Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

Ted Laurent telling teams he won't make a decision until after the NFL Draft ... so 3 months.

as long as, Walters is willing to engage in bidding when that happens, thats ok

It will be tough ... he lives in Montreal, so they have a leg up. He'll have lots of interested teams.

Ted Laurent telling teams he won't make a decision until after the NFL Draft ... so 3 months.

as long as, Walters is willing to engage in bidding when that happens, thats ok

It will be tough ... he lives in Montreal, so they have a leg up. He'll have lots of interested teams.

Time to send in our women...

Wow…still 4 more free agent camps on the horizon, and we must have had 4 already.

Gonna find some players.

City: Monroe, Louisiana 
Date: Friday February 28th, 2014

City: Dallas, TX

Date: Saturday March 1, 2014

City: Houston, TX 
Date: Sunday March 2, 2014

City: SALINA, KANSAS 
Date: Saturday, March 15th, 2014

• 6 CFL teams will attend the BSN National Scouting Combine held Feb. 26 & 27 in Virginia
    • In attendance will be BC, Montreal, Ottawa, Saskatchewan, Toronto and Winnipeg

Don't mind the additional competition at NI Safety, or a depth DB, but just wish Alexander was more of a special teams ace.  Depth DB's need to be special teams aces. 

That's exactly my concern about it. How does he fit on the roster? I don't expect him to end up starting at safety for us and if he's not starting, why put him on the 42 if he's not a solid ST guy?

A bit baffled by this one - we're loading up at Safety and still pretty thin everywhere else...  Maybe the plan is for two NI DBs...???

I actually think Alexander has more of a chance to be our starting Safety than anyone - just wondering where Newman fits

Kind of a shame we shipped Aprile for Bucknor imo

A bit baffled by this one - we're loading up at Safety and still pretty thin everywhere else...  Maybe the plan is for two NI DBs...???

I actually think Alexander has more of a chance to be our starting Safety than anyone - just wondering where Newman fits

I agree on Aprile but on the other hand it didn't sound like he had much interest in playing in Winnipeg. He didn't even bother to show up at camp last year.

it's been rumored that Aprile soured with the Bombers and doesn't want to come here

we need 4 DB/S to line up on DL in one of Etch's scheme

In the overall quest to find better pieces to fit our roster, I don't mind this signing.

It'll be harder to find experienced  NI personnel, so although this may be a lateral move, quality wise, it's got to be an upgrade overall.

Sign him, let him compete in TC, no harm done.

I'm interested to see what they do with the Canadian(s) in the secondary.  They seem to be loading up to ensure some flexibility there.

I'm actually worried that we're stocking up on Non-Imports because we're weak in Non-Imports; with little regard for fit with our needs. 

Maybe Alexander will show up to TC with a gunner's mentality as his best chance to make this team, and I hope so.  Just don't see his fit otherwise, with Muamba and Newman already rostered, and Newman being an ST ace.

Unless this is the background work in a ploy to have Newman replace Sofa, have Alexander back him up, and release Sofa...

as far as DI spots are concerned, i'm expecting the Bombers to use it for:

(1) KR / PR - I'm expecting O'shea wants to have a dedicated guy on that.

(2) Backup IMP RB - Marcel loves to utilize 2 RB sets, run game is the bread and butter of his offense.

(3) one in D, im guessing it will be an imp LB who can play MLB or WIL

this maybe the reason why they are loading more NI on the secondary since they are expecting NI backups there.