Week 5: Non Champs Games

Noeller

A classy and legit organization would have already issued a statement claiming they are disappointed and in no way condone or encourage that kind of play....and that said player has been suspended...or released.....but nothing....it's not something that needs to be thought over..or weigh the pros and cons....or ya buts....sad...but not surprising 

And then there is this...just wow....and confirmed....has zero balls or control

1 minute ago, Booch said:

A classy and legit organization would have already issued a statement claiming they are disappointed and in no way condone or encourage that kind of play....and that said player has been suspended...or released.....but nothing....it's not something that needs to be thought over..or weigh the pros and cons....or ya buts....sad...but not surprising 

The bombers acted fast on lawler last year. 

Should the penalty be greater because it’s not his first attempt to injure Masoli and the two events are soo far removed? 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

The bombers acted fast on lawler last year. 

Should the penalty be greater because it’s not his first attempt to injure Masoli and the two events are soo far removed? 

I don’t think it’s too far emoved and good questions. A case that he repeatedly goes after Masoli, couple with his racists statements, could paint Marinerio into a dark corner.

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

And then there is this...just wow....and confirmed....has zero balls or control

Dickson, “we will address it…” let’s see. 

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...3 yrs later and it still going on??? That's on a coach

At this point, I'm wondering if he's not encouraging it.  Almost like he's telling them hey guys, keep doing what you're doing and I'll go to the media with my "awe shucks" persona and vow to be better.

Otherwise he has zero ability to run that team.

Edited by bigg jay

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I don’t think it’s too far emoved and good questions. A case that he repeatedly goes after Masoli, couple with his racists statements, could paint Marinerio into a dark corner.

End of one year to almost the 1/3 mark of the next is still fresh in the mind but also long enough ago that no repeat should happen. 

another one to think about is what does the next team he plays do? If I was a linemen vs his team from the very start of the game he’d know what would happen if touched the qb high or low and he’d see some bottom of the pile tone setting real early.  

18 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Imagine if his little brothers qb was attacked like that.

He’d say it was a mafia hit job. 

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

At this point, I'm wondering if he's not encouraging it at this point.  Almost like he's telling them hey guys, keep doing what you're doing and I'll go to the media with my "awe shucks" persona and vow to be better.

Otherwise he has zero ability to run that team.

Coaches should be held more responsible for teams chippiness imo. If a player gets ejected the hc should  automatically be fined. 

refs have a bad habit of not dealing with this stuff and controlling games. 

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah, the refs hold some responsibility...there is so much that goes on after the whistle in too many games. They let it get too heated imo. 

Also how the Redblacks weren't penalized for that bench clear is beyond me....nevermind the fact that multiple players took their helmets off to scream at refs/ssk players.

100% the refs and coaches need to be responsible.  
 I feel like that’s make up for not dealing with the situation before it blew up. 

morino- 100% intent to injure. dirty as ****. top it off with classless asshattery. 

I will give credit to most of the posters on riderfans- calling this **** out and being thoroughly disgusted with the play and antics afterwards... only a few were trying to defend that dirty AF intent to injure. 

As mentioned- coaches and refs are a huge part of the issue here in letting this **** get to that point. 

marino should be radioactive at this point and should just be sidelined and eventually jettisoned like a piece of **** he is. 

59 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

morino- 100% intent to injure. dirty as ****. top it off with classless asshattery. 

I will give credit to most of the posters on riderfans- calling this **** out and being thoroughly disgusted with the play and antics afterwards... only a few were trying to defend that dirty AF intent to injure. 

As mentioned- coaches and refs are a huge part of the issue here in letting this **** get to that point. 

marino should be radioactive at this point and should just be sidelined and eventually jettisoned like a piece of **** he is. 

One RF poster commented that they could see Marino winding up in jail once his CFL career is over and I can totally see it. 

It was such a blatantly stupid hit with intent to injure. Absolute garbage.