Week 10 - Blue Bombers (6-2) @ LOLks (0-8) - GDT

JCon

2 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

ZC does scramble early when he has been rattled a bit. But the pass pro isn't good. Who on D missed their assigment on the first play of the game? Biggie looking like he's often arriving late to the party tonite. 

I didn't think the pass pro was bad at all tonight.  One time they blitzed 7 and got through.  Collaros is not great at getting the ball out quick which is what Edmonton is trying to force, and I'm not sure Collaros is trusting his OL too much tonight.  I think he leans on the scramble too to open things up downfield when they see lots of zone, but Edmonton schemed for that holding a rusher back to read him.

In 2008, Reigning MVP Tom Brady coming off a record 50 TD pass season gets hit below the knees in quarter one of the first game of 2008 and is out for the season. What rule comes into effect the next season, can't hit a QB below the news. The two time reigning MOP takes a clear RTP and no call even upon review. Bush league. I love the CFL but we're a ******* bush league at times.

Just now, Goalie said:

I don't think the hit on Zach was overly late or had vicious intent behind it. But I do think its the refs job to protect the QB so they should be calling these close ones. 

And the first contact is arm/shoulder to QB's head.  Should be an easy one.  Guy is already on turf and without ball, so can't say he might be live, can't say "oh I was blocking him because we had the ball."