3 stars plus hh red black and blue

wbbfan

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Prukop deserves a shoutout for making good on all his sneak attempts and making something out of nothing on his botched FG snap lol

He didn't look good doing those snaps. What got him through was his strength & size. he does not look comfortable in that short yardage role. He'll have to get up to speed fast.

4 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Prukop deserves a shoutout for making good on all his sneak attempts and making something out of nothing on his botched FG snap lol

Fg snap yes for sure. He had some horrid sneaks though. Looked shakey holding too. 

7 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

About 50% on the sneaks.  Took two downs to get one yard, botched the goal-line play and had to bring Collaros back out to score the first TD.

Not sure why Brown isn’t the guy running that stuff.

If we’re going with Prukop think we should run something that’s more of an option set from pistol or shotgun.  He looks really uncomfortable under center and doesn’t get low to run the wedge.

9 hours ago, Booch said:

how the broadcasters didn't even comment was pathetic

There was a long silence, I was waiting for them to say something, then..

nothing. 

no idea why they would not comment. Afraid to criticize  the officials I guess.

great luck that schoen was not knocked out.

Hope the league does something, or the next game will be the same or worse.

Ottawa, the new dirty cfl team

Edited by Mark F

53 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

They should just make headshots automatic, regardless of the situation, intent, etc. No grey area. Put the burden on the tackler.

I think thats what the NFL did. It works. And I dont care if a ball carrier ducks his head into contact. 

piss around with hashmarks, four downs, ratio, and do nothing meaningful about this.

I dont criticize the cfl much at all, but this is just stupid. 

Edited by Mark F

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

Doesn't that make it worse?

To me the one on Zach should have been flagged easily. If a defender has to go that low to hit you, you probably aren't eligible to be hit.

No it doesn't make it worse. If the DB was targeting the head in the first place, he'd have missed. The fact that Shoen lost the ball and tried to get it back changed where his head was. That's why it wasn't called.

As for Zach. Going head first makes him vulnerable to getting hit without any penalty. You're allowed to hit players on the way down. Heck your allowed to hit the player even after he's down to the echo of the whistle.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The head shot wasn't targeted. Schoen's head wouldn't have been in that position if he hadn't had the ball punched out. Helmet to helmet happens. It's called on QB's. It's not called as often on RB's or Receivers when they are on their way down. It wasn't even the first hit on Schoen on the play.

No his head was exposed and the DB made the decision to lead with his helmet on a defenseless receiver. The worst hit of the night in my opinion at least with Collaros he was on his way down, this was a targeted attempt. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

About 50% on the sneaks.  Took two downs to get one yard, botched the goal-line play and had to bring Collaros back out to score the first TD.

Not sure why Brown isn’t the guy running that stuff.

If we’re going with Prukop think we should run something that’s more of an option set from pistol or shotgun.  He looks really uncomfortable under center and doesn’t get low to run the wedge.

On the TD that took 2 tries, the D-line was offside on the first attempt which may have had a hand in why it didn't go well.

The shot on Shcoen was totally targeted...dude aimed and targeted at the head...launched himself even at it..was totally intentional and the defensive player woukd have landed the same shot regardless of Schoen's position...it was done with intent.

Was funny those Red blacks were quite yappy and spouting off all game like they were defending champs or something..even in pregame...the old perverbial poking a bear is gonna do them in next week ..we were flat..complacent a bit and I think almost played like we just needed to show up... uncharacteristic for this crew...Friday is gonna be a diff game

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

No it doesn't make it worse. If the DB was targeting the head in the first place, he'd have missed. The fact that Shoen lost the ball and tried to get it back changed where his head was. That's why it wasn't called.

As for Zach. Going head first makes him vulnerable to getting hit without any penalty. You're allowed to hit players on the way down. Heck your allowed to hit the player even after he's down to the echo of the whistle.

It’s illegal without targeting, a spear.  That’s as much for protection of the tackler as anyone.

But I disagree wasn’t targeted.  Was a late move and left feet when 83 on way down to turf, led with head.

Wouldn’t have changed the turnover but new rules now about 2 rough play penalties being an ejection, plus 15 yards.  If they don’t call rough play penalties that rule is pointless.

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It’s illegal without targeting, a spear.  That’s as much for protection of the tackler as anyone.

But I disagree wasn’t targeted.  Was a late move and left feet when 83 on way down to turf, led with head.

Wouldn’t have changed the turnover but new rules now about 2 rough play penalties being an ejection, plus 15 yards.  If they don’t call rough play penalties that rule is pointless.

Pretty sure it's rough play penalties after the whistle so likely wouldn't have applied here anyway. 

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

I think we are gonna miss Harris more than I initially thought.

It's early but Oliveira looked slow..Augustine didn't get many reps..but Harris would not have played  anyway and at his age we would be looking to replace him soon no matter what. Got to be patient with the o right now...😊