Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

22 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

And the Bombers receivers are 5 yards offside on every play.

Throughout the Labour Day Classic, the guy behind me kept calling, "offiside" on every play. "Bombers are offside again!"

I said, Dickie can challenge, you know? 

Also, the guy was upset when the ref placed the (Rider) ball on the Bomber 1 yard line. "He was closer than that. They ripped him off half a yard!" 

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Bighill makes dirty hit every single play, and our OL, ALL 5 OF THEM, are holding on every play. We should have 992 penalties for 8000 yards in penalties this season but the fix is in because Ambrosie lived in Winnipeg a long time ago.

Signed, Riderfans

add this from the criders......'The refs in this league just like the Bombers better cuz of their success and ability to win.....I just hate those fuggers

quote from one of their mental midgets

Edited by Stickem

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

DANCING around...never go up field...he was screwing them before even a Bomber hahaah

I do have to give credit where due, plop did a fantastic job of creating a package that utilized his strengths and developing Demski. But the riders did a crap job of it. They really wasted his potential and blamed him. 

Kind of interesting pff rated our ol as best for the month, with Dobson and Eli being our two highest rated ol followed by Bryant. 
 The pff stats have been pretty hit or miss, and I’m sure are heavily skewed by both playing a lot of package plays. Though they are clearly a good part of our success in those packages. And both got decent reps in the last two games and played well. 
 It’s a position we’ve been in for several years with high end young ni ol in the wings waiting for their chance. I think one or both are very likely to be regular starters next year. 
 Time for us to draft the next wave of stud ni ol. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Kind of interesting pff rated our ol as best for the month, with Dobson and Eli being our two highest rated ol followed by Bryant. 
 The pff stats have been pretty hit or miss, and I’m sure are heavily skewed by both playing a lot of package plays. Though they are clearly a good part of our success in those packages. And both got decent reps in the last two games and played well. 
 It’s a position we’ve been in for several years with high end young ni ol in the wings waiting for their chance. I think one or both are very likely to be regular starters next year. 
 Time for us to draft the next wave of stud ni ol. 

At a minimum, I'd like to see Eli replace Kolo next year but would be fine with Dobson in for either Gray or Neufeld too.

2 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Seriously?  That’s beyond ridiculous.

Yup.

Though I didn’t receive one of four media votes, I went on the record last week stating that I would have voted for Collaros. I also would have voted for Chris Kolankowski over Jermarcus Hardrick as the team’s Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman, though Hardrick was still a worthy selection. The Nebraska product has been in the CFL for a decade but has been forced to live in Stanley Bryant’s shadow during his entire tenure in Bomberland.

I won’t publicly speculate regarding the next round of awards since I have a vote, though I’ll be happy to share my ballot after the results are announced.

https://3downnation.com/2023/10/27/brady-oliveira-caps-outstanding-season-as-blue-bombers-stomp-stampeders-nine-other-thoughts/

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I do have to give credit where due, plop did a fantastic job of creating a package that utilized his strengths and developing Demski. But the riders did a crap job of it. They really wasted his potential and blamed him. 

He was injured a fair bit of the time with the RIders in fairness....and he was just doing what everyone else did there. Dog it and dance.

12 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Okay somebody enlighten me....it's my understanding that when the regular season ends, all players on the PR become free agents. Or do we still have a PR because we're in the playoffs?

I believe it's after the team's final game, not when the season ends.  For players on the Riders or L's, it would have been Oct 22nd because they had a bye the final week while Redblacks would have been the 29th because they played this past weekend.  All the other playoff-bound teams would still have a PR to pull players from if needed (ex: injury replacements).

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

it's all the proof we need to back up Mike's long-held claims that there are posters on here with FAR more insight into the team/league than Hodge/3DN..... 

You needed Mike to point that out? Good gravy Hodge has been mostly unintelligible for many years now right back to when he used to be on the CFL forums. Loves his football...I'll give him that...but he never did make many salient points ever.

Just now, bigg jay said:

I believe it's after the team's final game, not when the season ends.  For players on the Riders or L's, it would have been Oct 22nd because they had a bye the final week while Redblacks would have been the 29th because they played this past weekend.  All the other playoff-bound teams would still have a PR to pull players from if needed (ex: injury replacements).

Once your season is done is my understanding.

8 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

speaking of the sad sacker Riders...as it is right now they have nobody on the coaching staff correct?...as all were on expiring deals?....Ouch man...lotta work to do there

5 hours ago, Booch said:

speaking of the sad sacker Riders...as it is right now they have nobody on the coaching staff correct?...as all were on expiring deals?....Ouch man...lotta work to do there

They just saved half the work from firing them. But they will probably have to bring back most as few upgrades will be interested

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

They just saved half the work from firing them. But they will probably have to bring back most as few upgrades will be interested

Yeah...I can see a lot of holdover cause who of any quality is gonna want to leave their current gig for a lateral move to turd mountain?

It's bring back some...and recycle some old rejects from previous poor squads...

On 2023-11-01 at 12:00 PM, JCon said:

Throughout the Labour Day Classic, the guy behind me kept calling, "offiside" on every play. "Bombers are offside again!"

I said, Dickie can challenge, you know? 

Also, the guy was upset when the ref placed the (Rider) ball on the Bomber 1 yard line. "He was closer than that. They ripped him off half a yard!" 

If he looked like a longtime Rider fan, I would have looked back and asked Ray Elgaard says what?