2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/03/14/argos-release-ratio-breaking-offensive-tackle-jamal-campbell-ahead-of-off-season-bonus/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Argos cut their NI tackle to save 7500$ of roster bonus. Which im betting is because they spent their entire seasons worth of bonus money. 

Wow, what an organization. Cut him now when there's far less money out there. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/03/14/argos-release-ratio-breaking-offensive-tackle-jamal-campbell-ahead-of-off-season-bonus/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Argos cut their NI tackle to save 7500$ of roster bonus. Which im betting is because they spent their entire seasons worth of bonus money. 

T.O. getting themselves into a mucky financial situation....Having said that and considering the loss of Desjarlis ....should we/could we have a look....Guy has age,experience and the right passport for sure

Just now, Stickem said:

T.O. getting themselves into a mucky financial situation....Having said that and considering the loss of Desjarlis ....should we/could we have a look....Guy has age,experience and the right passport for sure

I dont think so. 1 do expect that eli will be back. 2, gray is better. 3, he'd have no chance of displacing one of our imp tackles. Finally he will probably draw too much money. No reason for a desperate team not to give him 100k range. 

What a gong show of a franchise though. Even with pinball around it feels like he's a puppet.  

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

FMi1z3xVIAIWuas.jpeg

I can see why the have an issue with this, especially when they are tying it to Reeves.

Oh, absolutely.

And it's a ridiculous campaign from the Liberals -  as absolutely no one would see this and associate it with their brand/candidate.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

5'11" - 180lbs.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/whop-philyor/32005048-4978-5891-7060-c4e4995ca099

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=19053

This guy is incredibly quick and explosive. Combine that with the incredibly toughness and strength and he looks like a special get. Reminds me a lot of arland bruce. 

Edited by wbbfan

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If I may.......*ahem*

"BUT WHY ISN'T KYLE WALTERS BRINGING IN RECEIVERS? JOHN HUFNAGEL IS ALWAYS BRINGING IN RECEIVERS! CALGARY IS GREAT! WE ARE NOT!!" 

Qft. 

Jackson Simmons and whop is a whole lot to be excited about. Looks like the best crop of young Imp wrs we've had in a while. Sure would like to see Meredith come back for camp and maybe draft another ni wr but the qbs are gonna have a great time in camp with all these guys. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/whop-philyor/32005048-4978-5891-7060-c4e4995ca099

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=19053

This guy is incredibly quick and explosive. Combine that with the incredibly toughness and strength and he looks like a special get. Reminds me a lot of Arland Bruce. 

So named because of his fondness for Burger King offerings. Wait until he has a Fatboy.

33 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I'm betting he gets more work as a kr down south this year 

Does the NFL still value kick returners? I haven't seen the stats but it seems that with punters getting better there are more fair catches and the change in field position for kick-offs has almost entirely been eliminated.

So, why pay Spencer when you can bring in a kid to develop with a higher upside, possibly to play as a corner or receiver? 

Now, I'm curious about the stats and am going to look them up. 

Spencer had 17 returns last year. Average of 17.1 yards per return. 15 games played. He would have to be on the active roster in the NFL and he's never really been given a chance to play receiver. 

30 years old. 

EDIT to add punting stats for Spencer: 26 returns for an average of 7.9 yards per return. 

Edited by JCon

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Does the NFL still value kick returners? I haven't seen the stats but it seems that with punters getting better there are more fair catches and the change in field position for kick-offs has almost entirely been eliminated.

So, why pay Spencer when you can bring in a kid to develop with a higher upside, possibly to play as a corner or receiver? 

Now, I'm curious about the stats and am going to look them up. 

Spencer had 17 returns last year. Average of 17.1 yards per return. 15 games played. He would have to be on the active roster in the NFL and he's never really been given a chance to play receiver. 

30 years old. 

EDIT to add punting stats for Spencer: 26 returns for an average of 7.9 yards per return. 

Not like they once did. But they do. Really it's not a position you draft For nearly as much. Which means vets recirculate more. Check how many krs have tds in the nfl then come up here. An easy way is looking at cfl return men with nfl xp and check for tds. It's a tiny group I don't think any currently in the league. 

Once you break one you have camp invites for as long as you want. He's made over 2mil in the nfl. What kind of offer do you think it'll take 250k or more?

He also becomes a prime candidate for the usfl too. It'd give him a chance to play right after in the nfl. 

At 30 a cfl contract is a career move. Meanwhile he qualifies for an NFL pension. Iirc the difference between 3 years of service and 5 years is 70k to 120k a year with the Max of 210 ish after 7.  I don't see an incentive for him to come up north this year. 

On 2022-03-14 at 2:21 PM, Stickem said:

We're up against the old salary cap. We have no idea what the new cap will be because Ambrosie instead of negotiating a new CBA so teams can move forward is on his tour of CFL cities talking BS like today in Calgary saying we need a new stadium & he supports it using Canadian Tire money.

ConventionalMealyCicada-size_restricted.

Ambrosie says Calgary needs a new stadium.