Back to Back Champs at Ticats GDT

Nolby

Was at the game in Hamilton. Ofc I travel halfway across the country and the team plays their worst game in 4 years. 
TBH, the Ticat fan mood reminded me of having season tickets in the 90s when we’d randomly tune in Montreal or someone on the way to a 4-14 year. 

My concern (other than the injuries guys coming back) is the interior of both lines, especially on D. They didn’t really bring in a true NT to replace Stove and it’s costing big time. They rotate 3 smallish DTs through who consistently fail to push the pocket. 
Contrast to ZC getting 2 guys up the middle in his face on every passing play. Neufeld in particular is getting pushed around a lot.  

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

Was at the game in Hamilton. Ofc I travel halfway across the country and the team plays their worst game in 4 years. 
TBH, the Ticat fan mood reminded me of having season tickets in the 90s when we’d randomly tune in Montreal or someone on the way to a 4-14 year. 

My concern (other than the injuries guys coming back) is the interior of both lines, especially on D. They didn’t really bring in a true NT to replace Stove and it’s costing big time. They rotate 3 smallish DTs through who consistently fail to push the pocket. 
Contrast to ZC getting 2 guys up the middle in his face on every passing play. Neufeld in particular is getting pushed around a lot.  

Thank you for your service. That's a hell of a thing to have gone through. Love the comparison to old Bombers games. 

Yeah...12 and 2...should be 13 and 1...we dont know all who is knicked as it's never stated...buy obviously a couple defense guys are and are playing through it...part of a season and hardly concerning...the concerning part is the lack of new blood being brought in...and like I said for yrs the one ***** in Osheas armour which is odd roster management and ratio use...as others have said.

You have a few guys on roster who dont get a chance...Harrison...Cooper...Cole...if they not good enough to.take reps or sub in...then replace them...same with Ford...try him ar halfback or corner...he's played Canadian ball...is a burner...and he's physical....same with Hassell...give him a shot...dudes 27...basically a veteran baller and an insane athlete...rotate him with Holm...see what u got..I'd rather see him out there over a right outta college kid....sure some times u get an Alford...but he ain't no Alford...and never will be

Said all along the loss of Kongbo...and then Wilson is a tough thing to replace...then Hansen going down didnt help when we dont replace him with another end...our dlineman aft Jeffcoat went down played whole damn second half of game.

Fortunately he must not been too bad as he stayed full equipment on sideline till the end.

Bonus is we can ***** and moan about things when it's hardly panic time...I'm sure the coaches will sort it out... but we definately have tested and used up our depth

13 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Bighill is an interesting study. Wins MODP in 2018, has a not so great 2019. 

Wins MODP in 2021, and has had a not so great 2022. Obviously he’s not 100%.

Honestly he was the defacto modp in 2021. He got nominated as a leader on that generational defense so he instantly won. It should’ve been ba. Wj with all the pass kds would’ve made much more sense too. Alford should’ve been in front of him too. 

at this point he has the ability to play in coverage but he just can’t be taking on blocks blitzing and eating gaps other than on goal line plays. 

he could be a full time s with ba moving back to a full time cover spot or since we deploy him as a wil soo much get a big true mac who can beat blocks or get off them. 

problem is we basically have two wils with no real Mac and no real nose tackle to eat two blocks and be effective.  Biggie needs to be playing off the line and even at the back of the tackle Box. 

even last years great defense with out stove gave up lots of big plays in the run game. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...12 and 2...should be 13 and 1...we dont know all who is knicked as it's never stated...buy obviously a couple defense guys are and are playing through it...part of a season and hardly concerning...the concerning part is the lack of new blood being brought in...and like I said for yrs the one ***** in Osheas armour which is odd roster management and ratio use...as others have said.

You have a few guys on roster who dont get a chance...Harrison...Cooper...Cole...if they not good enough to.take reps or sub in...then replace them...same with Ford...try him ar halfback or corner...he's played Canadian ball...is a burner...and he's physical....same with Hassell...give him a shot...dudes 27...basically a veteran baller and an insane athlete...rotate him with Holm...see what u got..I'd rather see him out there over a right outta college kid....sure some times u get an Alford...but he ain't no Alford...and never will be

Said all along the loss of Kongbo...and then Wilson is a tough thing to replace...then Hansen going down didnt help when we dont replace him with another end...our dlineman aft Jeffcoat went down played whole damn second half of game.

Fortunately he must not been too bad as he stayed full equipment on sideline till the end.

Bonus is we can ***** and moan about things when it's hardly panic time...I'm sure the coaches will sort it out... but we definately have tested and used up our depth

I think Ford and Hassell are better options next game 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Thank you for your service. That's a hell of a thing to have gone through. Love the comparison to old Bombers games. 

It absolutely reminded me of the home wins against Montreal in 98 and 09. 
fwiw the Hamilton fans around us were super chill and knowledgeable. A bit of good natured ribbing (pointing to the score on my GC shirt as a response helped) but it was about as fun as watching the Bombers get pumped could be.
Big time kudos to that fanbase. THF is a dope stadium too, great sight lines, unreal view to the south. My only nitpick is they have no urinals, made the washroom lines long and fairly awkward. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

It absolutely reminded me of the home wins against Montreal in 98 and 09. 
fwiw the Hamilton fans around us were super chill and knowledgeable. A bit of good natured ribbing (pointing to the score on my GC shirt as a response helped) but it was about as fun as watching the Bombers get pumped could be.
Big time kudos to that fanbase. THF is a dope stadium too, great sight lines, unreal view to the south. My only nitpick is they have no urinals, made the washroom lines long and fairy awkward. 

I think the stadium is aging poorly but the fans were mostly great to us at Grey Cup. 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

I think Ford and Hassell are better options next game 

I would think so...we playing so passive and soft with the 2 rookies in there...we have the luxury of testing and tinkering in game...we should be using it...and Osh says all guys on roster are starter quality...well the  prove it and use them

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

The fact we didn’t use the late game to Get those guys experience and take the chance to evaluate those guys in game is infuriating. 
 Should be used to stuff like that. We never pull the starters too early no matter what. As well as questionable depth use and roster management. 

We have every thing we need to fix the issues. Plenty of time nfl cut down time pre trade dead line and plenty of assets to leverage. 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

We do need a bigtime DT....it would help out Sayles bigtime as heavy use of Thomas is hurting us.

Our biggest dl is like 287. It’s puzzling. We’ve done such a great job of finding interior dl especially guys who can play nose. This year we didn’t bring in any. 

Yup...the next few weeks guys will become available...and we been awfully quiet...so maybe we are in a wait and see with some guys

2 byes coming up...4 games to tinker...much like 2019....we good...on a diff note Schoen is 12 yards shy of 1000 and Brady needs 243 to get 1000...