CFL - Pre-Season - All Your Non-Bomber News/Talk - 2023

JCon

14 hours ago, Booch said:

At least Bo doesn't wilt and do the turtle like Harris under pressure and duress...he's prob the biggest wuss of all the league QB's...and behind the mess of an O-line...and the growing pains of trying to implement a new system..with a new O.C and basically all new skilled position guys save for Lenius...who apparently has issues with grasping a playbook and making the basic routes look easy...theres a recipe for 5 wins

I'm gonna disagree. Bo absolutely folds under pressure.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Phillip Blake and Godber don't to me look like addressing much..

I honestly feel the same. Blake is not particularly good at OT, and Godber vs Clark is basically a push. I don't really see the improvement unless the RIders have found two stud IMP OTs in the offseason. That's where any improvement will have to come from.

On 2023-05-10 at 1:29 PM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Was this a Joe Mack pick?? What a waste of a 1st overall pick lol. We took Dobson 2 picks later.

Losers Go Home. Portrait of Woman Showing Loser Sign Over Forehead Stock  Photo - Image of indoor, girl: 142076886

No this was not a Joe Mack pick although it seems like one. 

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

Riders media are absolute gems..............

Good luck with all this, Dickie.......good luck. 

Oh my...the infamous Darrell Davis kiss of death. 

18 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It’s insane how they made that point and missed the giant elephant in the room and source of the toxic waste heap. Also how is their ol fixed? They went with their 5th choice oc after getting rejected by every one. 5 win team. Less if Harris goes down. 

Don't read too much into anything Darrell Davis says, he only shows up at the Rider stadium for the free donuts. The guys is literally out to lunch on pretty much everything he says about the CFL.

11 hours ago, Zach Schnitzer said:

Did Sask really not address their o line? I forget what their off-season moves were. Maybe that says it all. 

They brought in a couple new faces. Pretty tough to call anything improved in any way unless they have recruited 2 game ready stud IMP OTs...because that was the biggest part of their problem last year. Blake could help a bit if he doesn't have to play OT, but Godber is no improvement over Clark and the matadors of the middle Johnson and Ferland still look to be starters at this point....and that is not good.

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

All jokes aside?  With exception of Trevor Harris,  who did they bring in to replace the massively depleted depth and sub par starters?    It wasn't like the team was only a few players away from being great.   That team needed a complete overhaul. 

When Jake Weineke is your top weapon on O....yikes.

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I 100% believe that Harris is a much better fit for them than CoFaj.

If they are actually self-aware, and plan and around their offensive weaknesses, they can certainly be better than Edmonton, Montreal, and Ottawa and make the play-offs. That's their absolute ceiling, however.

I think its boom or bust. Harris can be an improvement but only if the OL has improved as well (which is not looking likely) but if the OL is garbage Harris will be worse than CoFaj because he had little to no mobility. I guess, he might improve the depth of sacks surrendered in the latter because he won't run 15 yards backwards first...but that's not much of a consolation.

So we signed a rb and dt / nose tackle today. 
 A ras over 8 for a nose under 6’1 and 300 is extremely good. Great explosion and strength numbers, looks like a real play maker in the back field. Wish we could have him and obg in camp  but I assume this is obg not coming  

https://ulmwarhawks.com/sports/football/roster/caleb-thomas/5429

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1650132414885240838/photo/1

On 2023-05-11 at 12:26 PM, GCn20 said:

The state of the CFL in Alberta right now is a little concerning. Calgary is quickly becoming a tire fire, and Edmonton with a multi-million dollar loss....yikes.

In Calgary it's an ownership issue. Murray Edwards doesn't care. He spends little money on the team. It would be a good thing if he sold the team.

On 2023-05-12 at 6:59 AM, Bigblue204 said:

I'm gonna disagree. Bo absolutely folds under pressure.

Give us some examples. 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ever since his shoulder went to ****, Bo hasn't looked like he's got the same confidence and craters when pressured. There are many examples but the 2019 WF stands out brightly.... 

If he played in pain then it's understandable. Like, who knows what went on in the inner sanctums of the team away from reporters. It sure didn't look like Dickenson cared when he benched Mitchell last season or when he signed with the Ti Cats in the off season. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Last season Calgary lead the league in points scored and by a decent margin as well.

7 hours ago, bigg jay said:

You sure about that?

Screenshot-20230514-225450.png

Another thing to remember is that the bombers took their foot off the gas with a few games to go as well. No one else was resting any where near as many starters. 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

In Calgary it's an ownership issue. Murray Edwards doesn't care. He spends little money on the team. It would be a good thing if he sold the team.

Give us some examples. 

2019 west semi

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Only by 24 points over the Bombers. The Stamps must have done it with smoke & mirrors because their receivers weren't that good. .

If you ask Derek Dennis, there was definitely smoke.

9 hours ago, bigg jay said:

You sure about that?

Screenshot-20230514-225450.png

I looked at the standings ,  I guess those factor in the other types of scores.   Either way   CGY did not struggle on offense which was the main point.  

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Another thing to remember is that the bombers took their foot off the gas with a few games to go as well. No one else was resting any where near as many starters. 

The main point is that whoever said that Calgary had a struggling offense outside of Carey was clearly incorrect.  

All the standings show is points for and against irrespective of how they are tallied (offense, defense, special teams). 

This site shows a comprehensive breakdown: https://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamstat.html?lg=CFL&yr=2022&type=reg&cat=S&group=O&conf=&sort=tottd

The Bombers had the most overall TDs (63), the most TDs on offense (58), and the most passing TDs (44). The Stampeders had the most rushing TDs (24).

45 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I looked at the standings ,  I guess those factor in the other types of scores.   Either way   CGY did not struggle on offense which was the main point.  

The main point is that whoever said that Calgary had a struggling offense outside of Carey was clearly incorrect.  

Thats true, they were still a solid offense.