Calgary vs Ottawa Week 2

Geebrr

7 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Man Ottawa is trash. Even when Masoli comes back these guys are going to be duking it out with Montreal for the East basement.

They have a good d-line... the secondary though is yikes.   Throw the ball 20 yards down field up the middle and nobody is around.   

24 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I believe you because you're awesome but what is your source? Anytime I try to google it, I always end up with the CFL record book that's a few years old, it'd be nice to know where a reputable source for this stuff is because I find it interesting, if I can find it.

Here is the link:

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/2023-CFL-Guide-PDF-for-site.pdf

Page 204. 

This is the CFL Guide and Record book. If you go to cfl.ca and click on “stats” in the menu (the 3 stripes on the top left side of the web page is the main menu) it will list 2023 CFL Guide book in the drop down sub-menu. That guide includes the record book, updated yearly. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Arbuckle lacks the arm strength to be a legit CFL QB. Ball takes forever to get there. Too bad for Bobby Dyce and Khari Jones, was hoping they'd see some success esp against Dickenshead. RedBlacks have more problems than just at the QB position however. You have to look at both teams complete lack of discipline - you can see this is where Bombers excellent coaching and team culture really shines through. It's possible Masoli might make some small difference for Ottawa when he comes back. As long as he's not permanently broken at least he can scramble a bit, extend plays, and sometimes get the ball on target. 

31 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Here is the link:

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/2023-CFL-Guide-PDF-for-site.pdf

Page 204. 

This is the CFL Guide and Record book. If you go to cfl.ca and click on “stats” in the menu (the 3 stripes on the top left side of the web page is the main menu) it will list 2023 CFL Guide book in the drop down sub-menu. That guide includes the record book, updated yearly. 

That link deserves a bookmark! 

What a dull game. A lot of the problem is TSN itself.
Since Cuthbert left, it’s just been the worst presentation. 
Bad sound, outdated camera work. Forced folksy banter. The infamous in-game interviews. Gimmicks galore.
If I didn’t love the CFL and the Bombers so much, I’d use the word unwatchable. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

10 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Bad sound, outdated camera work. Forced folksy banter. The infamous in-game interviews. Gimmicks galore.

Between telling me what to bet on, showing me what food they have at the stadium for a game a province away, and advertising gimmicks for anyone giving them money... I think they're trying to do everything at once. They need to just focus on the main product (football) and go back to basics. How can you tell me who to pick in fantasy, when you also can't provide real-time stats?

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

CFL better hope things turn around a bit. There have been 5 games this year and 4 have been horribly boring.

withb the poorer tems, and ones with lots of turnover....to be expected as they figure things out....Not too concerned....but some of that QB play tho....yeeshhh....We cant all be blessed with our continuity and depth

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

These teams are awful....

Calgary is incredibly mediocre and boring 

10 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

You missed Sanchez swearing pre-game. 

Spicing it up!

I think the Red Blacks have a good core there...Defense and Teams.....There some guys on that defense I wish we could scoop up

Now...is their current QB's that bad?....cause man o man....brutal...For that fan bases sake, and the sake of the league overall I hope Masoli makes a big difference...He certainly will be better...also...some "leaders" need a gut check there...I looking at you Acklin...guy loafed....was lazy....didn't exactly set a good example there whatsoever...He's your big ticket guy....then start being that...If Dyce had any onions he would sit him next game as an eye opener message.

They re sorely missing the presence of a guy like Darvin right now....the receiving group almost looks rudderless....There are some pieces there...they need leaders tho on offence...2 games in and I haven't spotted one

Alot of people don't put enough emphasis and value in what we have playing here...vets...older guys, and that attitude/environment they create...FIFO is real.....just look at what Muhamed said after his first team meeting here when he witnessed how it all went down..."this is why you guys win so much"

2 hours ago, Booch said:

...I looking at you Acklin...guy loafed....was lazy....didn't exactly set a good example there whatsoever...He's your big ticket guy....then start being that...If Dyce had any onions he would sit him next game as an eye opener message.

Acklin was not stepping up at all when they needed the help.  I look at Geno Lewis making big plays despite terrible throws from the QB last week.  Acklin dropped balls that touched his hands.  Dude needs to wake up.        

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Acklin was not stepping up at all when they needed the help.  I look at Geno Lewis making big plays despite terrible throws from the QB last week.  Acklin dropped balls that touched his hands.  Dude needs to wake up.        

Too busy to focus. He's still "Dabbing" after a TD he scored in 2021.....

Never liked Acklin...and glad we never went after him....but I sure our staff prob didnt like what they saw....he's also a mouthy lil schuck too...dont like him

He definately is not a leader there...and they need one bad...and fact he never stepped up is telling

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Never liked Acklin...and glad we never went after him....but I sure our staff prob didnt like what they saw....he's also a mouthy lil schuck too...dont like him

He definately is not a leader there...and they need one bad...and fact he never stepped up is telling

His family looked....interesting.