Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Where did I say he asked for his release to sign with us? 

Fail

I find it very unlikely a player asked for and received his release with the intention of signing with another CFL team.

(I am very glad to have him - we desperately need rotational DEs)

Edited by Jesse
Additional comment

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I find it very unlikely a player asked for and received his release with the intention of signing with another CFL team.

(I am very glad to have him - we desperately need rotational DEs)

We have absolutely no clue what went down......but based on his tweets, it sure sounds like he wanted out of there. He really didn't like the culture in the room.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Suck it John Hodge

what did that putz say?...I missed it

and he could have asked for his release...why they would cut him makes no sense given all the injuries they have on the dline, and it depletes their depth...I sure he didnt say "hey release me so I can sign with....." 

But his addition to us makes us stronger and deeper, and them weaker and thinner....and looking at some his tweets...he definately wasnt happy there, or liked how things are going....that part can't be disputed

26 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Considering Adams' limited reps, his stats are pretty decent. We shall see.

Gavin walls esq guy with similar upside. A bit more size and real pass rush polish is all that separates him from being elite. Love the talent, the riders are very deep at dl and we are incredibly thin. Makes a lot of sense. 

I don’t think they’d bring in a guy that’s toxic that’s pretty clear. Wanting out of that locker room is understandable. If he doesn’t fi he will fo real quick. I expect him to be rostered or cut with in a couple weeks. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Gavin walls esq guy with similar upside. A bit more size and real pass rush polish is all that separates him from being elite. Love the talent, the riders are very deep at dl and we are incredibly thin. Makes a lot of sense. 

I don’t think they’d bring in a guy that’s toxic that’s pretty clear. Wanting out of that locker room is understandable. If he doesn’t fi he will fo real quick. I expect him to be rostered or cut with in a couple weeks. 

I expect him rostered this friday...and next week at latest

On 2022-09-27 at 10:17 AM, Fatty Liver said:

Wilcots practiced with the 1st team yesterday, drawing in off the PR.  Not super impressed with the D-line recruiting this season, no one has shown they can make much of a direct impact or help distract attention away from Willy and Jeffcoat.  It would be great if Hansen was able to return for the playoffs, at least he adds a steady push.

Torn achilles so not likely. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Torn achilles so not likely. 

Never was stated as a torn Achilles...same with Wilson...and fact Wilson was never really in a cast and been walking around freely on sidelines for weeks now pretty much confirms that...he has shown no indication of an achilles surgery rehab

12 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

We rostered 3 Americans on D last week who didn't even play a snap.

If this guy could play 5 snaps on our 2nd and 20 package he'd be an improvement.

As always our roster and di management continues to be befuddling at best and frustrating af at worst. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Never was stated as a torn Achilles...same with Wilson...and fact Wilson was never really in a cast and been walking around freely on sidelines for weeks now pretty much confirms that...he has shown no indication of an achilles surgery rehab

They never clearly state the nature of injuries during the season pre post or regular. I don’t expect to hear any thing till he’s back at practice or the season is over. 

again...not liking that depth chart...right side of secondary is weak sauce...again...no real DE to rotate...same guy as last game and he never even saw the field...and is he even a true d-end?...weak inexperienced right side of the db back field...Wil is a total joke....and dressing an extra OL again...of whom will not even really make an impact, let alone even see the field...like whats the point...for all Osh's good things...his use of the roster/ratio and who he dresses more times than not is garbage...almost surprising we been as successful as we have been

17 hours ago, Booch said:

what did that putz say?...I missed it

and he could have asked for his release...why they would cut him makes no sense given all the injuries they have on the dline, and it depletes their depth...I sure he didnt say "hey release me so I can sign with....." 

But his addition to us makes us stronger and deeper, and them weaker and thinner....and looking at some his tweets...he definately wasnt happy there, or liked how things are going....that part can't be disputed

He was likely disgruntled there for sure. He probably hated the culture and lack of discipline. However, I am not a big fan of any player who throws shade at his locker room on the way out the door, that is something he must have learned in Riderville and it is something that MOS and our player leadership will need to school him about how the Bombers don't do **** like that. As true as it might be it shows some of the same lack of discipline and class as he is complaining about.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He was likely disgruntled there for sure. He probably hated the culture and lack of discipline. However, I am not a big fan of any player who throws shade at his locker room on the way out the door, that is something he must have learned in Riderville and it is something that MOS and our player leadership will need to school him about how the Bombers don't do **** like that. As true as it might be it shows some of the same lack of discipline and class as he is complaining about.

by Putz tho I meant what did John Hodge say...lol...I like the Adams signing and he could flourish here

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

by Putz tho I meant what did John Hodge say...lol...I like the Adams signing and he could flourish here

I knew you meant Hodge with the putz comment. Just don't like players on social media lighting up their dressing rooms, even if they are out the door. That's learned behavior from a broken locker room and along with the content of his tweet it illustrates the lack of class that permeates that organization.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I knew you meant Hodge with the putz comment. Just don't like players on social media lighting up their dressing rooms, even if they are out the door. That's learned behavior from a broken locker room and along with the content of his tweet it illustrates the lack of class that permeates that organization.

oh haha....wasnt sure...I am not bothered by it...said no names...and no specifics to indicate whom he was speaking...just that he needed to be in a better place, and that the enviro there needs to be cleaned up...I kinda applaud him to be honest

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

oh haha....wasnt sure...I am not bothered by it...said no names...and no specifics to indicate whom he was speaking...just that he needed to be in a better place, and that the enviro there needs to be cleaned up...I kinda applaud him to be honest

Shade is shade. Yes, he was not specific but it was a gratuitous shot at them and was not necessary. I'm not trying to paint him as the devil or something, just a behavior he will need to leave outside our dressing room door. I love the comments themselves and think they are wholly accurate. However, this is stuff that Bombers don't do. They leave all their commentary in the dressing room.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He'll learn the FI FO pretty quick....now the fee fum part I'm not so sure....Adams has parted ways in what could be described as more accurate than self demeaning...considering that organization

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

again...not liking that depth chart...right side of secondary is weak sauce...again...no real DE to rotate...same guy as last game and he never even saw the field...and is he even a true d-end?...weak inexperienced right side of the db back field...Wil is a total joke....and dressing an extra OL again...of whom will not even really make an impact, let alone even see the field...like whats the point...for all Osh's good things...his use of the roster/ratio and who he dresses more times than not is garbage...almost surprising we been as successful as we have been

Do you mean the fieldside or boundary? Because the CFL doesn't use left and right any more.  You have

Fieldside/strongside/wideside

Boundary/weakside/shortside 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Do you mean the fieldside or boundary? Because the CFL doesn't use left and right any more.  You have

Yeah I know what that is...duHHHH....I did play the game and all....I was just saying as to how it is presented in the depth chart, for those who may not know that...makes it easier to not confuse.....

5 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

and teams have never used left and right btw...none Ive been involved with anyway

22 minutes ago, Stickem said:

He'll learn the FI FO pretty quick....now the fee fum part I'm not so sure....Adams has parted ways in what could be described as more accurate than self demeaning...considering that organization

True.,..like I said, I'm not trying to paint him as the devil and I don't disagree with a word he said. Just put the twitter away now. It does encourage me that he seems to be craving the kind of locker room structure that we have so I think he will embrace FIFO.

Edited by GCn20

I sure he will...and also the Mafia does due diligence in bringing guys in....so I'm sure they are fine with his character, and have asked around, asked current players here, and other contacts...they dont sign whoever all willy nilly ala Jones in Edm and the Riders