2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Richmond technically has never signed an actual yearly contract filed to the league...Just practice roster agreements...so yes....he could be on a minimum deal but I bet we pay him a bit more...insignificant in the grand scheme

I bet too...but no way were we gonna offer him more than Stan...who took a shave....and truthfully...we kept the right Tackle

Technically we kept the “Left Tackle” 😉

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Looks like a well rounded dynamic threat. Running, catching, returning. Pro day had some great numbers including a 4.4 40, 10’ broad jump 37” vert 15 reps. Great quickness and agility numbers too. Stood 5’8 195. 
 I love the north south running. All he needs is an angle and he isn’t trying to Keith stokes it. Hits the hole really fast. Very smooth acceleration with a nice top gear. Flashes some good hands, and I love the physicality too. Very grant Esq is being small but deceptively strong. Don’t expect a guy like that to bounce off people or push the pile but he takes people by surprise. I love this as a returner, back or gmc multi threat guy. Great camp prospect. 

Have the guy from Rutgers/Wisconsin too who is a return threat and played all over offensively, slot, tailback, even wildcat QB.  Piled up yards offensively and generally.

Would be nice if going import tailback to have a backup who can play some receiver too, return punts.  Would be nice even if Oliviera is back to have a guy like that in a DI spot.

Grant could run the odd jet sweep but he really wasn't a competent receiver or a guy who could take the ball from tailback spot...or block from backfield.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Have the guy from Rutgers/Wisconsin too who is a return threat and played all over offensively, slot, tailback, even wildcat QB.  Piled up yards offensively and generally.

Would be nice if going import tailback to have a backup who can play some receiver too, return punts.  Would be nice even if Oliviera is back to have a guy like that in a DI spot.

Grant could run the odd jet sweep but he really wasn't a competent receiver or a guy who could take the ball from tailback spot...or block from backfield.

I could see both those guys on roster...Smith as the RB and Cruickshank DA'd as returner, as well as in on offense...You would have JA as the in game RB backup, as well as 2 guys with return skill....and all 3 at the cost of what BO wants

Ronnie Brown out of Sheperd is a pretty nuts D2 guy too Bombers have signed for camp.  Senior season,8.5 yards per carry , 9 100 yard rushing games, 3 200 plus yard rushing game, exactly 3000 all purpose yards 24 total TDs in 15 games, so 200 yards per game average.  Junior season 9 ypc too with fewer touches.

Not big, not fast but fast enough 4.6 range but did everything.  Runs routes too, not just static receptions, catching on the run, downfield.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ronnie Brown out of Sheperd is a pretty nuts D2 guy too Bombers have signed for camp.  Senior season,8.5 yards per carry , 9 100 yard rushing games, 3 200 plus yard rushing game, exactly 3000 all purpose yards 24 total TDs in 15 games, so 200 yards per game average.  Junior season 9 ypc too with fewer touches.

Not big, not fast but fast enough 4.6 range but did everything.  Runs routes too, not just static receptions, catching on the run, downfield.

Yeah ..think if you read the tea leaves it's telling us BO won't be back unless he pulls a 180 ...as in signs for that...

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

I could see both those guys on roster...Smith as the RB and Cruickshank DA'd as returner, as well as in on offense...You would have JA as the in game RB backup, as well as 2 guys with return skill....and all 3 at the cost of what BO wants

Watch as both tear up camp and get cut for gmc LOL. 
 I really want to see a dangerous imp rb get a decent number of Carries for us on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Yeah ..think if you read the tea leaves it's telling us BO won't be back unless he pulls a 180 ...as in signs for that...

I’m ok if we lose one or even both tbh. As long as we use that money to add on D. If we lose both and just use that money to give raises to old guys I’m going to lose my mind. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Watch as both tear up camp and get cut for gmc LOL. 
 I really want to see a dangerous imp rb get a decent number of Carries for us on a regular basis. 

I’m ok if we lose one or even both tbh. As long as we use that money to add on D. If we lose both and just use that money to give raises to old guys I’m going to lose my mind. 

Yeah...same...that would be just a colossal fail...if we lose our on Dalton and BO then I hope we load up Hendrix...Barlow and Bennett...and go 2 legit import backs for RB1 and RB2/returner...and add Coxie...Barlow for big numbers strictly in rotation...I see him being breakout defender to whomever gives him starter reps...hope it's here 

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...same...that would be just a colossal fail...if we lose our on Dalton and BO then I hope we load up Hendrix...Barlow and Bennett...and go 2 legit import backs for RB1 and RB2/returner...and add Coxie...Barlow for big numbers strictly in rotation...I see him being breakout defender to whomever gives him starter reps...hope it's here 

Imagine the offence with strevy playing read option to a dangerous kr rb with lawler Demski woli Bailey and rook imp wr. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Imagine the offence with strevy playing read option to a dangerous kr rb with lawler Demski woli Bailey and rook imp wr. 

Dare to dream...

I wouldn't be opposed then as well to use money on BOLO if Schoen gets offered a stupid amount... Demski..Lawler..Woli..Bolo and Bailey with a explosive import back and a a dynamic returner with offensive chops would not be a bad offense either....and we.coukd.ratio tweak and go all import DLine and rotate Lawson and hopefully a Bennett amd.Kongbo in...and set jake.free or trade him ....throw our Bennett and Schmaeckke into the deal as well for some new balls and kicking tees

Edited by Booch

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

Dare to dream...

I wouldn't be opposed then as well to use money on BOLO if Schoen gets offered a stupid amount... Demski..Lawler..Woli..Bolo and Bailey with a explosive import back and a a dynamic returner with offensive chops would not be a bad offense either....and we.coukd.ratio tweak and go all import DLine and rotate Lawson and hopefully a Bennett amd.Kongbo in...and set jake.free or trade him ....throw our Bennett and Schmaeckke into the deal as well for some new balls and kicking tees

I def want bolo back. He’s ready to take a big step forward imo. 
 Re invest in the D with some young blood and the team this year can be better than last years squad. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

We need to figure out the best one and send him to camp in fatigues. 

Yup...get him a U.S.M.C tattoo

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I def want bolo back. He’s ready to take a big step forward imo. 
 Re invest in the D with some young blood and the team this year can be better than last years squad. 

He leaves ..gets used...we will be pissed to see his results 

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I did indeed mean jack of all trades.

Cuz the jack off all the trades guys are completely different animals. Aquarius i hear is a popular spot for these fellas not a football field however that would likely be quite enjoyable. 

anyways, so silence with Brady and dalton is good? 

Edited by Goalie

56 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

You guys discussing all these rookie rb/wrs/jack off all trades offensive weapons we've brought in has me excited. However did any serve in the military? Heck, were any of them in the Scouts?

Shhhhhh, Osh is lurking.......