Bombers vs Posers aka Lions

Booch

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Thursday night is my lady and I's date night. Trying to think of ways to get out of it so can watch my Bombers.

Any suggestions?

lesson I learned from, don't date someone who doesn't equally want to watch the games as much as you. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

tell her if you wanna be with me....this is part of package....you are now a fan and watch with me lol

this is what I did before my wife and I married. She figured it out, and now might be a bigger fan than me, at this point...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

lesson I learned from, don't date someone who doesn't equally want to watch the games as much as you. 

this is what I did before my wife and I married. She figured it out, and now might be a bigger fan than me, at this point...

yup....works like a charm

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

that's one strategy, I told my Wife on our first date that I bleed blue and gold and she assumed I was joking...she quickly figured it out though. 16 yrs in and shes maybe gone to 3 home games with me (one only because our son was playing flag pre-game). She's watched a few on TV with me but only when she has nothing else to do. 

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

that's one strategy, I told my Wife on our first date that I bleed blue and gold and she assumed I was joking...she quickly figured it out though. 16 yrs in and shes maybe gone to 3 home games with me (one only because our son was playing flag pre-game). She's watched a few on TV with me but only when she has nothing else to do. 

that's unfortunate. I once dated a girl that i really was in love with, but her family were not traditional sports people (they loved NASCAR...sigh) and I once missed the Fred Reid 200+ rushing game because of her, and barely found a way to watch the 07 East Semi vs Montreal..... so after that relationship ended, I was adamant...never again. Bombers are just too much a part of my life. 

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Thursday night is my lady and I's date night. Trying to think of ways to get out of it so can watch my Bombers.

Any suggestions?

You have to pre-plan this, my friend. You're out of luck now.

Next time, go through your schedules for the next month an plans around games. My wife and I put all the games into her work schedule before the season started.

46 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I wish friend. Seeing as I how I live in the States not sure how I could take off to Winnipeg without her finding out haha.

Man....I remember a long time ago when my wife and I were dating and it was date night during a Bomber game and I got so sick that afternoon that I had to reschedule the date night. What a fortuitous illness I thought.😁

In the future, may I recommend finding something she really would love to do on a different night that week and recommend you change date night that week so that you can do the ultra-fun thing she likes with her. She will think you are thoughtful.

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that's unfortunate. I once dated a girl that i really was in love with, but her family were not traditional sports people (they loved NASCAR...sigh) and I once missed the Fred Reid 200+ rushing game because of her, and barely found a way to watch the 07 East Semi vs Montreal..... so after that relationship ended, I was adamant...never again. Bombers are just too much a part of my life. 

Nascar and no Bombers would have been a deal breaker for me. She must have really been a tiger to hold you for that long.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It's honestly never been a problem for us. Have missed maybe a couple of home games throughout the 16 yrs...but I honestly can't remember. I am missing this weeks game because of her....ok well...it's because I got her pregnant...and then 9 yrs later that kid wanted to play flag football, which happened to be on thursdays and the head coach is on holidays so i'm filling in....I can blame her right? lol

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

What I am hearing is the upside to being single is not having to deal with any of this and being able to go to/watch all the games.

Kids are the only thing that made it difficult for me.

My wife and I have season tix this year but she hasn't made it to a game yet because someone needs to stay home with the kiddos.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

My wife doesnt like football....never goes....even when I prod her...to be a nice guy...she even didnt like it when I played....and rarely ever seen me in a game...or a game live for that matter....boy did she land the wrong guy hahaha

I've lived in northern Alberta for 16 years and my wife is from the maritimes and I met her in Alberta.  She had never met a CFL fan and expressed interest in the Bombers initially but that faded as our relationship progressed haha.  She knows I need 18 nights(and playoffs) a year to hang out with the boys.  The funny part is that I now have a daughter and son and my daughter has 0 interest in the Bombers.  But, her birthday always seems to fall within a week of the Bombers playing in Edmonton.  She's a hell of a kid and suggested that she brings a couple of friends to Edmonton and she's having her 13th birthday party at the game in August.  She gets to spend a few days in Edmonton with her friends but the Bomber game is her party again this year haha

17 minutes ago, Albertabomberguy said:

I've lived in northern Alberta for 16 years and my wife is from the maritimes and I met her in Alberta.  She had never met a CFL fan and expressed interest in the Bombers initially but that faded as our relationship progressed haha.  She knows I need 18 nights(and playoffs) a year to hang out with the boys.  The funny part is that I now have a daughter and son and my daughter has 0 interest in the Bombers.  But, her birthday always seems to fall within a week of the Bombers playing in Edmonton.  She's a hell of a kid and suggested that she brings a couple of friends to Edmonton and she's having her 13th birthday party at the game in August.  She gets to spend a few days in Edmonton with her friends but the Bomber game is her party again this year haha

I think it’d be even tougher if the kids don’t like it. Mines real young but he tries his best to stay up to finish the game. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

not particularly good news about Brady O, but........ 

Idk how you can have played, and be less likely to play than Eli who hasn’t played or practiced since before pre season. Maybe it’s subterfuge by the mafia. Least I sure hope so. 

Crazy, but maybe we active Murphy. Then we could use Demski at rb for some snaps and create ni rb depth that way.