2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Hansen and CLements are not signed...and for all the Kramdi love...many here must have low expectations or are happy with kinda adequate...but he's the weakest sam in the league ..and is average at best at most things...and exceptional at nothing...we need some serious help at linebacker...recruits or sign someone

I agree tho Younger will deploy a more traditional backfield and will be a huge plus for BA to actually play a true safety role

I see Fox as a breakout player and am fine with him and another import locking down a spot to rotate in with him and Lawson..theres a few interesting prospects coming in..but like to see us bring in another vet for depth and rotation... Kongbo for passport...plus fact he excelled here...I don't look at his last yr and a bit as anything but being in poor environments

Our DLine depth with Thomas ..Bennett is weak..weak...Schmeckle as well has no real future and even the other kid coming back..Kornelson is undersized and offers no wow factor either...work needs to be done there prior to TC

Lawson...WJ..Haha..Garbutt..Fox are nice pieces...but after that...eeeeck...

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ivy is very undersized, I think I read. Like Koala sized. 6'2" 280 or something....

Yeah pretty meh imo.  I expect most of the Ts we had in camp the last year ish to be back for this tc though. 

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah Hansen and CLements are not signed...and for all the Kramdi love...many here must have low expectations or are happy with kinda adequate...but he's the weakest sam in the league ..and is average at best at most things...and exceptional at nothing...we need some serious help at linebacker...recruits or sign someone

I agree tho Younger will deploy a more traditional backfield and will be a huge plus for BA to actually play a true safety role

I see Fox as a breakout player and am fine with him and another import locking down a spot to rotate in with him and Lawson..theres a few interesting prospects coming in..but like to see us bring in another vet for depth and rotation... Kongbo for passport...plus fact he excelled here...I don't look at his last yr and a bit as anything but being in poor environments

Our DLine depth with Thomas ..Bennett is weak..weak...Schmeckle as well has no real future and even the other kid coming back..Kornelson is undersized and offers no wow factor either...work needs to be done there prior to TC

Lawson...WJ..Haha..Garbutt..Fox are nice pieces...but after that...eeeeck...

You’re right.  Hansen I think the only limiting factor will be health. That guy loves football. If he can get and stay healthy he will be back. 
 I think Clement’s will be back, though I also think getting an imp lber the same quality is some thing our scouting team should be able to do. 

Kramdi ideally is a back up db to ford. Or in general. If he takes a step forward that could change but he has to make that improvement first. 

the impact on ba is interesting to consider. We aren’t generally slow to get rid of over the hill or dbs who can’t recover from injuries. So maybe the two years out from surgery and JY running the D could be huge for BA. If he goes back to his prior level of play and impact that’s a game changer. If he can’t, then we need to move on and I don’t think they’ll hesitate to do so in camp if that’s the case. 

We definitely need to add dl depth especially ni dl quality. Draft, kongbo, trade even drafting a global would be great. 
He’s older, but jagared Davis would be a good low risk high reward guy to bring into camp. He’s not a guy you can pencil in as a starter, but a great lemon Esq upside guy who can push rookies and would be cheap. I’m sure Hamilton would be looking to move on from his deal. He’s really close with wj too. 

It’s ideal to bring in some low cost league vets to push rookies for camp. 

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

Didn't open mine...he may have got better...but still worst in league...not a big accomplishment..

To be fair, very few teams go ni at Sam. He’s a better Sam than the hallets are safety’s. Usually that’s where the passport is hidden and it becomes a make the td saving tackle spot instead of a real coverage aid or play maker. 

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah pretty meh imo.  I expect most of the Ts we had in camp the last year ish to be back for this tc though. 

You’re right.  Hansen I think the only limiting factor will be health. That guy loves football. If he can get and stay healthy he will be back. 
 I think Clement’s will be back, though I also think getting an imp lber the same quality is some thing our scouting team should be able to do. 

Kramdi ideally is a back up db to ford. Or in general. If he takes a step forward that could change but he has to make that improvement first. 

the impact on ba is interesting to consider. We aren’t generally slow to get rid of over the hill or dbs who can’t recover from injuries. So maybe the two years out from surgery and JY running the D could be huge for BA. If he goes back to his prior level of play and impact that’s a game changer. If he can’t, then we need to move on and I don’t think they’ll hesitate to do so in camp if that’s the case. 

We definitely need to add dl depth especially ni dl quality. Draft, kongbo, trade even drafting a global would be great. 
He’s older, but jagared Davis would be a good low risk high reward guy to bring into camp. He’s not a guy you can pencil in as a starter, but a great lemon Esq upside guy who can push rookies and would be cheap. I’m sure Hamilton would be looking to move on from his deal. He’s really close with wj too. 

It’s ideal to bring in some low cost league vets to push rookies for camp. 

To be fair, very few teams go ni at Sam. He’s a better Sam than the hallets are safety’s. Usually that’s where the passport is hidden and it becomes a make the td saving tackle spot instead of a real coverage aid or play maker. 

Yeah...I don't want a Hallett long-term at safety either...kramdi at SAM over Hallett to me is like picking the tallest little person...we really don't even need to go Canadian at sam anyway...I would like to just declare 1 national on defence and use it on the Line...with Lawson ..as the main guy...but that's what makes Kongbo a key add...or another producing Canadian....via draft...FA or trade...we got 10 picks...maybe get a guy like how we landed Lawson.

And we could rotate a Ford or Kramdi in at times to go 2 import DT's as well as times or a cheetah package with 3 de's and Kongbo

Another thing to really allow some defensive flex is tag Biggie as your Nationalized Player and actually use him as such 29 times a game and roll all Import....Walters and Miller should tell Osh to.suck it up..out aside his dislike of the rule and use it to make us better

“Winnipeg is facing a crisis at the offensive tackle position following the surprise retirement of backup Drew Richmond and the expected departure of all-star Jermarcus Hardrick in free agency to the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Ivey is expected to be part of the open competition for that position.”

Closed circuit to John Hodge:

Tone it down. You’re honestly about as click bait as click bait gets. 

While you’re at it - stop stealing posts, thoughts, and ideas of people from this board and passing them off as your own. 

Edited by Geebrr

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

“Winnipeg is facing a crisis at the offensive tackle position following the surprise retirement of backup Drew Richmond and the expected departure of all-star Jermarcus Hardrick in free agency to the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Ivey is expected to be part of the open competition for that position.”

Closed circuit to John Hodge:

Tone it down. You’re honestly about as click bait as click bait gets. 

While you’re at it - stop stealing posts, thoughts, and ideas of people from this board and passing them off as your own. 

Honestly for the most part our sports journalists are not very good. Just my opinion, but I find they have gone very "click baity"

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I need free agency to open. Signing players we had last year is great, but I am anxious to see where we start to make improvements. Recruitment (or at least development/deployment of recruits) kind of sucked last year, so hopefully there is a surprise or two in free agency coming our way.

I don't see Walters doing much early. He's still looking for value signings later in free agency. The holes will have to be filled with new Americans and draft picks.