for company headed by rookies if you were looking to advance your career.

This is what we were saying last year.  Fool me once shame on you...   I'm going to wait for the team to show that they can follow through and succeed with at least one thing before I gain an ounce of positivity.

Muamba, A QB (ANY QB??), a FA Olineman who can start and be good, Kohlert??? Etienne????? Sign any of these and I'll have a glimmer of hope.  So far all they've shown is that they can hire complete rookies at all major management positions (again) and put together most of a coaching staff.

As for all the #thanksjoemack comments, remember Mack's first offseason? Everyone blamed Mike Kelly for everything bad that happened.  And at least that year we signed Steven Jyles (the most coveted FA QB at the time), AND an experienced QB in Buck Pierce.

Lots of teams suck and turn it around by signing good players.  We have a brand new facility.  We have a new (player friendly) CEO, GM and HC.

Im not sure i can believe we cant sign players because we "suck" or that it was a :"gong show" since the gong show gang has been replaced.  And lord knows Ottawa isnt looking like world-beaters.

So what is it?  And is this something Walters has to wear?  He has failed multiple times now in securing a starting QB.

Im not a Chicken Little because whatever, it is what it is and we will turn it around eventually.  But if Walters' isnt capable of signing top players or if players dont want to play for O'Shea, then we have mis-calculated terribly.

Do we have to be surprised by this, to be upset about this?  The market is telling us that 2 FA's that WE COVETED don't view Winnipeg as anything more than a last resort. 

It's not the individual QB's that I'm upset we lost on.  It's the increasing likelihood that our greatest fear is coming true... that no one of any value wants to play here.

The coordinators are the least inspiring group I've ever seen, they made a lot of noise about getting a FA qb and struck out on the 2 that hit the market... Walters seems to give up a lot when he trades for pieces... it's just a lot of things starting to form a picture here. 

And at least that year we signed Steven Jyles (the most coveted FA QB at the time), AND an experienced QB in Buck Pierce.

Everyone was super optimistic and excited too and at the end of the day it resulted in a four win season. It's just too much of an unknown at this point how things will pan out.

Being a negative whiny ***** serves absolutely zero purpose...

So being concerned with the state of this team as of today = being a negative, whiny ______ ?

Let's just shut down the forum til June, because apparently we can't talk anything negative yet because the season is too far away from starting.