Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

A bit baffled by this one - we're loading up at Safety and still pretty thin everywhere else...  Maybe the plan is for two NI DBs...???

I actually think Alexander has more of a chance to be our starting Safety than anyone - just wondering where Newman fits

Kind of a shame we shipped Aprile for Bucknor imo

it's been rumored that Aprile soured with the Bombers and doesn't want to come here

Yeah they didn't want to pay for his hair-care products as part of his contract.

@PentonKirk: #Stampeders trade kick returner Larry Taylor to the #Alouettes for draft picks. #CFL

@CFL: MORE NEWS: Jock Sanders has signed with the @CalStampeders. Details to come. #CFL

Another loss for the Riders. This is getting comical....

It CAN'T get funny enough. ON CHQR in Calgary Sanders was interviewed tonight. He was asked why he signed with the Stamps. He said he felt the Stamps gave him a better chance to win the GC than the Riders. Burrrn!

Pretty sure that if we actually do re-sign Ford, that he'll be well aware that he'll have to compete to start. There's something about developing an expectation that you're going to get paid... and then sitting on the FA market for weeks... that instills humility into you. 

An "underpaid" Will Ford with a chip on his shoulder would probably be a good thing for us... although I firmly believe that RB production is at least 50% dependent on OL performance.

Thought this tweet was worth mentioning.

CFL News ‏@CFL_News  13h

Some #CFL salaries? Shea Emry reportedly signed for $185K per season w/#Argos; Craig Butler about $150K w/ #Ticats via @sixbeamers

Signing Ford would be the starting point.

He will be the one to beat out as our RB/KR.

And that's fine. But if we can outSheet him or outGable him, with another RB would could literally run away with the position, then we must have the will to do so.

If Walters' performance to date is any indication, darned few players are going to go into camp with the assumption that they are a lock. As many here have pointed out, good RBs are plentiful and relatively cheap. I would love it if Florida Dan could scare up another Charles Roberts- that would sure take a lot of pressure off both our QB and the O-line, not to mention the receivers.

Ford to me is a guy who is better served as a change of pace guy than a full time RB. Just don't really like the speedster rbs. Give me the guy who can do the hard running inside. Someone who has a 5 or 6 yards per carry the honest way rather than having it bumped up by the real big one every now and then. 

Why are we losing out on so many players that could fill holes & make us competitive (like McCune if he signs elsewhere) when we are supposedly flush with money? Are we cheaping out again? Other teams can sign these players but we can't. It's always about the money, it seems. We give a "final offer" & sit back & someone signs a player or a coach we want right in front of our frigging noses. I'm beginning to think things haven't changed & the excuses will be starting real soon. Well, they already have... What a crappy off season. 

Why are we losing out on so many players when we are supposedly flush with money? Are we cheaping out again? I'm beginning to think things haven't changed & the excuses will be starting real soon. Well, they already have...

It was reported the Bombers had the highest offer in for Craig Butler. Alexander also said the Bombers made the best offer of multiple offers. Many feel the Bombers overpaid for Nick Moore.

Those are just a few examples. Can't always control where a player decides to sign.

Why are we losing out on so many players when we are supposedly flush with money? Are we cheaping out again? I'm beginning to think things haven't changed & the excuses will be starting real soon. Well, they already have...

It was reported the Bombers had the highest offer in for Craig Butler. Alexander also said the Bombers made the best offer of multiple offers. Many feel the Bombers overpaid for Nick Moore.

Those are just a few examples. Can't always control where a player decides to sign.

I think we just draw a line in the sand & say that's it money wise when we could do more. And we don't.  That's how I am reading this. We were told we'd be aggressive in FA & to an extent we are. But let's face it, Hamilton has been very aggressive doing things I thought we'd be doing. It's very frustrating. We need a guy like McCune to shore up our MLB position & bring a lot of toughness. Instead, we'll have some cheaper rookie inside getting torched.