3 stars plus hh red black and blue

wbbfan

The head shots blatant or not should all be penalized. Fact is it's not 1980 anymore and CTE is a thing

I think tho I'd be a little more concerned with the piling on that happened after every tackle. That's prob just as bad if not worse than some of the unintentional headshots 

Still think headshots of any kind should be penalized tho. 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

..we were flat..complacent a bit and I think almost played like we just needed to show up... uncharacteristic for this crew...Friday is gonna be a diff game

We just seemed to lack intensity,  the Redblacks were laying into the hits while we seemed very soft and just casually dragging guys down.   The intensity picked up much more in the 4th quarter after Bighill laid in a big hit.   

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No any unnecessary roughness or objectionable conduct.  2 and out.

From CFL.ca:

Change: Automatic ejection of any player guilty of two unnecessary roughness penalties or two objectionable conduct penalties (or a combination of two UR and OC penalties) for infractions that occur following a play. This will discourage the type of conduct that can threaten player safety and disrupt game flow.

23 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

As for Zach. Going head first makes him vulnerable to getting hit without any penalty. You're allowed to hit players on the way down. Heck your allowed to hit the player even after he's down to the echo of the whistle.

I’m pretty sure they changed that rule a few years ago… a qb can give himself up any way, not just a feet first slide… that said, I don’t think that play was an intentional target and I agreed with the non-call… he slid late and the defenders were already engaged in making a tackle… I also am happy the injury spotter pulled him for safety (easier to say that after Brown came in and finished off the job 😄)

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I’m pretty sure they changed that rule a few years ago… a qb can give himself up any way, not just a feet first slide… that said, I don’t think that play was an intentional target and I agreed with the non-call… he slid late and the defenders were already engaged in making a tackle… I also am happy the injury spotter pulled him for safety (easier to say that after Brown came in and finished off the job 😄)

I'm pretty sure they didn't. In fact, they changed the rule this year that the QB has to give himself up early or get a penalty. If they don't want to get hit, then they have to slide early. Collaros wasn't going to do that in the situation and he paid the price. That's just football.

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm pretty sure they didn't. In fact, they changed the rule this year that the QB has to give himself up early or get a penalty. If they don't want to get hit, then they have to slide early. Collaros wasn't going to do that in the situation and he paid the price. That's just football.

I hope that serves as a wake up call for Zach, he really hasn't been put in a game situation were he had to make something happen with his legs since he played for Sask..  He should watch the highlight of his head bouncing off the turf every week  in case he's forgotten that he's older, fragile, and his head is too big.  Hopefully he refrains from running for contested yardage from this point forward.

18 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I hope that serves as a wake up call for Zach, he really hasn't been put in a game situation were he had to make something happen with his legs since he played for Sask..  He should watch the highlight of his head bouncing off the turf every week  in case he's forgotten that he's older, fragile, and his head is too big.  Hopefully he refrains from running for contested yardage from this point forward.

But if he doesn't run there we might lose the game... he picked up a crucial first down on that sequence. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But if he doesn't run there we might lose the game... he picked up a crucial first down on that sequence. 

So be it, that's gambling short term gain for long term consequences, obviously his offensive weapons were not functioning as designed, so it's back to the drawing board with Buck.

33 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

So be it, that's gambling short term gain for long term consequences, obviously his offensive weapons were not functioning as designed, so it's back to the drawing board with Buck.

The way the running game was being shut down it's no wonder Zack took off to move the sticks....Shouldn't have happened that way if our running game is up to par.....I hope we have a different plan for the rematch in Ottawa involving our running game....Don't know if we're just not getting the holes upfront ....our O Line is still solid.... orrrrrrr our backs just aren't following the blocking.....Don' know why as they watched Andrew bulling through them often enough....Hope to see a big improvement next game

Edited by Stickem

16 hours ago, Brandon said:

We just seemed to lack intensity,  the Redblacks were laying into the hits while we seemed very soft and just casually dragging guys down.   The intensity picked up much more in the 4th quarter after Bighill laid in a big hit.   

Apart from the lack of intensity, at least one of the reasons the Bombers were grabbing rather than hitting was they were all too often three or four steps away from the Ottawa receivers.

21 hours ago, Booch said:

The shot on Shcoen was totally targeted...dude aimed and targeted at the head...launched himself even at it..was totally intentional and the defensive player woukd have landed the same shot regardless of Schoen's position...it was done with intent.

Was funny those Red blacks were quite yappy and spouting off all game like they were defending champs or something..even in pregame...the old perverbial poking a bear is gonna do them in next week ..we were flat..complacent a bit and I think almost played like we just needed to show up... uncharacteristic for this crew...Friday is gonna be a diff game

How does that play go if they call the headshot? Technically it was after the fumble but before Ott recovery so it would cancel the turnover right?

I was pretty shocked the penalty didn't get called..

especially since it was so obvious that he took a headshot with his helmet exploding off his head

46 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The way the running game was being shut down it's no wonder Zack took off to move the sticks....Shouldn't have happened that way if our running game is up to par.....I hope we have a different plan for the rematch in Ottawa involving our running game....Don't know if we're just not getting the holes upfront ....our O Line is still solid.... orrrrrrr our backs just aren't following the blocking.....Don' know why as they watched Andrew bulling through them often enough....Hope to see a big improvement next game

Why is Oliveira starting? He is slow & plodding. He may bust the odd one but if his OL doesn't open the holes he does nothing. A straight ahead runner. Johnny Augustine can make things happen. He should be the full time starter. The heck with platooning them. 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Isn't the new penalty for when QBs fake that they are going to go down but then keep on running?

50 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

How does that play go if they call the headshot? Technically it was after the fumble but before Ott recovery so it would cancel the turnover right?

I was pretty shocked the penalty didn't get called..

especially since it was so obvious that he took a headshot with his helmet exploding off his head

Ottawa would have kept the ball but been 15 yards back from where they recovered the fumble.  The recovery was pretty quick and the unnecessary hit wasn't interfering with Schoen trying to recover the fumble.

1. If the foul occurs when neither team is in possession, the non-offending team may elect to have the penalty applied:
    1. from the point where possession was gained or deemed to have been gained or,
    2. from the point where the ball became dead on the play.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why is Oliveira starting? He is slow & plodding. He may bust the odd one but if his OL doesn't open the holes he does nothing. A straight ahead runner. Johnny Augustine can make things happen. He should be the full time starter. The heck with platooning them. 

The bombers run to grind down the defense and top. Augustine isn’t a punishing running. In the time before bond when our ol struggled last Harris was averaging under 2 ypc. Augustine is best suited of the two to be a change of pace back. 
 We can’t know stuff like ability to learn and execute the game plan but that could be a factor. 
 Neither one shows well against Ottawa. But Augustine’s age vs Brady and collaros ability to lead the offense plus the hash mark change I think a Augustine rb 1 offense that’s more pass heavy would be our best option. But I don’t think they are going to make that whole sale a change. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The bombers run to grind down the defense and top. Augustine isn’t a punishing running. In the time before bond when our ol struggled last Harris was averaging under 2 ypc. Augustine is best suited of the two to be a change of pace back. 
 We can’t know stuff like ability to learn and execute the game plan but that could be a factor. 
 Neither one shows well against Ottawa. But Augustine’s age vs Brady and collaros ability to lead the offense plus the hash mark change I think a Augustine rb 1 offense that’s more pass heavy would be our best option. But I don’t think they are going to make that whole sale a change. 

I agree. We need to have the threat of a run game to make the defense honest. Better with Augustine.

29 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I agree. We need to have the threat of a run game to make the defense honest. Better with Augustine.

Bombers did NOT win the trench battle and there were few holes for either Oliveira or Augustine. That has to change. I expect a much better performance next game.