Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

40 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think Osh would fix them because that is his job, and he has clearly demonstrated an ability to do so. You guys sure have your **** tied in a knot about the capability of the league's best coach.

hasnt all yr tho...and actually going on into last part of last yr

41 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

and they're 25-7 because of it!! Bunch of ****!!!

luck comes in many forms and flavors...U can only cheat death so long....Reeper will always make u pay....and yes a team can win in spite of things...we were lucky...there is that word again we had ultra talented top line front of the roster players to mask it

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

luck comes in many forms and flavors...U can only cheat death so long....Reeper will always make u pay....and yes a team can win in spite of things...we were lucky...there is that word again we had ultra talented top line front of the roster players to mask it

lol you tell that to Bighill next time you see him. Let him know how lucky they are to have only lost 7 games in the past two years. So lucky to make it to 3 GCs in a row. It's really unbelievable how lucky they are! 

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

lol you tell that to Bighill next time you see him. Let him know how lucky they are to have only lost 7 games in the past two years. So lucky to make it to 3 GCs in a row. It's really unbelievable how lucky they are! 

I see him often, and he has in fact even said to me on a few occasions....'got lucky on that one"....so...no need to ask him as he offered that up....U have your opinion..I have mine...If it gets u so irked ignore me....thats a thing....

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

I see him often, and he has in fact even said to me on a few occasions....'got lucky on that one"....so...no need to ask him as he offered that up....U have your opinion..I have mine...If it gets u so irked ignore me....thats a thing....

I'm too much of a smart ass to ignore. Luck plays a part in any winning team sure. But to act like it's the reason they've won more games than anyone else over that time frame is ignorant.

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

*Couldn't care less....

.... but yes..... one week at a time, as has always been the mantra. Just win this week, worry about BC after that. 

Amen I agree with Noeller - just win today and worry about BC after that - one game at a time. Note disclaimer - this is the second time I have agreed with Noeller this week - a new record!😀

2 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Amen I agree with Noeller - just win today and worry about BC after that - one game at a time. Note disclaimer - this is the second time I have agreed with Noeller this week - a new record!😀

You're on the road to recovery and it's good to see... 

Lion's have a soft one today going against the vaunted green guys....IF we drop this one tonight AND the leos pull off an upset (ha ha) we're going to be scrambling for position......I would much rather have them playing us at IGF than us having to play in their friendly confines....A lot of conjecture here AND a lot can happen from now till the end of the reg. season ...so it's 'JUST WIN BABY' starting tonight

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Bombers lose 4 games ..... forum: THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!! lol

What a time to be alive. 

Much better than the years we were lucky to get 4 wins.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't call it luck. I'd call it having a good team. The problem is the team is getting older and they're dropping a few of the close ones because of it. That's where they need to have some adequate depth in place.

It's not as dire yet as some make it seem, but gotta be forward thinking.

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What a time to be alive. 

Much better than the years we were lucky to get 4 wins.

I wouldn't call it luck. I'd call it having a good team. The problem is the team is getting older and they're dropping a few of the close ones because of it. That's where they need to have some adequate depth in place.

It's not as dire yet as some make it seem, but gotta be forward thinking.

u people are way to literal...like wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy....never said the total success was luck...but as of late...as in late 2022 and this yr...have been very lucky in a lot of occasions....when it also comes to me right out of the yaps of actual players, and myself being in games where overall we were/are the better team, but got out of dodge ...luckily I stand by what I say....opinions and views very....thats the beauty of an open forum

50 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm too much of a smart ass to ignore. Luck plays a part in any winning team sure. But to act like it's the reason they've won more games than anyone else over that time frame is ignorant.

what context are you using "ignorant> btw....do you actually understand the general meaning of ignorant? and it's various connotations?.......factual?...object??...possibly technical???....enlighten please...or you using the term to backhanded insult ...personal attack (while hiding in anonymity behind your computer)....with generally the wrong way to actually use ignorant...saying I'm dumb?...perhaps have no knowledge??....or further down the uses...narrow minded?....

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

u people are way to literal...like wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy....never said the total success was luck...but as of late...as in late 2022 and this yr...have been very lucky in a lot of occasions....when it also comes to me right out of the yaps of actual players, and myself being in games where overall we were/are the better team, but got out of dodge ...luckily I stand by what I say....opinions and views very....thats the beauty of an open forum

We're being too literal and you're using comments from players as gospel when clearly the use of the word luck isn't intended so... come on now. 

Gotta be good to be lucky. This team has enough star power they won the close games generally. That's how they played. Now with the aging stars though some of the close ones slip away. It happens. I agree they need some smarter roster management in a couple places to deal with that, but some of you are going overboard on the whole thing.  

It's literally like 2 changes to the roster and what they're doing in terms of game day is fine.

Just now, 17to85 said:

We're being too literal and you're using comments from players as gospel when clearly the use of the word luck isn't intended so... come on now. 

Gotta be good to be lucky. This team has enough star power they won the close games generally. That's how they played. Now with the aging stars though some of the close ones slip away. It happens. I agree they need some smarter roster management in a couple places to deal with that, but some of you are going overboard on the whole thing.  

It's literally like 2 changes to the roster and what they're doing in terms of game day is fine.

other poster referrred that I said luck was the case for the whole enchilada....and you dont have t tell me you have to be good to be lucky...I have said that here many times, as well as been there....go back and rummage throw days gone by posts like some clown did earlier this month on a comment I made in days gone by....I'm sure you will see I said exact same thing you just said

Did I say gospel?...I just referenced a comment from a player, and players know damn well when they lucky to slip away with a win

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

what context are you using "ignorant> btw....do you actually understand the general meaning of ignorant? and it's various connotations?.......factual?...object??...possibly technical???....enlighten please...or you using the term to backhanded insult ...personal attack (while hiding in anonymity behind your computer)....with generally the wrong way to actually use ignorant...saying I'm dumb?...perhaps have no knowledge??....or further down the uses...narrow minded?....

It was 100% backhand insult. I mean if needed, I could say it to your face. But that seems like more work than it's worth.

I said, over the course of of the past two years what the Bombers Record is...you followed that up by saying they were lucky. I'm not sure how else to interpret that.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Lion's have a soft one today going against the vaunted green guys....IF we drop this one tonight AND the leos pull off an upset (ha ha) we're going to be scrambling for position......I would much rather have them playing us at IGF than us having to play in their friendly confines....A lot of conjecture here AND a lot can happen from now till the end of the reg. season ...so it's 'JUST WIN BABY' starting tonight

no matter what happens tonight... Bombers still control their fate... 3-1 in the last 4 (as long as the 1 isn't against BC) is good for first... that said, starting with a win tonight would be preferred

Just now, 17to85 said:

Yes everyone knows that. But stubler is gone and oshea is a bomber now. Your envy is almost endearing. Almost.

Oh I dunno, I figure that we're in the more enviable position these days.

Enjoy guaranteed win night. Go easy on the kid. He seems nice.

7 minutes ago, bluto said:

You do know that was a Stubler thing here (when Osh played for us), right??

How could anyone know that. the Toronto media doesn't care about the Argos enough to report such a thing. Only found out about it when O'Shea came here to a city that GAF about CFL football. That being said, Argos should have stayed with it....maybe you wouldn't need the league to put in the fix for you guys every year.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

hasnt all yr tho...and actually going on into last part of last yr

You are saying we were inconsistent towards the end of last year? Because that's the discussion....not roster.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

How could anyone know that. the Toronto media doesn't care about the Argos enough to report such a thing. Only found out about it when O'Shea came here to a city that GAF about CFL football. That being said, Argos should have stayed with it....maybe you wouldn't need the league to put in the fix for you guys every year.

We don't need it as we are pretty good... but we'll continue having them do it for us anyway. You can send those support cheques to us and make them payable to "The Champions".

2 hours ago, Booch said:

The discussion here is not roster, it was about consistency. We've heard your views on the roster, and most of us agree on it. You are beating a dead horse with that. Also, consistency is our biggest issue, not roster.

1 minute ago, bluto said:

We don't need it as we are pretty good... but we'll continue having them do it for us anyway. You can send those support cheques to us and make them payable to "The Champions".

I am sure that your owners will be glad to cash them in lieu of attendance dollars but don't pretend that isn't sad for you, and sad for the CFL in general. Disgraceful really.