Miles or Marshall...

Floyd

Five hundred H1N1 cases in Alberta with over 200 in hospital & I believe 5 deaths. Those are scary stats. Glad I got my flu shot last October.

LOL...3.5 million people in Alberta and a whole 5 people died from this with 200 in the hospital?  How is that scary stats?

That's like telling me I better not drive because there are more deaths from getting in a car accident then from getting H1N1.

derailed.jpg

those stats for the flu are useless without comparing them to the normal yearly average. How about some info about those people who died, I'll guarantee they were already sickly people, you know the old or something, people with shaky immune systems to start with. Call me when the flu starts taking down healthy young people, then I'll worry. 

those stats for the flu are useless without comparing them to the normal yearly average. How about some info about those people who died, I'll guarantee they were already sickly people, you know the old or something, people with shaky immune systems to start with. Call me when the flu starts taking down healthy young people, then I'll worry. 

Start worrying...

http://www.freep.com/article/20140103/NEWS06/301030076/H1N1-flu-university-of-michigan-deaths-hsoitalizations-vaccine

Three adults have died, according to a health system spokeswoman. An infant from central Michigan also has died from H1N1, according to the Michigan Department of Community Health.

“These deaths are among previously healthy individuals. This is not the group that the public usually thinks about as being susceptible to serious illness with influenza,” said Dr. Matt Davis, chief medical executive for the state health department and a U-M professor of pediatrics and communicable diseases and of internal medicine.

Is it possible we are just waiting for Miles' contract year to end with Sask?

Thank you for bringing this thread back.

Well...I mean I have plenty of the flu stuff too if people want to hear it...

No let's not. I could go on rants too, I think we all could. This is the football forum let's stick to ranting about the Bombers. There's the general forum if people are jonesing to rant about some flu. The human race has survived worse and we're all still here.

So I wonder if they've continued interviewing for the other positions or are waiting to start again this Monday.

I'm pretty sure I don't like this piece of news….

Barron Miles, a former Lions teammate of the new defensive assistant, was taken out of the running when he accepted a two-year contract to remain with the Saskatchewan Roughriders as a defensive backs coach.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Jarious+Jackson+departure+leaves+Lions+with+hole+coach/9350796/story.html

Now I am getting concerned.

Barron Miles, a former Lions teammate of the new defensive assistant, was taken out of the running when he accepted a two-year contract to remain with the Saskatchewan Roughriders as a defensive backs coach.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Jarious+Jackson+departure+leaves+Lions+with+hole+coach/9350796/story.html

I'm not sure if you should be yet. The Riders announced their defensive coaching staff on December 14 and the rumours about Miles being in line for the Bombers DC position started after that. Also the position in BC would have been LB coach compared to DC.

Did you know the Riders have 2 DB coaches on their coaching staff right now which seems weird.

I'm not sure if you should be yet. The Riders announced their defensive coaching staff on December 14 and the rumours about Miles being in line for the Bombers DC position started after that. Also the position in BC would have been LB coach compared to DC.

Did you know the Riders have 2 DB coaches on their coaching staff right now which seems weird.

OK, I'll agree to be only half-way concerned or conch. but this info sure seems odd as is this whole situation now.

I'm anticipating some news this upcoming week and I'm still pulling for Miles.

I am more disappointed that Jarious Jackson went to Edmonton in essentially a lateral move...  He would have been a good QB coach.  Of course, I am assuming (desperately hoping) that a QB coach is in our master plan...

I might be wondering why the bomber office is closed until Jan 8th if other teams are still filling positions, etc?  Barrette sure would have been a nice pickup...

I am more disappointed that Jarious Jackson went to Edmonton in essentially a lateral move... He would have been a good QB coach. Of course, I am assuming (desperately hoping) that a QB coach is in our master plan...

I might be wondering why the bomber office is closed until Jan 8th if other teams are still filling positions, etc? Barrette sure would have been a nice pickup...

Why would Jarious Jackson be considered a good pickup for qb coach?

The guy never excelled as a player and was never known As a smart qb. He was a guy with a big arm that never won a starting job...

I am more disappointed that Jarious Jackson went to Edmonton in essentially a lateral move...  He would have been a good QB coach.  Of course, I am assuming (desperately hoping) that a QB coach is in our master plan...

I might be wondering why the bomber office is closed until Jan 8th if other teams are still filling positions, etc?  Barrette sure would have been a nice pickup...

What makes you think the Bombers were the only team whose office was closed over the holiday? There hasn't been any official announcement about Jackson joining the Eskimos. 

Something I didn't notice in the article posted by Mr. Dee when I first read it:

The coaching carousel will continue to revolve with Lions contracts not complete until Jan. 31, but there is already player unrest even though the club normally doesn’t dive into personnel matters until the middle of January when general manager Wally Buono returns from vacation.

I guess some people may be waiting longer than initially thought for the contracts of coaches to expire. IIRC there have been a number of comments at various forums saying it was Dec 31. I would expect the date would be pretty standard around the league.

CFL News @CFL_News53m

Either Barron Miles or Greg Marshall will be the new defensive co-ordinator for the #Bombers. #CFL

If it's Miles, it will be defensive coordinating by committee with O'Shea's background and all.

What makes you say that?  Just because O'S used to be a linebacker?  He's never coached positionally before, let alone coordinated a defense.  The

True but by your logic O'Shea shouldn't be a head coach either just because he's been a special teams coordinator. As well, coaching by committee can work if done appropriately. It's not about the head coach wearing multiple hats (like lapo did with his head coaching duties and the offense), it's about the coaching team actually operating as high performing team where each individual knows when to lead, knows when to follow and knows when the get the he'll out of the way. All coaches need to be receptive to other coaches inputs but not obligated to enact it. O'Shea can provide input and empower his coaches. It can be done if he has that special skill set to do it.

Despite that, the sense I'm getting from him anyways, is that he is the type to just let his guys do their jobs.  He'll have his plate full enough.

CFL News @CFL_News53m

Either Barron Miles or Greg Marshall will be the new defensive co-ordinator for the #Bombers. #CFL

If it's Miles, it will be defensive coordinating by committee with O'Shea's background and all.

What makes you say that?  Just because O'S used to be a linebacker?  He's never coached positionally before, let alone coordinated a defense.  

Despite that, the sense I'm getting from him anyways, is that he is the type to just let his guys do their jobs.  He'll have his plate full enough.

What makes you think the Bombers were the only team whose office was closed over the holiday? There hasn't been any official announcement about Jackson joining the Eskimos. 

Something I didn't notice in the article posted by Mr. Dee when I first read it:

The coaching carousel will continue to revolve with Lions contracts not complete until Jan. 31, but there is already player unrest even though the club normally doesn’t dive into personnel matters until the middle of January when general manager Wally Buono returns from vacation.

I guess some people may be waiting longer than initially thought for the contracts of coaches to expire. IIRC there have been a number of comments at various forums saying it was Dec 31. I would expect the date would be pretty standard around the league.

Well, I wouldn't say that BC is exactly having a 'great' off-season...  Sask, Ottawa and Edmonton offices seem to be open

And, yeah, I don't expect official announcements... but rumours and an extension or two aside from Morley/Renaud would be great

I hope this Miles extension at Sask is over-blown... a Marshall D is a depressing thought.

Ya, why weren't the Bombers in on Barrette?  He was a free agent NI.

The guy has never dressed for a CFL game in 3 years since being drafted... Not sure missing out on him is a big deal

Not dressing in Montreal is a bit different from other teams...

If this year's draft is as thing as people say, signing any NI OL seems like a big deal... even if he ends up TCF

The guy has never dressed for a CFL game in 3 years since being drafted... Not sure missing out on him is a big deal

I want to know how talking about Jarious Jackson morphed into debating whether or not a hair clasp was ever a good QB coach?

I want to know how talking about Jarious Jackson morphed into debating whether or not a hair clasp was ever a good QB coach?

We could talk about the flu again if you want?