REDBLACKS major announcement today, Burris Signed

gbill2004

Oi the negativity is disgusting. I still have faith in the brain trust to figure this out...

It's February. People need to stop getting their panties in a knot, sit their ass down and just watch it all play out. We have no slightest idea what the final product will be. People need to relax.

Maybe you and Noeller don't.  But I know we're going to suck major ass again this year.

Bookmarked...

Last year 75% of the internet Bomber fan community believed we were going to be good even though it was obvious we weren't.  This year, it's Mr. Perfect and Noeller.  

Please show me where I've said we will be a good team this year.

From this very thread...

"Everyone was super optimistic and excited too and at the end of the day it resulted in a four win season. It's just too much of an unknown at this point how things will pan out."

Also from this very thread...

Of course we're going to suck, we were 3-15 last year and have more holes than Portage Avenue in April. The point is, is that there are still lots of time to add pieces to the puzzle to start to get the ship turned around. This was never going to be a one year process. People need to realize that."

Pretty big let down again... 3 FA QBs choose not to sign here, for whatever reason.

Three? Burris, Collaros and ??

Reilly

Reilly was traded to Edmonton before free agency last year then was extended. He never hit the market.

We could have made a trade before Edmonton did.

Sure, and the GM at the time has since been fired. To say however that Reilly was a free agent that we missed out on is not true. He was never a free agent.

True... But we missed out on him because he didn't want to play here.  Clean slate of gms, ceo, coaching staff.. Second verse.. Same as the first.. 

Oi the negativity is disgusting. I still have faith in the brain trust to figure this out...

It's February. People need to stop getting their panties in a knot, sit their ass down and just watch it all play out. We have no slightest idea what the final product will be. People need to relax.

Maybe you and Noeller don't.  But I know we're going to suck major ass again this year.

Bookmarked...

Last year 75% of the internet Bomber fan community believed we were going to be good even though it was obvious we weren't.  This year, it's Mr. Perfect and Noeller.  

From this very thread...

"Everyone was super optimistic and excited too and at the end of the day it resulted in a four win season. It's just too much of an unknown at this point how things will pan out."

Of course we're going to suck, we were 3-15 last year and have more holes than Portage Avenue in April. The point is, is that there are still lots of time to add pieces to the puzzle to start to get the ship turned around. This was never going to be a one year process. People need to realize that."

You are right, but it just doesn't feel like we'll be adding any of those pieces.  

But where do you find a #1 QB?  If it was so easy, why has it taken us so long to find one.  Sure it's only February but the most important position is still not filled and the best prospects are gone. 

I wish I could share the same optimism as you but right now it looks like the ship is going in circles.

Excellent news for anyone who wants the Bombers to build a successful organization, a rebuild which is much needed.

Burris would be a reach for a quick fix, a guy who is 4-12 against our West division opponents the last two seasons.

We are going to have the worst QB in our division, maybe 4th if Reilly stalls. That guy should be someone who has a future.

Bookmarked...

From this very thread...

Yup.. we are going to suck.. because we can't for the life of us find/buy/beg a starting qb to come play for us behind our horrible oline, enemic Offense, and rudderless team.  

Yup.. We wouldn't suck though if we could get a qb, spend alot on fixing the o-line immediately and addressing other sore points.. Do we offically have a DC yet?    If the O-line was above average, we may have a chance with Hall.. But really what has changed other then coaching so far in the past 4 months?   Nothing much... New coaches, untested, rookies, and all new systems to be implemented.. Untill any real changes surface, they is nothing to be optomistic about, other then i plan on taking my 4 year to his first game this year... 

@PentonKirk: Just landed in Ottawa to hear from source #RedBlacks paying Burris way over 400K and #Bombers weren't in ball park.

Wow well good on Walters!

I wonder what happens with Glenn then... I think I rather go through growing pains with Willy then Glenn again...

Thats the issue though.  Why dont they want to come here?

Because the team is not competitive? (but Ottawa will be?)

Because it was a gong show the last couple of years (even though we have a new CEO, new GM, new HC?)

Because players dont like/respect the new CEO, GM, HC?

Rookie President, rookie GM, rookie HC, uninspiring OC, a disaster waiting to happen at DC. Should I go on? We went with what works for the Bombers in perpetuity. We didn't hire the best people. We hired friends & acquaintances.... Nothing changes with this team. We ran out the old guard & paid thru the nose & replaced them with what? A younger version of the old guard. Now to get a starting qb like Glenn we'll probably have to part with a starter & our first round pick. Walters traded our second round pick for an injured player. Unbelievable that conceivably to get a legitimate starting qb we may have no picks until the third round. I just can't see this getting any worse but hey this is the Blue Bombers, we all know that it probably will. 

I bet Desjardins already has a trade worked out with the Als for Glenn.   I see what Desjardins is doing and I can understand that a marquee QB is important for an expansion franchise but he's just upped the bar for a starting QB and that's going to hurt the rest of the teams. 

I bet Desjardins already has a trade worked out with the Als for Glenn.   I see what Desjardins is doing and I can understand that a marquee QB is important for an expansion franchise but he's just upped the bar for a starting QB and that's going to hurt the rest of the teams. 

Salary cap is going up substantially I understand. Qbs will be paid a half million bucks in a year or two. 

Excellent news for anyone who wants the Bombers to build a successful organization, a rebuild which is much needed.

Burris would be a reach for a quick fix, a guy who is 4-12 against our West division opponents the last two seasons.

We are going to have the worst QB in our division, maybe 4th if Reilly stalls. That guy should be someone who has a future.

6th  year of the rebuild.. Its no longer a rebuild.. Its just the state of the team/organization.

edit- not sure how this replied to you.. 

BUT... you need a capable QB to build around even if for a year or two.. You can solidify the QB and then mold the players around the offence that you need.. Earning you wins, and respect in the process.  We are a wasteland, that no one wants to play for.. We are going to have to over pay at some point to get the players/ coaches / talent that we need to come here.. 

How is not having a quarterback we can win with "excellent news"??? Like who is available JBR??? Drew Willy? He has virtually no playing time. How much should we pay him & if he wants more, we just walk away because it makes business sense?The only way to get a legitimate starting qb is to trade & we aren't in a position to dictate terms so we still lose. Walters has screwed up twice. We are in an even weaker bargaining situation than we were a week ago. Teams know that. We're hooped.

Fine, Glenn plus Willy then. 

That could still work. Though I doubt the Bombers can swing it.

Here's to giving Drew Willy the reigns in 2014 -- running for his life from the very first play behind a patchwork O-line. 

Injured and out of football by Labour Day. 

Or crushed under the weight of a fan-base's  unrealistic expectations ..