Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

I see it more of poor preparation or at times lack there of....from complacency and assuming all the parts in the current places are fine....for a supposed top team we have had way too many moments resembling that....its no longer a one off

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

What a time to be alive. 

Much better than the years we were lucky to get 4 wins.

I wouldn't call it luck. I'd call it having a good team. The problem is the team is getting older and they're dropping a few of the close ones because of it. That's where they need to have some adequate depth in place.

It's not as dire yet as some make it seem, but gotta be forward thinking.

Exactly right. Seems they may not be as focused as they need to be as well. I have a hard time buying into the age is a factor thing when we can completely dominate at any given time. If our problem was age related we would be getting worse as the season progresses and that's not the case as the Banjo Bowl clearly illustrated. It could be that the players just aren't as hungry after years of success. That is something they need to gut check within themselves.

I keep on hearing how good Toronto is, GC 2022 Champions and 'you are your record' so Toronto should be the favorite tonight, depth playing in certain positions or not.

Enough with the silliness of guaranteed win for us nonsense thrown at us by argoblow fans because of who their team has decided to healthy scratch.

Put up or shut up.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I see it more of poor preparation or at times lack there of....from complacency and assuming all the parts in the current places are fine....for a supposed top team we have had way too many moments resembling that....its no longer a one off

Totally agree. Motivation does not seem to be there as much as in past years. It is something they can get back in a hurry if the leaders in that room start now. Whatever our roster issues might be, I think if our current roster concentrates, focuses, and mentally/physically commits to winning every game there is no team that can hang with us.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am sure that your owners will be glad to cash them in lieu of attendance dollars but don't pretend that isn't sad for you, and sad for the CFL in general. Disgraceful really.

Probably... but in my mind's eye I just imagine some functionary in MLSE's offices receiving the cheque and then throwing it into a silo filled with a Scrooge McDuckian pile of luchre.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I keep on hearing how good Toronto is, GC 2022 Champions and 'you are your record' so Toronto should be the favorite tonight, depth playing in certain positions or not.

Enough with the silliness of guaranteed win for us nonsense thrown at us by argoblow fans because of who their team has decided to healthy scratch.

Put up or shut up.

Toronto has no excuses. They are trying their best to create some...but nope....a loss will be a loss. If they lose tonight, it just shows weakness..in this case depth.

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

Probably... but in my mind's eye I just imagine some functionary in MLSE's offices receiving the cheque and then throwing it into a silo filled with a Scrooge McDuckian pile of luchre.

Could be....they do kinda look like Huey, Dewey, and Louis when they face the press.

11 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Toronto has no excuses. They are trying their best to create some...but nope....a loss will be a loss. If they lose tonight, it just shows weakness..in this case depth.

Could be....they do kinda look like Huey, Dewey, and Louis when they face the press.

yup...we won 2 games with the back-up...and many people forget we won butt loads of games with a lot...like a lot of key guys out, but wasn't mentioned as many who prob weren't familiar with the team didn't even realize they were not the actual starters...Our top 21..22 guys are top shelf....our bottom 3rd of roster tho....i'd say not so much..

This game...out of the bye...importance of it....a QB who has thrown all of 15 passes and a pic, and a couple key defensive guys missing...should not even be close....and if we come out lack luster...sputtering...and are down at any point other than if the Argo's score some points on games opening drive, or we have to scratch and claw to get a win, is an issue smack dab at coaches feet, and a look in the mirror gut check for our core group of vets...should be no excuse tonight, and really shouldn't even be a game ever in question.....if it isn't....then some major flaws are inside the walls that need to be corrected and pronto

Edited by Booch

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...we won 2 games with the back-up...and many people forget we won butt loads of games with a lot...like a lot of key guys out, but wasn't mentioned as many who prob weren't familiar with the team didn't even realize they were not the actual starters...Our top 21..22 guys are top shelf....our bottom 3rd of roster tho....i'd say not so much..

This game...out of the bye...importance of it....a QB who has thrown all of 15 passes and a pic, and a couple key defensive guys missing...should not even be close....and if we come out lack luster...sputtering...and are down at any point other than if the Argo's score some points on games opening drive, or we have to scratch and claw to get a win, is an issue smack dab at coaches feet, and a look in the mirror gut check for our core group of vets...should be no excuse tonight, and really shouldn't even be a game ever in question.....if it isn't....then some major flaws are inside the walls that need to be corrected and pronto

Can't see that happening. You'll have your ears pinned back ready to rattle the kid.

Hope he's learned how to evade blitzes.

49 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Exactly right. Seems they may not be as focused as they need to be as well. I have a hard time buying into the age is a factor thing when we can completely dominate at any given time. If our problem was age related we would be getting worse as the season progresses and that's not the case as the Banjo Bowl clearly illustrated. It could be that the players just aren't as hungry after years of success. That is something they need to gut check within themselves.

The age thing is that age sometimes gets guys gassed more easily or maybe it's harder to bring it game in and game out.  This is where depth is more important but there are some areas lacking depth.

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The age thing is that age sometimes gets guys gassed more easily or maybe it's harder to bring it game in and game out.  This is where depth is more important but there are some areas lacking depth.

I don't think age is an issue with getting gassed.....and they should know how to bring it after all these yrs....It's just after our premiere front line starters, we lack in some areas with quality rotational depth...but easily fixable with 2...3...easy peasy roster tweaks.

That being said how we allocate assets on the PR is poor, and we have next to nothing for National depth outside the active roster....like not even a crumb....

Just now, Jesse said:

I don’t think we’re too literal. You just make very black and white statements and then try to walk them back when people call you out on them.

dont walk **** back....all i said was that the entire last 2 and abit seasons wasnt luck....but we had a lot of lucky moments, and recent as this yr....actual players have mentioned to me in convo...they were lucky to win....no athlete is smug and arrogant to not know when they escaped with a win....all i saying....and I have never walked back how lousy our rostering has been in areas, and preparedness and lacksidasical attitude has been...so don't go making crap up