2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We need one more receiver & he'd be a great addition. But we know Toronto will scoop him up because the CFL says they can. 

I would want a full physical on him and workout prior to signing him. He hasn't touched turf since 2018 due to a pretty serious injury.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Has there been any info on the 2021 Grey Cup rings? Seems to be later in the year than when the designs for the 2019 ones came out. I wanna see them!

I seem to recall the design for the 2019 rings being revealed May-ish. Could be wrong though.

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

2019 ones did not get unveiled until August 6, 2020. 

That late? Really?

Edited by Stretch

On 2022-03-11 at 1:39 PM, Goalie said:

Car accident right? Yeah he's not the same. That **** fucks you mentally and physically 

Okay, Doctor Goalie... 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iozokbuxyf9f1zgy3d

6 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Has there been any info on the 2021 Grey Cup rings? Seems to be later in the year than when the designs for the 2019 ones came out. I wanna see them!

Teams usually have a ceremony at training camps & invite the players not there anymore back to receive them. If some are with other CFL teams they'll give them out when the Bombers play them. Still 7 weeks until camp. 

On 2022-03-13 at 12:26 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Okay, Doctor Goalie... 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iozokbuxyf9f1zgy3d

Teams usually have a ceremony at training camps & invite the players not there anymore back to receive them. If some are with other CFL teams they'll give them out when the Bombers play them. Still 7 weeks until camp. 

Right. Shouldn't you and the others be busy being experts on international relations and being virus experts? 

Clown 

Another day another 3dn $ - hit piece on the bombers. 

https://3downnation.com/2022/03/14/cap-crunch-breaking-down-the-salary-cap-situation-of-every-cfl-team-for-2022/

This alleges that we have the 2nd highest cap commitment currently. Being a shade over what the project the cap to be once the season begins. 

Given the fact we didn't hand out huge raises, and that we lost vets like Harris, Lawler, Adams, Kongbo, and Desjarlais, not to mention Castillo, I take this article with an extreme grain of salt. Plus, they report that BAs cap hit is just 87k for a full season.  I wish the league would report actual cap numbers so we didn't have such untrust worthy stats.

Collaros became the highest paid player, but only after 2 other guys restructured their deals and 1 retired. And his raise is still a fraction of what guys like lawler got. 

Looking at our roster I fully expect to see At least 1 more imp lber, 3 total DL, 2 total OL, 1 qb, 1 imp rb, and easily 2+ wrs. Possibly as many as 4 or 5 wrs.  I think most of those will be first year guys, or none cfl starters. But I would be surprised if we didn't see another couple for NFL cast offs with high upside. And I don't think we will see any hesitation to offer a strong deal to guys like desjarlais, kongbo, alford and dobson should they come free. 

We also currently have 19 guys 25 or younger. Which is pretty crazy in the cfl. That's opposed to 16 guys age 30 or older. If any thing, we have the most game day roster in the league right now, and the ability to cut rookie contracts and save a ton of cash for a big name guy. 

I don't trust the reported numbers any more then I trust a riderfan with their attractive cousin. I would love if it leads to proper roster cost reporting, even if not reporting specific player deals. But don't try n tell me al those former all star WRs the elk signed are playing for league minimum. Or that BC has the largest warchest after the crazy huge deals they've handed out. Every one BC has signed has been a huge over pay. 

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Not sure I'd consider that a "hit piece". I'm sure their numbers aren't perfect, but it would not surprise me in the least if they were close to correct. 87K for BA sounds about right if he's on the 6 game to start. 

In isolation, maybe not. But given the articles written since the off season began, I'd say yes. Also the reported money in vs money out just doesnt make sense. 

Thats 87k for ba for the whole season, they don't factor in him starting out on the 6 game. 

A couple lines in the 1st two paragraphs sum up the whole thing: 

"Yet in reality, nobody knows a thing, with CFL contracts carefully concealed from public view."

"The result is a well-educated guess at the financial standing of each club at this stage in the off-season"

When it comes to the Bombers specifically, he admits the he is going off of inconsistent information so his words don't hold much weight.

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/03/14/steinbergs-mmqb-three-breakout-candidates-in-22/?fbclid=IwAR3xVelKbic84Qu4ILfA5ITCKOgcReuUNnFnk-o1lC2isn6U7SurPLPplXU

Article on 3 predictions for player break outs. He picked Brady as one. I think we will continue to see surges of brilliance from brady and augustine and no true no1 rb in 2022. We could be splitting carries for a long time. In fact, I think that's the best case scenario. 

On D I think nichols, kyrie and sayles are the break out guys to watch. On O, Sheed demski and gray. Imo one of the wrs is going to join ellingson as an allstar this year.