Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

and according to Osh ecveryguy is a number 1.....so to back track on that is also a bit of a hypocritical statement....If I was a guy who lost out on the chance to help the team, when being 100% healthy I'd be a bit miffed/pissed and think...do I need to stay here?

no...I dont like it....was more something I saw and a per-emptive warning I guess...I seen it right from TC when we let a ,lot of talent walk away and basically just gave spots to returning guys

I saw it in TC too. Something stunk when we let all those DT prospects go

Just now, GCn20 said:

Bottom line....we had 46 men on this roster that could have stepped up and made a play. They didn't and we lost.

well....2 of the 46 were not 100 percent and shouldn't have played....another.....Jackson served no purpose....Bennett as well.....why?....Thomas too.....We would have been better served to have had Kelley on the roster for defensive backfield depth and ST coverage which he excels at....Rose should also have been on corner too

So by my count there were 6 guys placed on roster that did nothing for us to help get the W....

Just now, Goalie said:

What are you thinking if you are Kyle walters now? I'd almost need to demand to have equal say with the coach for real cuz it must have been a battle this season. Guys brought in, cut 2 weeks later meanwhile Jackson and schmekel stick all year 

Yeah you wonder.  Is there a push from some to get a better mix and a refusal in some corners to move on from guys?

I think as a fanbase we deserve a little honesty from MOS.  There's no game next week.  You can say "we ****** up" because the whole world watched it man.

Just now, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

They put up 24 points... made a TD when they needed it at the end... 

The Defence allowed 4 tds to s Cofaj lead offense... 

dont-even-say-it-jack-donaghy.gif

Our high powered vaunted offence who averaged 33 points put up 24 points today. The O (Collaros) sucked ****. 

The highest paid guy was a no show yet again 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

well....2 of the 46 were not 100 percent and shouldn't have played....another.....Jackson served no purpose....Bennett as well.....why?....Thomas too.....We would have been better served to have had Kelley on the roster for defensive backfield depth and ST coverage which he excels at....Rose should also have been on corner too

So by my count there were 6 guys placed on roster that did nothing for us to help get the W....

There ended up being 46 guys that weren't good enough to get us the W...but I hear what u are saying. Just not willing to put it all on coaching tho that was poor.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah you wonder.  Is there a push from some to get a better mix and a refusal in some corners to move on from guys?

I think as a fanbase we deserve a little honesty from MOS.  There's no game next week.  You can say "we ****** up" because the whole world watched it man.

I know he won't answer a damn thing but I kinda hope he gets deluged on the final coach's show this next week.....

31 minutes ago, White Out said:

I know it hurts. I feel gutted.

I'm sorry it didn't happen for us tonight Bomber fans, but let's hold our heads high.

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Why?

19 minutes ago, White Out said:

Sorry. 

Ok everyone. The world is over. The. Bombers suck. Suicide for all.

...better? 

I dont see why you are so glib in your weird response... you really didn't provided the reason for his question.

I read your post and thought the same thing... 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What are you thinking if you are Kyle walters now? I'd almost need to demand to have equal say with the coach for real cuz it must have been a battle this season. Guys brought in, cut 2 weeks later meanwhile Jackson and schmekel stick all year 

He may not be back. Miller claims the Bombers can't pay him which is very disturbing. Right now, he's in limbo. It's really up to Wade Miller to resolve all of this. 

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

There ended up being 46 guys that weren't good enough to get us the W...but I hear what u are saying.

Meh. I agree with the point you were trying to make.

I don't care if Jackson or Bennett or Thomas [or whoever some people would replace them with] don't affect the outcome of the game.

I care that Zach and Brady and Lawler and the OL and the Jeff's didn't make the plays that carried us to the win.

You got a good to great OL, best RB in the league, best receiver group... 

We put up 24 points. 

Should that be enough to win? In my opinion? No. 

Walters got Lawler to come back. 

Brought in some damn fine young talent,  osh didn't give lots of them a chance this year.  Had his favorites and that was that. 

If I'm Kyle I'm not sure I'd want to be back honestly 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

He may not be back. Miller claims the Bombers can't pay him which is very disturbing. Right now, he's in limbo. It's really up to Wade Miller to resolve all of this. 

There's no way that is true.  O'Shea is already on his new deal.  Who have we added to football ops that makes up a GM salary?  None of the AGM's are signed.

It's not related to the cap at all.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's no way that is true.  O'Shea is already on his new deal.  Who have we added to football ops that makes up a GM salary?  None of the AGM's are signed.

It is because MOS just got his big raise and now everyone else also wants their raise. 

Obviously not everyone can.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

What? Sure it is. Osh got his raise. Walters was left out in the cold. As Club Prez, Miller is the only one who can make Walters fit into the management salary cap. He has to negotiate with Walters. No one else can. We also don't know the contract situation of the assistants or the scouts. Like I said, Miller is the only one who can make it work. Either he wants Walters back or he doubles up someone like Osh to be GM & HC.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It is because MOS just got his big raise and now everyone else also wants their raise. 

Obviously not everyone can.

O'Shea has his raise.  That's already been dealt with.  If Walters was priority and wanted to be here he'd be locked up.  There's no one beyond coach and GM that's locked in.  If those are your guys and they want to be your guys you lock them up and slot everyone else in under that.  If your OL coach says "I want 115 not 95" then you bring in the next guy.  That's where you make your cap.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Miller is the only one who can make Walters fit into the namagement salary cap. He has to negotiate with Walters. No one else can. We also don't know the contract situation of the assistants or the scouts. Like I said, Miller is the only one who can make it work. 

Yeah sure.  The AGM's aren't signed.  Unlikely all the coaches are.

Either way, you sign the top guys and work your way down, not the other way.

There's a 0% chance the "cap" will impact the decision on this issue.