2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I really hope we play the best players we possibly can under the ratio rules. Whether  that is 7 NATS or 10. Couldn't care less how many we start if they are our best option. If they are not that's when we need to start counting how many we are using.

this

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I really hope we play the best players we possibly can under the ratio rules. Whether  that is 7 NATS or 10. Couldn't care less how many we start if they are our best option. If they are not that's when we need to start counting how many we are using.

Of course. However I see no way that can be done with 10 or 9 starting nis. 
 Look at any imp on our roster. Look at their college experience and athletic numbers. Then ask your self, where would they be drafted as an ni? Or try to find one imp who wouldn’t go in the first round. 

5 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

That’s thoughtful and you’re not wrong about any of those instances. 

My roster management thing is more like: If our interior DL was able to push the pocket, we would have won that cup against Montreal by 10+, making those other what-ifs irrelevant. 

I can agree with that belief too, although maybe it would have made no difference even if we got more push. Maybe it would have made all the difference in the world (and a compelling argument can be made). Whether the lack of push was coaching schemes, bad rotation implementation due to bad roster decisions leaving no usable back-ups, or just plain we got outplayed by the opposition that day, who can say with certainty? Maybe a different roster deployment would have made the difference, maybe not. It’s opinion, not fact. And maybe all the what ifs on plays I suggested would have made no difference (i.e.Brady doesn’t fumble in the red zone but we still get nothing because something else like a gassed field goal happens, no one knows for sure).  I just see what actually happened in plays and can say “that tangibly cost us something” as opposed to “not dressing that guy was clearly the wrong decision” as the more accurate explanation for why we lost that day. Again, just my opinion. 

10 hours ago, bearpants said:

I believe it was Parker that got burnt on the 3rd and 5 shot...

this is all correct... but the point Colin was making is despite all of that... we still could've won the game with one makable play

And I agree there. We can count up a half dozen plays in that game, and any one of them flips the other way, and we very well see a much happier outcome. So many games can come down to those half dozen plays as a strong factor in switching the outcome. The agony and ecstasy of sport. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

He didn't win this battle. I'm not sure who could have really covered this better. Ford looks ready for a big season.

He did good I mean lawler is that kind of guy. Must be insane to be a db in this camp lol. 
the tug on the jersey could do with out though. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I’ll be honest. I’m not convinced we have 7 legit starting Canadians. So to start 9 10. That would be handicapping ourselves pretty big time. 

the 3 ol, demski, woli, brady, Lawson that’s a strong 7. Plus ford. Lawson is a beast and played great last year. He should be the starter and see the most dt snaps. But we will Jake that all up I’m sure. 

The O going 2 and out constantly didn’t help either. People like to blame the D but our O was ****.  Collaros sucked. If we gonna revisit the cup game I think you need to point more fingers at collaros and the O who pretty much did nothing for 50 minutes. 

lol people still pretending kramdi won’t be starting after starting last year and signing a new 3 year deal. Seriously? 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

The O going 2 and out constantly didn’t help either. People like to blame the D but our O was ****.  Collaros sucked. If we gonna revisit the cup game I think you need to point more fingers at collaros and the O who pretty much did nothing for 50 minutes. 

lol people still pretending kramdi won’t be starting after starting last year and signing a new 3 year deal. Seriously? 

He started because ford wasn’t here. Kramdi isnt going any where, and he’s the ideal guy to have as the back up db and package guy. 

23 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Osh 4 wins away from 100. Pretty impressive. Only grant has more and believe it’s 102 wins. Quietly O’Shea is becoming the goat of bomber coaches. 

If O'Shea passes Grant in playoff wins then undoubtedly he would be the top coach in Bomber history.

Bud has 15 playoff wins and Mike sits at 8. You'd think a few Grey Cups would be included in those additional wins.

Edited by WinnipegGordo

Just now, wbbfan said:

He started because ford wasn’t here. Kramdi isnt going any where, and he’s the ideal guy to have as the back up db and package guy. 

yeah...Kramdi started last yr...but shouldnt have,,,,and shouldnt this yr either....we should be starting Woli...NO....Demski....3 olineman and Lawson as defacto designated starters on each side of ball....really anything after that should not happen unless a NI blows any import at his spot right out of the water...and Can't see that happening...That being said I would like to see an 8th on defence...Hopefu;;y it's Ford as he is our next best Canadian there and would not hburt us in the slightest at boundary corner or SAM and has most upside of any NI we currently have here....That way we can freely rotate in an extra DI which would greatly improve our front.....more than 8 is a waste and making us a weaker starting 24

5 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

If Gautier starts at MLB by my count that's 11 Canadian starters in week 1.   I wonder when was the last time that happened in the CFL. Would be kind of a neat achievement to see them start 12 Canadians and 12 Americans. 

The last time I would have seen it was in the 1980’s when you had to roster 11 starting Canadians including special teams IIRC. The standard make-up was 5 Canadians on the o-line, starting fullback, two slot backs, and on defence the safety and the nose tackle, for 10 there, plus the kicker/punter (one doing dual work, or both being Canadian). And the Bombers once had an extra Canadian start with House/Poplawski at slot, the 5 OL (Walby, Bonk, Bastaja, Moors, Nemeth, and later Bauer, Black, Molle and Rodehuskers), Kehoe, Huklack or Hudson at fullback, Bennett, Flagel, or Allen at safety and Mikawod at nose tackle. Add Cameron/Kennerd and we had 12. The extra starter was  Darryl Sampson at halfback, as his mom was Jamaican I believe so he actually qualified as a Canadian starter, so we could roster 13 Canadian starters. 

21 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I've got a shiny nickel for each of you who finally decides to shut the **** up about last years cup.

Ok I’ll shut up. Actually no, we should’ve had that one too. You can have your nickleback 

50 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I've got a shiny nickel for each of you who finally decides to shut the **** up about last years cup.

Nah, don't- I'd probably just drop it...

Like the Bombers did in last years Grey Cup

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The sdsu connections up here are real strong. 

They both played at South Dakota though... which is where Tre Thomas also spent most of his career

Bombers do not have any players from South Dakota State at this time