CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

29 minutes ago, JCon said:

They've had a soft schedule so far and are already on cruise control. It's not even cold yet. 

The early season was definitely soft with our 3 Bye weeks completed by Week 11 (of 21). We always knew that there was a 10 week run with no Bye week to finish the season. So for a change, we got out in front and stayed there. I'm so accustomed to a last month scramble that having 6 weeks to chill is completely alien.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Makes sense. It was an ugly looking hit and I think that we all were happy to see him get up and trot off the field. The hit may have been the product of a slow or high throw. I don't blame the DB for going low, a DB will always go low on 33.

Going to be a lot of 6-game fookery happening to allow us to hit our cap numbers. Guys like Muamba and Bladek are still floating around.

Now Harris can turn his attention to his junior football team in Nanaimo instead of his misplaced anger at us. As far as I'm concerned Harris can retire. I don't care if he ever plays us again. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

17 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Now Harris can turn his attention to his junior football team in Nanaimo instead of his misplaced anger at us. As far as I'm concerned Harris can retire. I don't care if he ever plays us again. 

Think that he was legit mad? I read it more as if it was the competitive fire of a star veteran who didn't like being supplanted by the newer model. 

23 minutes ago, bluto said:

Think that he was legit mad? I read it more as if it was the competitive fire of a star veteran who didn't like being supplanted by the newer model. 

Andrew Harris has always had a chip on his shoulder. He was legit mad the Bombers wanted him to take the role he has now in Toronto.  If he wasn't made why leave for the same role somewhere else?

28 minutes ago, bluto said:

he was 100 percent ticked...offended...figured he didn't have to prove he was healthy and in shape, but could still ask for a high salary and to not be a back-up.....ironically....he took a back up role in T.O so the ego still was hit, but T.O paid him starter money for what he was doing there....and based on his play this yr....he should have really hung em up after 2022....Selfish taking reps from some young guys on roster

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Andrew Harris has always had a chip on his shoulder. He was legit mad the Bombers wanted him to take the role he has now in Toronto.  If he wasn't made why leave for the same role somewhere else?

welllllllllllllllllllllll......... depends on if you believe the rumours................... but highly likely that it had more to do with off-field stuff. 

Just now, Noeller said:

welllllllllllllllllllllll......... depends on if you believe the rumours................... but highly likely that it had more to do with off-field stuff. 

and yeah part of the whole ball of wax was that a large group his teammates had soured on him a bit as well...and it kinda festered all yr long, and the hissy fit to prove he was not damaged goods, and could pass some physical testing as a pro athlete should...sealed his fate

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

and yeah part of the whole ball of wax was that a large group his teammates had soured on him a bit as well...and it kinda festered all yr long, and the hissy fit to prove he was not damaged goods, and could pass some physical testing as a pro athlete should...sealed his fate

the fact that he now has a kid with a woman who was not the fiancee he was with in Winnipeg likely something to do with it, too.... needed to get out of town, maybe? 

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He didn't come here for the role he is now in either.

He was the starter but time had caught up to him and he couldn't do the full workload by himself so we ended up bringing back a stocky personal trainer with a mullet who we'd cut earlier in the season. Apparently he'd accepted his role this season though and signed a contract which reflects it. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

OK, I am ready to ban bluto. This understated arrogance vibe he is bringing is starting to get under my skin. :)

as always, Dave and I will be proven right in the end................

also: 

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

What?

he was engaged (not sure if they ever got married...??) to a girl while he was playing with the Bombers... then sometime, post-pandemic, he was having a kid with another girl. Not saying he absolutely bolted town to avoid any drama there, just suggesting that MAYBE that was a part of it....

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

he was engaged (not sure if they ever got married...??) to a girl while he was playing with the Bombers... then sometime, post-pandemic, he was having a kid with another girl. Not saying he absolutely bolted town to avoid any drama there, just suggesting that MAYBE that was a part of it....

As someone who knows him personally, this isn’t accurate man.  Lot more to it than that.