Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

They currently have far better quarterbacking than we do. I would be surprised if they don't blow us out.

Who's Henry's main target right now? Aaron Hargreaves? Your point about quarterbacking right now by the way, is nothing more than an assumption. Henry was pulled a number of times last year for good reason, with MUCH better talent around him. McManus had Willy at #1 for a reason.

Top 10 FA Signings according to CFL.ca:

1. Henry Burris - REDBLACKS:  "The arrival of Collaros in Hamilton made the 38-year-old expendable, thus placing him in the free agency pool a little earlier than expected. He'll start in Ottawa, giving them some sure-fire experience under centre right away."

2. Josh Bourke - Alouettes:  "There was some chatter that Bourke would opt to leave Montreal after seven seasons, but the Alouettes showed how important the right guard was to their franchise, re-signing him to a new two-year deal."

3. Zach Collaros - Ticats:  "He entered the market a little early, but he didn't last long, as he was almost immediately scooped up by Austin's Tiger-Cats. He'll be the focal point of a young and rising Hamilton offence."

4. Shea Emry - Argonauts:  "Emry automatically improves the calibre of Toronto's front seven. Look for him to shine brightly in new defensive coordinator Tim Burke's defence."

5. Nick Moore - Bombers:  "Even before the retirement of Terrence Edwards, Moore's arrival in Winnipeg was a big one. Does he become their new number one target effective immediately?"

6. Craig Butler - Ticats:  "Kent Austin has already said he plans on using Butler at safety, meaning he'll return to the position he started his career at. A solid Canadian signing by the Ticats."

7. Pat Watkins - Eskimos:  "New Eskimos head coach Chris Jones made it a priority to grab one of his most dangerous assets from his time as the Argos' defensive coordinator. Watkins will certainly boost an Edmonton defence that ranked last in the West with 15 interceptions. "

8. Cary Koch - Ticats:  "You can never have enough depth at any position, so it comes as no surprise to see the Ticats add to an already deep group of receivers by signing Koch." 

9. Jovon Johnson - REDBLACKS:  "Having a proven, veteran presence on the defensive side of the ball will help the young REDBLACKS move through any growing pains that can arise during an expansion year."

10. Chris Milo - Saskatchewan: "There's no downside to having a consistent kicker on your side, making Brendan Taman's decision to re-sign his nearly-automatic Canadian a smart and easy one." 

I'm just going to assume you haven't watched any alouettes games in a while

Yup, on paper he's definitely a fullback

And plays mostly out of the backfield, catches balls in the flats, like a fullback does. To call a guy with 353 CAREER receiving yards one of the best NI receivers in the league, sorry to say is beyond stupid. Is Lavoie good at what he does? Sure, absolutely. One of the best NI receivers in the league though? Not a chance in hell.

lol

"On paper" he's a fullback, but he's definitely a receiver and in your estimation, one of the best in the league. Everyone would know that as long as they'd watched some Alouette games recently, right.

I'm assuming you're referring to the 6 games he played last year where he recorded a grand total of 6 catches, all of them stemming from routes he ran out of the backfield as a fullback.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lavoie is one hell of a player and I'm aware of how Trestman used him in 2012 but even then, he was a tight end. He showed potential, but he's nowhere close to a top NI receiver in this league. Even if he wasn't coming off an ankle injury and back surgery that held him out almost an entire year, he'd be a wait-and-see type guy. Even more so now.

Forget last year - with trestman, he was a fullback playing like a slotback - he will be used the same way again...

Laugh all you want, lavoie is not a traditional cfl fullback... I'd love to have him on the bombers - I see nick lewis-type potential imo

Not sure how you can compare Lavoie to Nik Lewis at all.  Their skill set is entirely different. 

Forget last year - with trestman, he was a fullback playing like a slotback - he will be used the same way again...

Laugh all you want, lavoie is not a traditional cfl fullback... I'd love to have him on the bombers - I see nick lewis-type potential imo

Not sure how you can compare Lavoie to Nik Lewis at all.  Their skill set is entirely different. 

I don't know if you can compare anyone to Nik Lewis. He is one of my favorite guys to watch when they catch him on the sidelines after a big play or a contoversial ruling. He's friggen hilarious love him or hate him. 

I don't know if you can compare anyone to Nik Lewis. He is one of my favorite guys to watch when they catch him on the sidelines after a big play or a contoversial ruling. He's friggen hilarious love him or hate him. 

With his size Nik Lewis' atheticism is just insane....

I love how we say finding an inmport rec is no prob then freak out because the redblacks ONLY have miles and johnson

Lavoie is one of the best NI rec in the league

I love how we say finding an inmport rec is no prob then freak out because the redblacks ONLY have miles and johnson

Lavoie is one of the best NI rec in the league

First of all, he is a fullback/H-back. Second of all, since when does one decent rookie season and one season completely ravaged by injury leading him to go unprotected in an expansion draft make him one of the best NI "receivers" in the league? This just seems to me like a situation where you've heard of his name and he's not on the bombers so he must be great. Even at positions that he doesn't play.

Fine, I should have said will be one of the best. And clarified that I look at him as a fb-sb so that mr perfect didn't freakout.

As for lewis, I see lavoie as the same lumbering type rec with deceptive speed and great hands

I didn't freak out at all actually. I simply called you out for making a stupid post, which you are unable to admit to. I'm far from the only one calling you out for what you said. Don't be getting your knickers in a knot at me because you made a foolish comment.

Fine, I should have said will be one of the best. And clarified that I look at him as a fb-sb so that mr perfect didn't freakout.

As for lewis, I see lavoie as the same lumbering type rec with deceptive speed and great hands

Lumbering is an interesting way to describe a guy that has become famous for jumping over defenders to avoid tackles.

Lumbering is an interesting way to describe a guy that has become famous for jumping over defenders to avoid tackles.

Maybe he works at Rona in the off-season?

lol

"On paper" he's a fullback, but he's definitely a receiver and in your estimation, one of the best in the league. Everyone would know that as long as they'd watched some Alouette games recently, right.

I'm assuming you're referring to the 6 games he played last year where he recorded a grand total of 6 catches, all of them stemming from routes he ran out of the backfield as a fullback.

I knew kels was gonna get lit up for that off-base comment and you guys havent disappointed. He is an exceptional pass catching FB, no arguement but hes definitely not an elite receiver or some key cog in an offensive scheme.. Hes an awesome add on tho, we can only hope fitzgerald comes along like lavoie does..